• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
***Possible spoilers for Episode IX can appear in this thread (YOU HAVE BEEN SPOILER WARNED)***

Can we get some ideas in here on plausible plots and endings to Episode 9 that would *satisfyingly* wrap up both the Sequel Trilogy and the Skywalker Saga?

Every leak that I hear about Episode 9 leads to just terrible plot elements & unsatisfying endings, and even the way TLJ left things, I can't fathom how they can satisfyingly wrap things up for the trilogy, let alone the Skywalker Saga, in this one remaining film.

Ideas that align with the trailer & leaks that have happened thus far will be particularly interesting.

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
Rey is going to die most likely. She made it crystal clear she will not be in any sequel trilogy at all. And the precise end of her arc "made her cry".

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rey is the daughter of luke and palpatine
han is not really dead
jabba the hutt has a son called bajja

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. We haven't got any real concrete "Force" plot leaks other than Palpatine is back, potentially posing Matt Smiths character, and is in conflict with both Rey and Kylo.

And that Rey/Poe/Finn appear to be on a mission to recover Threepios wiped memories to re-activate a Droid Army.

Which in my view, sounds pretty fucking cool.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EoE, the live action take.
That seems to be the direction they are going I think. Just without Rey going bad like Luke did.

Also I would put money down on Force Ghost Luke and Anakin taking part in the big finale fight vs Palpatine. Like how Force Ghost Yoda and Obi-Wan were originally planned to do in Return of the Jedi.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
***Possible spoilers for Episode IX can appear in this thread (YOU HAVE BEEN SPOILER WARNED)***

Can we get some ideas in here on plausible plots and endings to Episode 9 that would *satisfyingly* wrap up both the Sequel Trilogy and the Skywalker Saga?

Every leak that I hear about Episode 9 leads to just terrible plot elements & unsatisfying endings, and even the way TLJ left things, I can't fathom how they can satisfyingly wrap things up for the trilogy, let alone the Skywalker Saga, in this one remaining film.

Ideas that align with the trailer & leaks that have happened thus far will be particularly interesting.

Here's the OP

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
all i know is that some "fans" of star wars really fucking suck at watching movies

i commented to some friends how this movie will probably be the first order vs the resistance vs the empire

and their response was "what does the empire have anything to do here?"

and i was like "why the fuck do you think palpatine is back??"

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously I am so convinced I'd even do an avatar bet that Force Ghost Luke *and* Anakin appear to help in the big finale battle against Palpatine.

It's going to happen. That is how it all brought together. 3 generations of heroes from all 3 trilogies vs the ultimate big bad, Papa Palps.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Rey, Kylo, Ghost Luke, Ghost Anakin vs Palpatine for the Galactic Heavyweight Championship

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rey, Kylo, Ghost Luke, Ghost Anakin vs Palpatine for the Galactic Heavyweight Championship
Yep yep yep. I have almost zero doubt that this is what JJ is going to do for the big finale. That's how it's the conclusion for all 3 trilogies in one.

And if the rumor of the Resistance using Threepios wiped memories to activate a droid army plays out then the big military battle alongside the Force battle would be a 3 generations battle as well.

OP
OP
Fluffernutter Pancake
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. We haven't got any real concrete "Force" plot leaks other than Palpatine is back, potentially posing Matt Smiths character, and is in conflict with both Rey and Kylo.

And that Rey/Poe/Finn appear to be on a mission to recover Threepios wiped memories to re-activate a Droid Army.

Sure, it sounds fun, but how does it sound like the end of a trilogy or a 9-part saga? Let's say that plot element takes up about 1/3 of the film. They have about 2 hours or less to wrap up the entire trilogy and saga somehow, in a satisfying way.

How?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
If Kylo is redeemed in any way this trilogy was pointless throughout its very core.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
There is a big final battle and all the bad guys from every starwars movie show up to fight, then it zooms out and kyloren is holding a snowglobe, and it was all a dream.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, it sounds fun, but how does it sound like the end of a trilogy or a 9-part saga? Let's say that plot element takes up about 1/3 of the film. They have about 2 hours or less to wrap up the entire trilogy and saga somehow, in a satisfying way.

How?
It sounds like a very clean way to tie all 9 films together to me.

Finale military battle involving Droid Army, Palpatine forces, and FO would be a 3 generation 3 trilogy military battle.

Kylo, Rey, Luke, and Anakin vs Palpatine would be a 3 trilogy 3 generation Force battle.

And that would only need to cover the last half hour or so ala ROTJ. The first 2 hours would be about setting us up for that point.

I feel like this could be done pretty cleanly. You can start the film with Rey/Poe/Finn already on the mission to find Threepios wiped memories on the Tantive III to reactivate a droid army for the Resistance and Kylo's story deal with the Palpatine returning element till it all converges in the last act.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
I need a 20-30 minute space battle, with a 10 minute lightsaber duel. The prequels weren't perfect, but the action scenes were eye candy.

Yeah I'd be really down for this. It's mixing some OG Dark Empire storyline into the sequel trilogy.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with a satisfying ending is that it is not an isolated event, disconnected from the rest of the story. That might be the reason why you are not impressed with speculation about it. The climax is usually foreshadowed in the beginning of the story. It's found in what the protagonist wants the most and what the antafonist wants the most. You know that Rey wants to know her history and why she has force powers... the antagonist? I'm not sure what he wants to be honest, his motivation is not made very clear. (If he doesn't get replaced by a secret new antagonist that then explains his motivation)

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk: No one is going to give a shit about "but Palpatine wasn't in TLJ/TFA!" when the camera pans to Luke and Anakin standing side by side with Rey/Kylo facing down Palpatine.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Finale military battle involving Droid Army, Palpatine forces, and FO would be a 3 generation 3 trilogy military battle.

Kylo, Rey, Luke, and Anakin vs Palpatine would be a 3 trilogy 3 generation Force battle.

And that would only need to cover the last half hour or so ala ROTJ. The first 2 hours would be about setting us up for that point.

I feel like this could be done pretty cleanly. You can start the film with Rey/Poe/Finn already on the mission to find Threepios wiped memories on the Tantive III to reactivate a droid army for the Resistance and Kylo's story deal with the Palpatine returning element till it all converges in the last act.

they fucking acknowledging threepio wipe out memories would be good.

i never liked how they explained threepio not knowing anything in the OT with a throwaway line in the PT

OP
OP
Fluffernutter Pancake
Oct 25, 2017

And.....................what's the point?

What you've described sounds like Michael Bay taking a crack at the script. Plenty of explosions but no real point to it all.

So you get everyone we've ever known in Star Wars fighting each other. Why? Also, how? (after zero indication of this happening for the first two films in the trilogy)

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I have a good ending in my head but the teaser for TROS negated it as a possibility.

I like the EOE idea, though. Embrace existential despair and crucify Kylo Ren in space.

Edit: EOE = End of Evangelion

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

What you've described sounds like Michael Bay taking a crack at the script. Plenty of explosions but no real point to it all.

So you get everyone we've ever known in Star Wars fighting each other. Why? Also, how? (after zero indication of this happening for the first two films in the trilogy)

oh i see, you just wanted to complain about how "they didnt planned the trilogy!!!!1!!"

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i am pretty sure that is the entire point of the first two acts. Explaining why Palpatine is there and how he came back (for all we know he was always there!). I don't think JJ is just going to skip that and jump straight into the final battle. Final battle only needs 30 minutes or so. That's what the first 2 hours are for.

Assuming JJ won't be able to explain it without seeing how he will explain it seems silly to me.

Pumpkinator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We see Luke waking up and realize he's back in his Jedi dojo as he walks out to a peaceful scene of all his students training in the Jedi arts. All the new characters from the new trilogy were his students and it all had been just a dream. Suddenly the peaceful scene is broken as Luke's eyes begin to glow red and he pulls out his lightsaber and kills all his students. Then cue the Imperial March theme as you hear Emperor Plapatine laughing and emerging from the shadows. Mark Hamill lets out one of his patented joker laughs as he and the emperor embrace. Roll credits.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Palpatine is the main villain, Kylo and Rey team up to fight him, Kylo tragically dies and gets a big farewell that echoes Darth Vader's cremation in the RotJ ending. Rey will say something about despite his evil ways, Ben (specifically using the name Ben because he's Kylo no more) redeemed himself and will be remembered as a hero to the New New Republic.

Rey adopts the name Skywalker and starts training new Jedi.

Cue the internet outrage because that would be some serious bullshit.

Yub Nub 2.0 plays

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't know because I don't care for any of the characters that much at all.

I guess some sort of not being able to escape whatever blows up in the end scenes, like they are battling to the end and few survive. The walls come crashing down, Luke, Palpatine, Kylo, Vader together, light versus dark but inevitable demise, end of the road for all of them, Rey maybe walks away and just lets things be, no Jedi order, just people.

OP
OP
Fluffernutter Pancake
Oct 25, 2017
i am pretty sure that is the entire point of the first two acts. Explaining why Palpatine is there and how he came back (for all we know he was always there!). I don't think JJ is just going to skip that and jump straight into the final battle. Final battle only needs 30 minutes or so. That's what the first 2 hours are for.

Assuming JJ won't be able to explain it without seeing how he will explain it seems silly to me.

That's what this thread is about: to speculate (realistically and satisfyingly) on what could be laid out in those first 2 hours to explain this wild grand finale, what the stakes are etc., and then what we can expect the victors to have achieved afterwards, in a saga-wrapping up way.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The after credit scene should be a Star Wars fan awakening in a cold sweat only to realize the latest trilogy has been a terrible, terrible nightmare.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"A mutant strain of midichlorians wipes out all females except gorgeous submissive ones with huge boobs - throughout the galaxy and there is peace forever and the only survivors are high level jedi, cool pilots, Boba Fett and no ewoks and the midichlorians are revealed to be totally nothing to do with the force which is actually caused by mystical stuff which Luke Skywalker who was only pretending to be dead uses to resurrect these fifteen characters but not rey . " - Reddit