• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Having an opinion about a game that you like or not, whether that's in contrast to ad populum or not, is not fucking controversial or a hot take.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like OP must have known it was just going to be a people throwing out controversial gaming opinions as bait. That much was clear from RE4 making his short list of best games though, to be honest.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo are the best at their craft, i don't think a lot of people disagree with that

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo continues to shoot themselves in the foot each day that they dont announce Mario Strikers 3. Mario Strikers Charged was a fantastic sequel that launched alongside Nintendo's console online system in some territories. It's a fucking crime that it's been 11, going on 12, years and still nothing.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
tenor.gif

Gameplay and story are intertwined

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if there's anything I could say that wouldn't be controversial to someone lol

Mario Galaxy... was good... I guess... >.>

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Well the game ranked 30th in ERA essential RPG list so I don't think it's that controversial >.<

The older cRPG like Planescape Torment are simply too heavy for me and newer cRPG like Divinity Original Sin fails at making me invested at the world :(

You said Dragon Age Origins is the greatest RPG of all time, not one of the best. That's a pretty big (and controversial) difference. :P Most CRPG fans would choose Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape Torment or Fallout 2 as GOAT.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Most of my opinions are uncontroversial; I'm the epitome of average, boring, critic-aligning opinions. My top 3 games are Breath of the Wild, Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Undertale is awesome; so is FTL and Into the Breach. I'm currently playing the hell out of Smash Bros Ultimate.

Bloodborne and BoTW are the best games this gen, easily.

My man. Let's be boring anti-hipsters together.

Edit: What the hell is up with people being utterly incapable of reading thread titles?

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
EA needs to massively change up their sports formula. One big game with yearly roster updates would be a whole lot better.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Civilization is a beloved series that has introduced vast number of mechanics to the entire industry. Sid Meier is a truly worthy hall of famer.

Also, Sierra and Lucas Arts BOTH made fantastic games.

oberjin

Oct 31, 2017
Spider-man 2018 is the most average game of last year with puzzles from another century ...

pipe.png

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since this thread has gone exactly as expected i will contribute.

RE4 is still the best RE game
BOTW is the best 3D Zelda game and the best open world game.
DK64 is trash
RDR2 is boring as fuck to play.
Paper Mario Sticker Star and Color Splash are terrible games
The Wii U (Splatoon and Mario Maker aside) was a dumpster fire of a console
MGS4 is the worst mainline MGS game.
Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are perfect games.
DmC was bad when it released and it's bad now. It's "good" only if you never played DMC1,DMC3 and DMC4 or other games in this genre.
RE6 is abysmal.
Demon's Souls Dark Soul's and Bloodborne are some of the best games ever made.
The Witcher 3 has bad gameplay.
Super Mario 64 is the best game on the N64.

Last edited:

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
The SNES was a good console.
There are good games on the Game Boy Color.
Video games are pretty cool when you think about it.

More seriously : this era is a fantastic era when you're into video games. Gaming has never been more accessible, more developped, more fun. I'm 30 years old and even in my wildest dreams as a kid I would never have hoped of such an amazing time.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the most important and influential games of the last six years are The Last of Us, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Resident Evil 4 is top 5 games of all time.
You literally started with a controversial opinion tho, lmao. Try "Resident Evil 4 is a great game".

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's long overdue for a Advance Wars comeback. The world needs this series.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
Radiant historia perfect chronology on 3ds has a much better artstyle than the original, which was ugly and looked amateurish.

Edit: I can't read. Thought thread was for controversial opinions.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay is the most important thing in a game

Which is why it's not controversial to say rockstar games are poop tier

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't hold much regard for people that blame developers for corporate publishing decisions and defend publishers for their own problematic decisions that negatively impact their products.

I think the industry would be in a better place if others did the same.