• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Canada swayed the Thai government a bit. Also she seems to want to come to Canada which I am all for to stick it to the Saudis

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dutton's only doing this to save face after his fuck up last week, but I'm still thankful she won't get disappeared.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
So happy she is getting away, but sad she will probably have to look over her shoulder for the rest of her life.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
They shouldn't publicize where she gets asylum, give her anonymity, for safety.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, the Saudis will still probably find a way to get to her once everything settles down (pulling a Khashoggi or some shit like that).

But in the mean time, i'm glad for her and hope she'll be able to live her life peacefully.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
It's so fucking scary thinking with all other similar incidents that has not gained any kind of public attention, that probably ended with someone getting sent back. This happy conclusion is only because of pressure from humanitarian organisations and that governments shitty first decision got exposed to media. And frankly, it makes me fucking more sick then watching Trump trying to play human, to realise how unimportant a young girls life is valued.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Well, the Saudis will still probably find a way to get to her once everything settles down (pulling a Khashoggi or some shit like that).

But in the mean time, i'm glad for her and hope she'll be able to live her life peacefully.

Doubting she's going to be walking into any Saudi consulates TBH

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Keep in mind she's up against her Saudi family not the Saudi royals, and her family would very likely be unable to find her in a continent the size of Australia let alone send assassins.

Yes, but one could say that she caused "shame" to the country, wich some religious nutjobs living in Australia (or not) could want to "punish" her for bringing all of this into the spotlight.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope she can stay safe away from the saudi consulates given their track record.

Good to hear at least she's safe for now. Hopefully she'll be able to move on and live a happy and wonderful life. Her family and the Saudi Government are despicable.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Yes, but one could say that she caused "shame" to the country, wich some religious nutjobs living in Australia (or not) could want to "punish" her for bringing all of this into the spotlight.

I don't think Australian Muslims care about the shame of Saudi Arabia. They like living here they don't want to go around killing people.

Plus, they'd have to find her. Given Muslim Australians mainly live in particular parts of Sydney and Melbourne, it'd be very easy for her to just disappear into the millions of other people across the continent.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
She needs to cut all ties with the rest of her family. Do not let them visit or know where you are staying. I've seen plenty of stories of women killed by some crazy family member over leaving or refusing a marriage.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The packages are probably not related.

Let's hope Australia grants this request for al-Qunun.

But I wouldn't be too quick to give either Australia or Thailand a pat on the back as Thailand has detained (for 40 days!) an Australian-resident football player for possible extradition to Saudi's vassal island Bahrain where he'll face death or a lengthy incarceration for protesting against that regime:

https://amp.theguardian.com/austral...yal-over-detained-footballer-hakeem-al-araibi

Last edited:
That this woman was a refugee should have been obvious solely from the fact that the Saudi government was treating her like a fugitive from justice when she hadn't done anything other than travel from Kuwait.

Full credit to her for smartly raising a ruckus when they and their Thai pawns tried to strongarm her back home.

Oct 25, 2017
Something tells me this lady should stop posting on social media and go into a witness protection like program. She's such a massive target now. Her government isn't afraid to chop people up and dunk them in acid. Scary.

OP
OP
norwegiandude86
Feb 3, 2018
Good on you Canada here is a girl doing something very Canadian singing the national anthem at a Hockey Game.

Also get used to Hockey and hearing about Wayne Gretzky a lot Rahaf.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I am glad she's coming here and that we did an amazing job, part of me wishes they had not announced what country she was going to for her own safety.

Either way, we continue to be what the US should be.