• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, don't acknowledge assholes who go with that "q slur" bullshit. They're almost always biphobic and usually pretty TERFy. There's nothing wrong with the word queer to describe the umbrella identity that both bisexual and lesbian women fall under. We're all queer women. If those gatekeeping assholes don't want to join the party, they aren't wanted anyway.

I actually saw the musical and thought Alyssa might be bi or pan pretty easily. Didn't know she was meant to be established as a lesbian.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ugh, don't acknowledge assholes who go with that "q slur" bullshit. They're almost always biphobic and usually pretty TERFy. There's nothing wrong with the word queer to describe the umbrella identity that both bisexual and lesbian women fall under. We're all queer women. If those gatekeeping assholes don't want to join the party, they aren't wanted anyway.

I actually saw the musical and thought Alyssa might be bi or pan pretty easily. Didn't know she was meant to be established as a lesbian.
I was mainly after the Sandura Mitchell quote, not the tweet that Saundra replied to.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I was mainly after the Sandura Mitchell quote, not the tweet that Saundra replied to.

Yeah, I meant that more for her than you.

It's always a mistake to engage with that discourse because it's usually so disingenuous. I'm a lesbian and I've been called lesbophobic for saying that queer is a valid identity for people who choose to self-identify that way. All those "wow, I can't believe you're erasing lesbian identity from existence" level of hyperbolic outraged responses she's getting in return are A Lot.