• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Playstation is king of consoles and has made Nintendo irrelevant for the mainstream/casual gaming audience.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
It would be best for everybody if we just used PC:s for gaming, for devs and consumers.

It's not that hard to post actual uncontroversial position, that's easy to defend with rational reasoning.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
It would be best for everybody if we just used PC:s for gaming, for devs and consumers.

It's not that hard to post actual uncontroversial position, that's easy to explain with rational reasoning.
Rationality or simple explanations and controversy are not mutually exclusive. In fact, controversy can pretty much ignore logic, remember that somehow vaccinations are controversial nowadays in some places.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
The old Snake Raiden switcheroo didnt quite work and the Tanker episode with Snake remains the best part of MGS2

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DmC is one of the best games in the DMC series, people who find this controversial are just too attached to the games that came before thus their judgment is impaired and untrustworthy.

Mortal Kombat 11 looks better than any other fighting game this generation so far, even with the fierce competition of great looking games like GG, DBFZ and SFV.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
snake eater is a top 10 game

*whoever said that story gameplay thing tho...wrong. I dont give a flying f about story as long as the games fun to play. I feel like most ppl r the same.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Easy:

"There is no such thing as an uncontroversial gaming opinion".

Even some of the supposedly commonly accepted opinions have a lot of detractors.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The idea of Nintendo being "irrelevant to the mainstream gaming audience" is not an uncontroversial opinion, seeing how it's straight up contradicted by reality and market performance of Switch and it's games.
Playstation dominating console gaming and making nintendo almost irrelevant for casuals/mainstream gamers isn't controversial imo. Nintendo has a big fanbase but that's it, I don't see Switch beating a Playstation console anyday even though it sells well now.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The Final Fantasy brand is damaged and I don't think SE realise how much.
my completely casual opinion is that FF 15 was the biggest one...and that ppl liked it.

i know nothing about FF.....but thats my perception as someone on outside looking in. It seemed to get the most mass appeal AAA kind of attention that i dont recall other jrpgs getting. And the like 1 or 2 ppl i know that have it liked it.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Playstation dominating console gaming and making nintendo almost irrelevant for casuals/mainstream gamers isn't controversial imo. Nintendo has a big fanbase but that's it, I don't see Switch beating a Playstation console anyday even though it sells well now.
You can't be irrelevant to the mainstream audience when your consoles's sale trajectory is on par with 100m seller systems and your games sell crazy gangbusters.

You don't achieve that without the mainstream audience, as simple as that.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Resident Evil 6 is the best Resident Evil game. It's also possibly, the only good RE game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my completely casual opinion is that FF 15 was the biggest one...and that ppl liked it.

i know nothing about FF.....but thats my perception as someone on outside looking in. It seemed to get the most mass appeal AAA kind of attention that i dont recall other jrpgs getting. And the like 1 or 2 ppl i know that have it liked it.
I like XV as well. My statement was based on the fact that SE get attacked for pretty much anything. Maybe it's just on Era.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I feel like people don't understand what "uncontroversial" means.

Bungie halo have the best modern shooter (not arena style etc)campaigns.

Halo 1 had some of the worst level design I've ever seen. There were areas where they literally just copied and pasted the same sections over and over, to the point where they had to put giant glowing arrows on the ground so you wouldn't get lost.

Dragon Age Origins is the best RPG of all time. And I'm saying this as primarily JRPG player.

As a primarily CRPG player, I can tell that your opinion is highly controversial.

Resident Evil 6 is the best Resident Evil game. It's also possibly, the only good RE game.

I think you misread the thread title.

It's not that hard to post actual uncontroversial position, that's easy to defend with rational reasoning.

You'd be surprised. Objectively speaking (i.e. in regards to objective and quantifiable metrics), PC is the best platform and Switch is the worst. Yet there are people who will swear that Switch is the best platform to play any game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Breath of the Wild has set a new bar for open-world games.

In a world with games like RDR2 and Witcher 3, I really doubt this is as uncontroversial as you think. Something like this, though:

Breath of the Wild is a very good game.

100% uncontroversial.

I thought this was a common opinion? I don't really interact with the RE community that much.

The RE4 fanboys are a very loud, very small minority