• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the best idea that I've heard for Palpatine in Episode IX:

Throw in the discarded "Luke's dismembered hand" idea when it was supposed to appear in Episode VII, and you could have the idea that Rey is a Skywalker clone, made by Palpatine's secret clone program, to serve as a vessel for him after his death. That would make her a Skywalker without being anyone's child, and tie it all together. Outlandish, but possible.

I don't really like the idea that the Sith gained power over life/death. It's much more poetic that the Jedi find that power and its only attainable through the light side of the Force. Anakin's creation is also the Force willing him into being as a response to what Palpatine/Plagieus' fuckery, that's how I always interpreted it as.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My add to the basic plot points that seem to be out there (Palpatine back, Macguffin, etc.) would be that while Kylo Ren is in charge of the First Order at the beginning of the film, others like Hux and some members of the KoR are not happy with his leadership and become seduced by a new guy rising up the FO ranks who is the "mind controlled by Palaptine dude".

1.) Kylo's whole arc is that he assumed that by killing Han/Luke/etc. and "winning" that he would get clarity and and absolute power over the Force as Snoke promised him, but that isn't the case at all as he's tormented by the past and Vader doesn't "speak" to him anymore.

Anyway, this leads to a schism within the FO that gets taken advantage of by the Palpatine-clone guy. Kylo is unstable and hasn't been able to keep the spark of the Resistance from spreading, particularly Rey's power/stature has grown.

2.) The other thing I'd add is not all the Knights of Ren are men, there is a woman and she has blind devotion to Kylo Ren. She is mildly Force sensitive and believes Kylo to be a savior type figure because he has the bloodline of Anakin Skywalker/Vader within him. She is Kylo's closest advisor as we begin the story.

3.) There's a coup against Kylo about the middle of the film by Palpy Clone where Kylo is presumed to be killed and those loyal to him are killed or throw in prison. During this coup the Resistance also gets their ass whupped in a giant battle ... turns out the Palpy Clone played everyone and seizes power of the First Order while handing the Resistance a severe death blow.

4.) Kylo teams up with Rey and dies at the end to defeat the First Order, and in dying he sees his mother and Luke etc. welcoming him to the afterlife basically and he finally gains the peace/understanding of the Force he's been searching for his entire life for a few precious seconds before fading away into death.

5.) The end of the film we see a victorious Rey training a new group of Jedi in the traditional musical montage, but there's a small surprise here ... we see the female KoR who was a Kylo devotee is one of Rey's students ... and she's clearly pregnant.

Hey, it's a space opera right? But that implies that there will be another generation of Skywalker/Solo bloodline and we get our full circle ending.

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Yep yep yep. I have almost zero doubt that this is what JJ is going to do for the big finale. That's how it's the conclusion for all 3 trilogies in one.

And if the rumor of the Resistance using Threepios wiped memories to activate a droid army plays out then the big military battle alongside the Force battle would be a 3 generations battle as well.
I want this so fucking bad.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Kylo is redeemed in any way this trilogy was pointless throughout its very core.

Oh he will be. In fact I think JJ will go back to Ben being a major Vader fanboy and the thing that'll "redeem" Ben is that Palpatine will make him think the dark side is too powerful to resist and Luke reveals to him that Darth Vader was a good person in the end that turned away from the dark side and saved his life at the cost of his own.

That way Ben's journey is the realisation that he can't follow in his grandfather's or his uncle's footsteps and instead must forge his own path forward. Which, in a way, mirrors Rey's own journey to the realisation that she isn't defined by her parents and must create her own purpose.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Rey, Finn and Poe fight Palpatine on Jakku, he ends up with the advantage, then Kylo Ren's army lands in the background to kill all of Rey's past.

Palpatine "Child, you still think you have enough power to stop me, I'll love to watch you try..."

An injured Rey struggle to pick up a fallen light saber

Rey hears a voice ''There is no try" it's Luke...

Blue Lightning hits the battlefield, and every fucking jedi/hero shows up throughout the trilogies, first Mace Windu appears, then Han Solo swoops in with the Millenium Falcon with a quip "Of all the days to be brought back to life"

Luke's plan has worked and he's brought them all back. He says "The force is strong with us all" Ewan Mcgregor and Hayden Chrisstesen have their hands on his shoulders and they help the trio finish off the ultimate sith army.

Palpatine steals the droid that contain the activation code for the death sun

'No one can stop me'
'I am no one'

Rey pushes an old star destroyer and crushes everyone, and the heroes go and pay trubute to the fallen.
"Is that everyone?"
"You want more?"

Giant Jar Jar Binks bursts through the Jakku crashed Star Destroyer.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Oh he will be. In fact I think JJ will go back to Ben being a major Vader fanboy and the thing that'll "redeem" Ben is that Palpatine will make him think the dark side is too powerful to resist and Luke reveals to him that Darth Vader was a good person in the end that turned away from the dark side and saved his life at the cost of his own.

That way Ben's journey is the realisation that he can't follow in his grandfather's or his uncle's footsteps and instead must forge his own path forward. Which, in a way, mirrors Rey's own journey to the realisation that she isn't defined by her parents and must create her own purpose.

Bleh.

The message so far that they've been absolutely nailing with Kylo Ten is that you can empathise with a villain, but if they refuse to change then you have to take a stand against them, no matter how much you personally like them.

"Actually anyone can be redeemed" is not just lazy but a full on copy of the main message of Vader's character. And unlike Vader Ren has chosen his path and is driven by spite. They'd be very litteraly throwing away one of the most original villain in a movie in decades purely for fan-service because people like Ren.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Sheev brings back Darth Plaigeous the Wise, the EVIL SITH soul of Darth Vader in his armor, Maul, Dooku and Snoke

Rey fights them alongside Ben who has become good, Luke, young Anakin, Qui Gon and Obi Wan in an EPIC JEDI LIGHTSABER BATTLE

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
It wont be satisfying, but Rey and kylo team up against palpatine, kylo dies ( no force ghost cause he still mad at things), Yoda and Luke force ghosts chuckle at stuff, Rey becomes some super saiyan jedi god in 5 minutes and if you complain about it you hate women.

Finn and Poe do some stupid side quest that doesn't have to do with anything and get a medal ceremony at the end (finn does not end up with rose or rey).

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wont be satisfying, but Rey and kylo team up against palpatine, kylo dies ( no force ghost cause he still mad at things), Yoda and Luke force ghosts chuckle at stuff, Rey becomes some super saiyan jedi god in 5 minutes and if you complain about it you hate women.

Finn and Poe do some stupid side quest that doesn't have to do with anything and get a medal ceremony at the end (finn does not end up with rose or rey).
We know that Poe/Finn/Rey is on the adventure together for the majority of the run-time. No being forced off into side-missions. JJ made this clear that the core of the movie is the 3 on an adventure together.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Hooooo boy. I sat down to write some thoughts of how I thought it could go and got hella carried away. Oops!
A lot of this is quite bad as I was trying to fit it around some of what we know. I also didn't go into any of the knew characters, really. It's absolute fan fiction crap, but isn't that what we're here for?

This post will use a couple of supposed spoilers that I read recently (though most of these are my own ideas), so avoid this post if you are avoiding spoilers.

At the beginning of the film, Rey, Finn, Poe, Leia and the still tiny Resistance are on the jungle planet. However, they are in the possession of a large-scale weapon which the Rebellion had been testing near the end of the war. The Fist Order somehow finds out about this and attacks, catching the Resistance off-guard. Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewie and the droids will escape in the Falcon while Leia says a tearful goodbye--she is staying behind to use the weapon, which will slow the first order from our Heroes' trail. She gives them one last gift of hope: inside the Rebel base they were hiding in in the Tantive III, the ship which holds 3PO's wiped memories. She tells them to find an old separatist base, where they may be able to find a droid army. Because 3PO interfaced with a battle droid years ago, his memories may have the code to reactivating an army.

Leia dies in the confrontation, massively crippling the First Order fleet. Ben feels this and is devastated and angry. Over the past year since TLJ he has remained fairly confident as leader, but this is where the recognizable cracks begin to seep back in. Many high officers begin questioning his leadership, and a rift begins to form. In an unstable mental state, Kylo hears a dark voice from beyond. (Alleged spoiler part) He seeks out a force-sensitive creature known as the Oracle in order to make sense of the voice, who tells him how to find this voice: Rey. Kylo is conflicted about this after the events of TLJ, but he needs to know more about the presence.

Rey and Co. head to Lando, who now owns a large droid business. They ask for his expertise in droids and such. He says he knows of an old Separatist base on a desert planet Pasaana, but it is in heavily First-Order controlled territory. Land helps smuggle the team onto Pasaana and waits for their pickup instructions once they've completed the mission.

Kylo and the Knights of Ren arrive on Pasaana, looking for Rey. Hey sends the knights and some FO troopers after Poe, Finn, etc. while he seeks out Rey. Rey senses him coming and we get the opening scene from the trailer. Kylo's TIE crashes and he confronts her in the desert. The light saber fight is at first normal, but (Potential Spoiler) their force-connection strengthens again during the fight, causing them to flash around various locations of the galaxy as they fight. Their battle is intense and emotionally-charged. Each has a moment where they could finish the other but they pull back. Finally, they end in a strange, watery location that seems like the Death Star ruins, yet in another world. Here they both here the voice/presence which haunted Kylo before. There they see Palpatine, who has preserved his essence in a sort of limbo. They accidentally 'release' him back into the universe, where he (Potential Spoiler) posses Matt Smith, a dark side acolyte. Palatine needs a being steeped in the dark side to attach himself to. Matt Smith's acolyte is just a temporary vessel: he wants Kylo as his new body.

Meanwhile, Finn, Poe, and 3PO head to the old base, which is heavily worn down and decaying. 3PO is able to interface with the system, but the battle droids are badly deteriorated and non-functional. However, 3PO discovers a droid factory from the end of the war on a mountainous, snowy planet where the resistance could build a new droid army. They get the coordinates and leave to find Rey. Rey and Kylo have gone their separate ways: Rey to the meet-up point and Kylo back to the FO. They are both, however, shaken by what they saw and both are clearly afraid. The gang reunites and exchanges the information they have learned.

Kylo returns to the First Order outpost on Pasaana, where the fleet has reconvened. However, it is not a warm welcome as he is met with a hostile takeover by Richard E Grant's character and the KOR/sithtroopers. The KOR have sensed the return of Palpatine, whom they are loyal to. They had been grooming Kylo to be a good host for Palpatine. They attempt to take Kylo prisoner but he struggles and escapes. He reaches out to Rey and finds her.

Kylo proposes a truce with the Resistance gang, who are understandably uneasy. However, knowing the threat of Palpatine they know they need him, and they enter an uneasy alliance. Kylo says he recognized the ruins from Endor, and that he needs to confront Palpatine there. The resistance, however, needs to go to the droid factory. They call Lando who comes to get them, but it's a fight to escape and they narrowly get past the FO. They hop on over to the droid factory, where they are able to build a small droid army, but time is running out and they need to get to Endor which prevents them from creating a large army.

The First Order has rallied at Endor under the command of REG and the KOR, where they know Kylo and Rey will come to. The Resistance arrives with the droid army and Rey and Kylo in tow. There they meet a group of local scavengers who scavenge the wreckage. Rey makes quick friends with them and they join the cause. The plan is for the Resistance to hold off the FO long enough for Kylo and Rey to beat Palps, after which they can then reinstate Kylo to the FO who then promises to stand down. Finn and Poe don't like this plan (they obviously don't trust Kylo), but Rey says its the only shot they have. Kylo and Rey head to the Death Star Ruins while the Resistance meets the FO head-on. Biggest battle in Star Wars yet. Space, air, ground, lightsabers, etc. Kylo and Rey put up a good fight against Palps, but they can't beat him. He reveals the truth: they, together, complete the force. They are the yin and yang, essentially. Kylo's bloodline was created of the darkness, and Rey was created from the light: while the Skywalkers were created by Sith experimentation into creating life, Rey was a reaction to this born of the light. That is why they together can open pathways. That's why Palps needed them together to escape. Together they are the beating heart of the Force.

Realizing this, they become in-tune and are finally able to overcome Palps and kill his host. However, this was always his plan. His essence then jumps into Kylo, who struggles to hold back Palps. He manages to hold him back for a while and tells Rey to kill him, but she can't bring herself to do it. Instead, she reaches out to him in the force and they are suddenly in a World Between Worlds looking place. Here, Anakin, Luke, and Han (and it's never made clear if it's really Han or just a vision) reach out to Ben and pull him to the light. We see spurts of his life: the good, the bad, his childhood, etc. Finally, Leia appears and embraces him, and we see a glimpse of her holding him as a child. She forgives him, and he is able to embrace the light and force Palpatine out. Palpatine is expelled and erased, and with him the Sith are gone forever.

During this, the Resistance seems to be losing at first, but the tide is turned when infighting begins in the FO. Hux leads an uprising against the new command, which gets him killed. However, this gives Finn the idea to appeal to the stormtroopers across the FO, inspiring them to stand against their oppressors. It's red storm troopers vs. white storm troopers, and eventually the resistance comes out on top. The Stormtroopers take control of the FO under Finn and stand down, ending the conflict. Rey knows Ben will not be forgiven easily, and helps him leave the planet on a small ship before returning to Resistance. She announces that Kylo Ren and the Sith are dead. Celebrations, yada yada.

We end on Ben now living in isolation on Tattooine, on the Lars homestead. It's a bit melancholy, but beautiful. He sits alone and watches the binary sunset, and for the first time in the trilogy, he smiles.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The new SW is gonna introduce us to a race of miniature giant space hamsters.

Luke isn't dead.

Snoke's evil twin shows up to seek revenge for him, tracking down both Rey and Kylo.

Boba Fett escapes the Sarlacc pit finally and through it's digestion that stretches the lives of whatever it eats he hasn't aged much at all compared to anyone else. He ends up getting entangled in the conflict with first order and ends up siding with Rey/Finn this time.

Darth Maul shows up and kills Rey/Finn/Snoke's twin/Luke and in the ends rules over the first order as a true sith with no one to challenge him.

OP
OP
Fluffernutter Pancake
Oct 25, 2017
Hooooo boy. I sat down to write some thoughts of how I thought it could go and got hella carried away. Oops!
A lot of this is quite bad as I was trying to fit it around some of what we know. I also didn't go into any of the knew characters, really. It's absolute fan fiction crap, but isn't that what we're here for?

This post will use a couple of supposed spoilers that I read recently (though most of these are my own ideas), so avoid this post if you are avoiding spoilers.

At the beginning of the film, Rey, Finn, Poe, Leia and the still tiny Resistance are on the jungle planet. However, they are in the possession of a large-scale weapon which the Rebellion had been testing near the end of the war. The Fist Order somehow finds out about this and attacks, catching the Resistance off-guard. Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewie and the droids will escape in the Falcon while Leia says a tearful goodbye--she is staying behind to use the weapon, which will slow the first order from our Heroes' trail. She gives them one last gift of hope: inside the Rebel base they were hiding in in the Tantive III, the ship which holds 3PO's wiped memories. She tells them to find an old separatist base, where they may be able to find a droid army. Because 3PO interfaced with a battle droid years ago, his memories may have the code to reactivating an army.

Leia dies in the confrontation, massively crippling the First Order fleet. Ben feels this and is devastated and angry. Over the past year since TLJ he has remained fairly confident as leader, but this is where the recognizable cracks begin to seep back in. Many high officers begin questioning his leadership, and a rift begins to form. In an unstable mental state, Kylo hears a dark voice from beyond. (Alleged spoiler part) He seeks out a force-sensitive creature known as the Oracle in order to make sense of the voice, who tells him how to find this voice: Rey. Kylo is conflicted about this after the events of TLJ, but he needs to know more about the presence.

Rey and Co. head to Lando, who now owns a large droid business. They ask for his expertise in droids and such. He says he knows of an old Separatist base on a desert planet Pasaana, but it is in heavily First-Order controlled territory. Land helps smuggle the team onto Pasaana and waits for their pickup instructions once they've completed the mission.

Kylo and the Knights of Ren arrive on Pasaana, looking for Rey. Hey sends the knights and some FO troopers after Poe, Finn, etc. while he seeks out Rey. Rey senses him coming and we get the opening scene from the trailer. Kylo's TIE crashes and he confronts her in the desert. The light saber fight is at first normal, but (Potential Spoiler) their force-connection strengthens again during the fight, causing them to flash around various locations of the galaxy as they fight. Their battle is intense and emotionally-charged. Each has a moment where they could finish the other but they pull back. Finally, they end in a strange, watery location that seems like the Death Star ruins, yet in another world. Here they both here the voice/presence which haunted Kylo before. There they see Palpatine, who has preserved his essence in a sort of limbo. They accidentally 'release' him back into the universe, where he (Potential Spoiler) posses Matt Smith, a dark side acolyte. Palatine needs a being steeped in the dark side to attach himself to. Matt Smith's acolyte is just a temporary vessel: he wants Kylo as his new body.

Meanwhile, Finn, Poe, and 3PO head to the old base, which is heavily worn down and decaying. 3PO is able to interface with the system, but the battle droids are badly deteriorated and non-functional. However, 3PO discovers a droid factory from the end of the war on a mountainous, snowy planet where the resistance could build a new droid army. They get the coordinates and leave to find Rey. Rey and Kylo have gone their separate ways: Rey to the meet-up point and Kylo back to the FO. They are both, however, shaken by what they saw and both are clearly afraid. The gang reunites and exchanges the information they have learned.

Kylo returns to the First Order outpost on Pasaana, where the fleet has reconvened. However, it is not a warm welcome as he is met with a hostile takeover by Richard E Grant's character and the KOR/sithtroopers. The KOR have sensed the return of Palpatine, whom they are loyal to. They had been grooming Kylo to be a good host for Palpatine. They attempt to take Kylo prisoner but he struggles and escapes. He reaches out to Rey and finds her.

Kylo proposes a truce with the Resistance gang, who are understandably uneasy. However, knowing the threat of Palpatine they know they need him, and they enter an uneasy alliance. Kylo says he recognized the ruins from Endor, and that he needs to confront Palpatine there. The resistance, however, needs to go to the droid factory. They call Lando who comes to get them, but it's a fight to escape and they narrowly get past the FO. They hop on over to the droid factory, where they are able to build a small droid army, but time is running out and they need to get to Endor which prevents them from creating a large army.

The First Order has rallied at Endor under the command of REG and the KOR, where they know Kylo and Rey will come to. The Resistance arrives with the droid army and Rey and Kylo in tow. There they meet a group of local scavengers who scavenge the wreckage. Rey makes quick friends with them and they join the cause. The plan is for the Resistance to hold off the FO long enough for Kylo and Rey to beat Palps, after which they can then reinstate Kylo to the FO who then promises to stand down. Finn and Poe don't like this plan (they obviously don't trust Kylo), but Rey says its the only shot they have. Kylo and Rey head to the Death Star Ruins while the Resistance meets the FO head-on. Biggest battle in Star Wars yet. Space, air, ground, lightsabers, etc. Kylo and Rey put up a good fight against Palps, but they can't beat him. He reveals the truth: they, together, complete the force. They are the yin and yang, essentially. Kylo's bloodline was created of the darkness, and Rey was created from the light: while the Skywalkers were created by Sith experimentation into creating life, Rey was a reaction to this born of the light. That is why they together can open pathways. That's why Palps needed them together to escape. Together they are the beating heart of the Force.

Realizing this, they become in-tune and are finally able to overcome Palps and kill his host. However, this was always his plan. His essence then jumps into Kylo, who struggles to hold back Palps. He manages to hold him back for a while and tells Rey to kill him, but she can't bring herself to do it. Instead, she reaches out to him in the force and they are suddenly in a World Between Worlds looking place. Here, Anakin, Luke, and Han (and it's never made clear if it's really Han or just a vision) reach out to Ben and pull him to the light. We see spurts of his life: the good, the bad, his childhood, etc. Finally, Leia appears and embraces him, and we see a glimpse of her holding him as a child. She forgives him, and he is able to embrace the light and force Palpatine out. Palpatine is expelled and erased, and with him the Sith are gone forever.

During this, the Resistance seems to be losing at first, but the tide is turned when infighting begins in the FO. Hux leads an uprising against the new command, which gets him killed. However, this gives Finn the idea to appeal to the stormtroopers across the FO, inspiring them to stand against their oppressors. It's red storm troopers vs. white storm troopers, and eventually the resistance comes out on top. The Stormtroopers take control of the FO under Finn and stand down, ending the conflict. Rey knows Ben will not be forgiven easily, and helps him leave the planet on a small ship before returning to Resistance. She announces that Kylo Ren and the Sith are dead. Celebrations, yada yada.

We end on Ben now living in isolation on Tattooine, on the Lars homestead. It's a bit melancholy, but beautiful. He sits alone and watches the binary sunset, and for the first time in the trilogy, he smiles.

There are some convoluted parts in here (no fault of your own, just b/c that is the way that this final act has been set up!), but there is some REALLY good stuff in here. These are my favorites:

Kylo and Rey put up a good fight against Palps, but they can't beat him. He reveals the truth: they, together, complete the force. They are the yin and yang, essentially. Kylo's bloodline was created of the darkness, and Rey was created from the light: while the Skywalkers were created by Sith experimentation into creating life, Rey was a reaction to this born of the light. That is why they together can open pathways. That's why Palps needed them together to escape. Together they are the beating heart of the Force.

Those two ideas are fantastic!!!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Keep Kylo as the bad guy, he made his choice, don't back out with a cheap redemption.

Rey has a few Force sensitive students, who joined the resistance, she is training them.

Resistance vs The First Order - massive space battle.

Rey and students vs The Knights of Ren.

Rey vs Kylo and Force Ghost Palpatine - Force Ghost Luke shows up to even the odds.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
There are some convoluted parts in here (no fault of your own, just b/c that is the way that this final act has been set up!), but there is some REALLY good stuff in here.

Oh yeah, it's hella convoluted. I was just writing to connect dots of ideas I had and none of them work together but damnit I tried.

I guess the basic ideas I have that I'd really love to see are:
-Leia died early in a heroic sacrifice which affects Ben the rest of the movie.
-Direct plot callback to the prequels (droids)
-Ben joins the team earlier than the 3rd act
-Palpatine manipulates Rey and Ben into 'releasing' him. But both of them are required together to do it.
-Ben's redemption isn't easy. He is still a culmination of his choices, the good and the bad. But light is ultimately a choice, one which he can still make.
-Leia and Ben get a moment.
-First Order power struggle.
-Finn leads stormtrooper uprising

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Palpatine is the main villain, Kylo and Rey team up to fight him, Kylo tragically dies and gets a big farewell that echoes Darth Vader's cremation in the RotJ ending. Rey will say something about despite his evil ways, Ben (specifically using the name Ben because he's Kylo no more) redeemed himself and will be remembered as a hero to the New New Republic.

Rey adopts the name Skywalker and starts training new Jedi.

Cue the internet outrage because that would be some serious bullshit.

Yub Nub 2.0 plays
This is the first post that just make so much sense, and it's exactly my thoughts tho i hope it's not because that would be so cliché

Nov 13, 2017

I shed a fucking tear reading this. That was AWESOME.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
After the climatic battle, Rey crashes on a planet. In the background, we see this guy:

tumblr_otm7m7dXRm1w8hpj6o1_1280.jpg

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Everyone expects Sheeve to show up after much hype, but it turns out to just be a Palpatine hologram. People are pissed.

Holo-Tine explains he manipulated the force to create Rey, much like he created Anakin. Force ghost Luke appears and says "Your my aunt, Rey."

Kylo is jelly. Kylo and Rey fight and kill each other, First Order realizes they were manipulated by the darkside, become less anal, and form the new republic as good guys. Jar Jar's son starts a Skywalker Jedi training school.

End Credits

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
If Kylo is redeemed in any way this trilogy was pointless throughout its very core.
Pretty much. He deserves a dog's death. Don't even let Rey kill him, have him taken out by a random object falling during a battle. He's a terrible character and basically ruins the movies. Boring, childish, bratty, etc.

SpookyLettuce

May 26, 2018

I really like this!

Honestly, there's so much cool story potential for redeemed Ben Solo (i.e. seeing him pilot his father's ship, or interacting with Rey, Chewie, Finn, Poe, Leia, Rose). I think it'd be a huge waste to just double down on him being some irredeemable monster that needs to be put down (because that's the kind of lovely, hopeful message Star Wars is known for, right?)

And it would be amazing to see Adam Driver pull off that redemption arc in all its angsty, cathartic glory.

Oct 27, 2017
How pissed would the internet be if Hayden came back for this one?

I really want there to be a scene where Kylo has some sort of force vision /trip where he gets to confront Vader and Anakin together.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I like you.

I like all of this.

OP
OP
Fluffernutter Pancake
Oct 25, 2017

This is the first crack at a plot summary that actually includes things that may just lead to a satisfying conclusion and gives me hope for the movie. Here's what really resonates with me:

-That Rey, being born from the Force as the light-side reaction to Palpatine & Plageuis's meddling with the Force to create the Skywalker bloodline, is the counterbalance to Kylo Ren, and that they embody the light & dark sides of the Force.

-It would be particularly interesting with this reveal that effectively the entire Skywalker bloodline is tainted with the Dark Side because they were born out of the Dark Side

- That if Palpatine is going to have a crack at being revived, through some devious transfer of essence, that it requires both Kylo and Rey together to open that pathway which only they are able to create together. It would justify their relationship and give meaning to their origins in terms of the overarching storyline.

- The ending with Ben on Tatooine, bringing everything full circle, in a beautiful yet bittersweet way. To date, I never thought about Episode IX ending at the Lars homestead, especially not with Ben Solo there. Now I REALLY want that and the glorious John Williams soundtrack that would accompany the scene.

Well done with the ideas!!! My interest gauge for Episode IX had been at about a 2 out of 10 but the ideas that you've put forward have elevated it to about 8 out of 10. I really hope that they do incorporate some of these ideas in one way or another.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Follow through on TLJ, don't redeem Kylo, end it on a solid emotional moment after the bad guy threat is defeated without getting tied up in "where did they all end up?"

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously I am so convinced I'd even do an avatar bet that Force Ghost Luke *and* Anakin appear to help in the big finale battle against Palpatine.

It's going to happen. That is how it all brought together. 3 generations of heroes from all 3 trilogies vs the ultimate big bad, Papa Palps.

Give me this and I'll watch it ten times in theaters

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luke Skywalker is going to be resurrected more powerful than ever before with new Jedi powers.

Everyone will be nearly.dead but he will arrive just in time with his lightsaber to cut down all the enemies, enough to leave a wall of bodies that must be climbed over.

Then he will find the Emperor and shout "this is for dad!" Before cutting his head. He then throws it at Ben Solo and says "you don't want to end up like this" which makes Ben cry and return to the light.

Then Rey comes up and asks to be his first apprentice but Luke smirks, winks and says "Don't get cocky kid" and the credits roll.

Deleted member 43514

Banned
May 16, 2018
I really hope they break down the binary good/evil sith/jedi though and create a new order where people are just force users with more ambiguous motivations.

They had two orders exactly like that in legends, one was called potentium made up of ex Jedi and didn't see dark or light but the intent behind the action and the force was a useful tool, no more or less. The other was the Imperial Knights that started by serving the Emperor but eventually followed the will of the force alone.