• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Satisfactory_KeyArt_1_Website_PNG.png

One of my most anticipated games of this season is Satisfactory and I really think you should give it a look. It's a first person factory building game set in an alien planet, in order to progress you have to conquer the planet by gathering resources and exploring and maybe fighting some monsters.

It's releasing on Early Access today

There's something super relaxing about the loop in the gameplay and the visual department, so please, don't let it be an epic store exclusive intimidate you and give yourself a relaxing cup of building, exploring and gathering!

Update: Not owned by Evil THQ Nordic

And if you want my take on the subject; you are right to do whatever you find fit, you want it on another storefront? great. Still have doubts about the THQ thing? Valid. It's your decision to make and no one can take that away from you

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
An Epic Games Exclusive, that surely will go down well around here.

Which is a shame, game looks actually really fun for those who enjoy crafting and pretty visuals.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I always enjoy those games immensely until the "fight some monsters" part. Then i do not care anymore.
Just let me build stuff towards a goal.
infiniFactory was the best game ever.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really interesting!

But it might be helpful to put in the OP that it's releasing in early access?

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
does this game have co-op/multiplayer? my friend really enjoyed factorio and i'd like to maybe play something like that with him

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I'm not particularly intrigued by the first person view, it looks nice but I tend to get confused, I prefer crafting/building games to have a top-down or isometric camera. It looks interesting though, I'll be looking more into it when it leaves early access.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
This looks really neat! Too bad it requires a piece of spyware to play it.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I love factorio, and was all in the moment they announced it

On the other hand they went to epic store and became a subsidiary of thq nordic

I am so conflicted

OP
OP

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh... Don't see the point of exploring unless it's for materials for the factory and it's probably better to to have minimal combat etc because it's a massive distraction from doing your damn Factory job!
You are on a new planet and you have to extract the resources from it, so you start doing it manually

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
From what I saw in Streams, it is more like 90% Subnautica and 10% Factorio.
Factory buildings and material crafting depth seem to be lacking.
Not sure how it will work late game with big builds and no bird-view.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I'd buy it if it had a standalone linux install or was on steam so I could run on proton.
Epic store exclusive is absolutely a no buy for me even if I could run it.

It looks really cool though so I'm quite pissed that they made it exclusive.

Edit: and also THQ Nordic.. thanks but no thanks.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know THQ Nordic owned them.

Yeah, sorry to the developers, but no way I'm supporting a publisher that makes AMAs in 8chan.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
From what I saw in Streams, it is more like 90% Subnautica and 10% Factorio.
Factory buildings and material crafting depth seem to be lacking.
Not sure how it will work late game with big builds and no bird-view.
Reminds me that I still haven't gotten into Subnautica.

--------------------------
Should there be another thread to complain about the store that it's on? This is almost seeming like, "this would be perfect for switch" levels of nagging.

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
I was really excited about this when it got announced and I got the email about the early access weekend, but disappointed to see EGS exclusive. Won't be playing I guess.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first real hard THQn decision I've had to make. I was in the Satisfactory alpha and it was QUITE good.

That's too bad.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

Should there be another thread to complain about the store that it's on? This is almost seeming like, "this would be perfect for switch" levels of nagging.

no.

i was a huge fan of this game when it was announced as I'm a huge fan of factorio. I was pumping it up on twitter and interacting with their devs and everything. EGS turned a 100% guaranteed purchase to a near 0% chance of purchase.

I am still super angry they did it. so hooray to them. instead of getting a 70% cut on $30 they now get an 88% cut on $0.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

I get why they took the EGS deal, but because they did, they, and you, are going to have to understand that it's part of the conversation.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When did THQN get involved with the publishing? If it was before all the fallout, you can't blame the devs. They're just trying to make a successful product with what they have.

The trailer + multiplayer I saw looked amazing. Almost No Man's Sky esque so with that I'm kinda interested in checking out

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
When did THQN get involved with the publishing? If it was before all the fallout, you can't blame the devs. They're just trying to make a successful product with what they have.

The trailer + multiplayer I saw looked amazing. Almost No Man's Sky esque so with that I'm kinda interested in checking out

THQN bought coffee stain studios

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland

Coffee Stain is part of THQ Nordic in a similar way like Deep Silver is. They aren't a publisher of their games, but a separate company that is owned by THQ Nordic. Coffee Stain apparently have a complete creative freedom and are free to decide where they want to release their games.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
Please don't buy the game on the Epic store :)
Just wait until it is available on other stores.
Don't support this nonsense on PC

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's one of those cases where I was pretty annoyed with the Epic moneyhat. It looks like a neat game, I watched some videos of it but with last weekend's reveal that Epic is harvesting private Steam data I don't trust Epic enough to install their store anymore. I'll spend the time getting into Factory Town instead.
jpg