• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180426_5e.pdf
Page 2 on that notice (thanks kuroneko0509 for that).
He's essentially going back to Japan.

EDIT : he's not leaving Nintendo at all. He's moving from the presidency of Nintendo of Europe to a more global position at NCL, where he'll join the board of directors.
41a2223070.png

As of June 28, 2018:

Director, Senior Executive
Officer

Satoru Shibata

(General Manager, Marketing Division and
Licensing Division
In charge of Advertising Department, Global Marketing Department)

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty damn important to mention he's moving to a global marketing position. Your thread sounds more negative than it is

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like an upgrade though - guess he can influence more things inside of NCL now he knows what Europe customers/gamers expect from Nintendo. Could be good.

I hope so, will just miss his presence in EU Directs, although given Nintendo's recent format, we haven't had regional representatives in any for a little while.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Nooooo
I loved the guy... Even if I moved to the us and I'm getting their directs now. It was a pleasure to meet him, and I hope the new president of NoE will be as likeable :)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so, will just miss his presence in EU Directs, although given Nintendo's recent format, we haven't had regional representatives in any for a little while.
Yeah, the age of regional directs seems to beover...no region lock anymore and overall more universal directs means that he likely can do more for Nintendo in Japan.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy is one of the best things that happened to Nintendo Europe. He greenlighted a lot of localisations that NoA did not for instance.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he is bring back to NCL to help the new guy steer the ship? You will be missed Shibata.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Being the president of NoE was always just an annoying stepping stone to fullfill his real dream: To become the global face of Nintendo Direct.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wish him all the best at his new position!

His replacement better be able to pull off a good Yokai dance

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure going to miss him in the Directs, saying that hes not been in any for a while :(

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Sad to see him go. Always liked him.

All this change has maybe something to do with Steven Spielberg leaking Mario for Playstation VR.

The Nintendo and Sony merger at E3 gonna cause meltdowns.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So he got promoted and will move back to japan. He probably also has family in japan so its good for him i guess.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Always liked him and seemed like he did a did job. I wish him good on future endeavors.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
being a good president paid off. i was always jealous europe had him for the last 2 gens while we had the current crummy NoA leadership.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see him go. Always liked him.

All this change has maybe something to do with Steven Spielberg leaking Mario for Playstation VR.

The Nintendo and Sony merger at E3 gonna cause meltdowns.

Or maybe MS will buy Nintendo during their E3 press conference? Spencer will boot up MSs bank account and make an order for 100% of Nintendo shares: "boom done, deal with it Sony, we now own the best 1st party lineup in the industry!"

Guipradi

Nov 29, 2017
Ispagnia
I'm sure the next President will do a great job. Europe is a tough market to tackle being Sony the king of this area. And with all the different country regulations and wide terrain Europe has, transportation is tough. Many sub-subsidiaries for every country, it must be wild.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
They can hire me, to replaceh mi. I have no skills but then I can finally leak Pokémon info on Resetera.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on him for the promotion. Shibata was a wonderful representative for the European region. Loved his Nintendo Directs and the few times they posted pictures or videos of him, he seemed genuinely excited about his job and games.

Looks like last year's Christmas pic was the last one we got of him then :(

fUW1AZe.jpg

Let's not forget his Ace Attorney and Yo-kai Watch skits which are all legendary :D

Best of luck to him in Japan.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
End of an era goddamit

Went from getting games stupidly late, bad 60 hz conversions (if any) and a 50 hz Virtual Console to getting Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and other titles, and having a decent (Not perfect) Virtual Console.

Well, in the end he didn't bring over Captain Rainbow or Zangeki no Reginleiv, but he still did very good.

I'll miss him