• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
21946df5-afb8-4e98-aac0-605e1391e751.jpeg

Saudi Gamer website has made an interview with director Kazunori Kadoi and Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi during their tour in Dubai and it was full of interesting questions , I will make a summary of some of the questions ( I know arabic so this is my translation of some interesting questions in the article )

- The Interviewer asked them about their opinion on the 28% Demo completion percentage and whether it is a difficulty issue or it is because players took their time in exploring , They answered that they believe that players have different styles and approaching when playing this game and this is one of the great thing about Resident Evil series

- She asked them about the average length to complete each campaign and said that From those who they saw playing the game and taking into consideration the times they will die and restart , they can estimate their average to be 10 hours per campaign

- She asked them about Easter eggs in the game that caters to core fans of the series and is it newcomer friendly , They answered that of course there will be easter eggs in the game that only the core fans will understand and that includes some easter eggs from RE7 ! , they also said that newcomers dont have to worry if they didn't understand those easter eggs as they aren't major part of RE2 story and can still enjoy the story as intended

- She asked them about whether there is any plans for Post launch DLC , They said that there is still some time before the game's launch and the team is still discussing the idea of a Post launch DLC and they advised fans to look forward to Capcom Official news outlets for any DLC announcement

For the Full interview and full Questions and Answers , Visit this link ( It is in Arabic so you may need translation if you can't read the language , Google Translation is fairly good in this one IMO )

https://saudigamer.com/resident-evi...tor-kadoi-producer-hirabayashi-in-dubai-2019/

Last edited:

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I can translate this + isn't that the average time of most RE games? Correct me if I'm wrong

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ah shame, 15 hours each would have been just about ideal.
I would say that would be a pretty far stretch considering most people could probably beat the original stories in sub 5 hours each. You were even encouraged to do sub 3 hours to get the outfits / thompson.

Edit: Maybe it wasn't the thompson I just remember you got something for speedrunning the game. Might have been infinite ammo weapons.

Last edited:

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot!

Hoping Joe Baker is a playable character in the supposed Rogue mode. Punching zombies to death would be awesome.

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
mh, i don't remember much of the first time i played re2 and i will probably play it very slowly, so it will take me longer i guess.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
10 hours or however long this game really is, is it that big of a deal these games have a ton of replay value.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ok, those 10 hours per campaign sound about right to me compared to the old game. Wrapped up Resident Evil 2 on the PC about two weeks ago and it took me 12 hours each for Leon/Claire's campaigns. That's after not having played it after a couple of years too. Im all for it.

iliketopaint_93

Use of alt account
Sep 3, 2018
How ARE they going to make the campaigns unique and have continuity considering you need to solve certain puzzles to progress any further? Half the puzzles solved by Leon, the other half by Claire?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
i can see 10 hours if you really take your time and on hard. On hard and taking my time, it took me 10-12 hours to beat the first REmake

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I kinda wish they were a bit shorter. I thought RE7 massively outstayed its welcome in the final few hours. 6-8 hours would've been perfect.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
10 hours for each character is a decently long time. Second playthrough also has different enemies and Mr.X so it'll add up more than 10 naturally. This is a good length.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Will probably take longer for my since there's puzzles and I suck at puzzles and I dont have patience for puzzles.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Sounds perfect, I'm more interested in the DLC of the game though. What would they add, besides say a Mercenary mode?

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Good lenght on paper.
More important to know is how well it's paced and how intense this 10 hours are going to be.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
We know the plot already and how the game develops. It's a remake of a pretty known game.
Everything these days have to be bloated.
I honestly don't feel like they're expecting people who've played the original game to actually take 10 hours on this. I mean if the demo is anything to go by you can still speed through the game if you know where to go. My only attempt at speedrunning it was 3:38. Lets be real if they came out and said 5 hours instead of 10 people would just start flaming them.