• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect length for resident evil games. These games have high replay value too. Can't wait.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
4244.jpg
OK, there are exceptions :)

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Is it really fair to call RE2 a remake?

if anything, judging from the demo I think it's a reimagining.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Is it really fair to call RE2 a remake?

if anything, judging from the demo I think it's a reimagining.

That's what Capcom were calling it around E3 and I prefer to call it a reimagining too.
It's just remake has less letters and syllables when being written and spoken I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
So wait, Leon and Claire still have seperate campaigns, but the A and B stuff is gone? That's pretty lame, I was hoping that since they dropped the A B stuff that it would be a single campaign.
We're not going to have a consistent canon version of the story, are we?
It's two characters through the same campaign. Just different halves of the same campaign, different than something like Jill and Chris in RE1. It's one canon.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. No bloat, all greatness.

Very much looking forward to this now. Gonna be a great time

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, Leon and Claire still have seperate campaigns, but the A and B stuff is gone? That's pretty lame, I was hoping that since they dropped the A B stuff that it would be a single campaign.
That's always been the case for the first 3 games.

I fear REmake 3 will also leave things open ended with Nicholai.

Some Clarification to the length point
OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
There is something worth mentioning regarding the campaign's length , I didnt think it was important but on second look I guess it has some meaning , the complete answer is this " From those who I saw play the game and taking into consideration the times they will die and restart , I can estimate their average to be 10 hours per campaign " , So for this sentence I don't know if the 10 hours thing is the time at the completion screen ( where there is a possibility that the counter resets to the latest typewriter save when reloading after dying , but I am not sure they are still doing this ) or it is the actual time you spend in the game

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone says there's no A/B, but haven't we seen both Claire and Leon in the same cutscenes, like talking to Marvin?

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm I remember the general consensus being that RE7 was around ten hours too, and I finished that in seven. If REmake 2 is similar, 14 hours is fantastic for a horror game. 15 hours is pretty much the sweet spot imo. Then again, horror is probably the genre where I'm most forgiving in regards to amount of content. You can do a lot in a short amount of time.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember there is Hunk and Tofu on top of this. Seems a really good length and lots of content.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds perfect

I usually replay the RE games 20+ times in the end so the lenght wouldn't ever be a problem anyway lol

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

How is it not? It is one single story playing from 2 different perspective.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
Could you adjust the topic header? I was trying to avoid knowing how long this was, as another site was posting it earlier, and I intentionally didn't click the link.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Everyone says there's no A/B, but haven't we seen both Claire and Leon in the same cutscenes, like talking to Marvin?

Yeah, I'm wondering if whoever you play first gets that cutscene and then if you play the other character after with the save file, it gives a B scenario. Maybe it doesn't work exactly the same as the original version, but for the story to make sense, they both can't have the same cutscenes without an A/B scenario.

Leon A/B and Claire A/B were in the files found in the data mine done from the PC version, so it's possible they are keeping it quiet, although it's no guarantee, but there has been footage of Leon and Claire fight the same boss and have the same cutscenes, so something isn't quite right, unless they just altered things for trailers.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Game lenght looks like perfect. 20h for both campaing is great value! Also considering it will be fun to do multiple runs.

Oct 30, 2017

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if one of the RE7 nods is

The zombie that looks like it's wearing the same clothes as Jack.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Based on how long it takes to beat the original I'm concerned that 10 hours per campaign is too much. I really don't want this to be yet another modern "immersive cinematic experience." RE2 is paced perfectly and I really hope they didn't turn the remake into a bloated, padded mess to cater to those with the false notion that playtime = value.

Hard pass on DLC.

TheRedLotus

Nov 5, 2017
Perfect length. I'm tired of all those artificially bloated games nowadays.

A part of what made the old RE games special, is that you could replay them in a single afternoon, yet still have a blast due to how well-designed and tightly paced everything was.

I still have nightmares over how unnecessarily long RE6 was, as they were just throwing poorly designed maps and scenarios just for the sake of "Here guys! See how much content there is in this game?". Hell, even RE4 felt longer than necessary, with the island section feeling like an afterthought. Let's not forget RE7's mine section as well.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be taking my sweet ass time with both campaigns on the best difficulty.

Just hope there isn't a ridiculous iron man mode achievement in this one too

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
Can somebody explain how the two character campaigns work please ?

Is it the exact same game just with different characters (i.e 10 hours long but slightly different game play for each charature like move speed etc) or does each character have a different story with different levels ? (I.e the game is 20hours long for full play through)

Is this how the original was structured?

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
With cutscene skipping on the gamecube, you can probably complete a single campaign on the original game within an hour. There's not that much content outside of the R.P.D. I'm sure people already know the answer to this, but since I've more or less stayed in the dark, I'm hoping there's a 1.5 reminiscent factory area.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Can somebody explain how the two character campaigns work please ?

Is it the exact same game just with different characters (i.e 10 hours long but slightly different game play for each charature like move speed etc) or does each character have a different story with different levels ? (I.e the game is 20hours long for full play through)

Is this how the original was structured?
Yes

They have their own story and side-characters, and a few intersections with each other

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
10 hours per campaign is very good, it'll probably be more for me because of the obsession to read everything and "clear" every room. :)