• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely Cinder from Killer Instinct. Having anyone from that game would be amazing though because it'd mean getting their music in Smash.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Another SF rep.

b313ae0338e22ea27d4fb581f2182e2a.jpg

Y'all saying Moral Kombat do realize that the series legit does not exist in Japan, right?
They most likely don't. Or if they do, they don't think it matters.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Mortal Kombat absolutely deserves a spot on the roster (take your pick who but Sub-Z or Scorpion are most likely), but given Japan's supposed aversion to the game, Heihachi from Tekken is most likely getting in.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
The obvious choice is Namco, since its popular in Japan/America, so Sophitia would be cool .

The MK/DC crossover was lame because of the toned down violence, so I wouldn't like to see a Rated E version of Scorpion.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Who I would truly want? Scorpion
But I know that might be a problem due to being banned in Japan.

Nightmare
Would be my next choice, but, I wouldn't want him in strictly because of Namco already having a rep.

So, my true option would be Sol Badguy
I feel he's the next logical step for another fighting game character.
MK isn't banned in Japan.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the fighting game posterboys I think Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue has the coolest moveset. So my vote goes to him.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Fulgore from Killer Instinct has the Nintendo cred with the original KI selling over 3 million copies on the SNES and being one of Nintendo's best selling games on the system. He was also a frequent mascot for Nintendo in the 90s just like Banjo & Kazooie were.

Fulgore is also a villain to contrast Ryu, Ken, and Terry. Him being an evil cyborg is also a far cry from other robots on the roster like Mega Man and R.O.B. Fulgore fights with a unique set of tools including claws, laser beams, and stealth camouflage as opposed to being a regular martial artist.

giphy.gif

Killer Instinct would provide unique additions to the fighting game representation in Smash with things like combo breakers and ultra combos. The roster of the series ranges from a werewolf to an ice alien, a man made of fire, a dinosaur, and a pirate skeleton just to name a few. This would make for very inventive spirit battles. Plus getting Robin Beanland and Mick Gordon to do remixes in Smash of the amazing series music is too good an opportunity to pass up.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Doom Marine.

Read more to find out why. You won't BELIEVE the answer.

There is an actual, honest to God history with Nintendo, and I'm not just talking about SNES and N64 Doom games.

John (and Adrian?) Carmack basically wanted to work with Nintendo but got turned down. They made their own working version of Mario 3 all by themselves and showed it to Nintendo. Nintendo wasn't interested. This had a major effect on ID/basically the gaming industry.

Then you can bring up SNES and N64 Doom, every game in the series (cept PS Doom) now being on Switch, the next entry in the series releasing this year, and Doom being a major force in the gaming industry.

The correct answer is the Doom Marine.

He's one of my top choices, though not my number 1. He absolutely makes sense though and I'd flip out if it happened.

(Personally my top choices are Goemon, Double Dragon, Contra, Ghouls n Ghosts, and Ninja Gaiden)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Are Siegfried and Nightmare the same person? (I last played SCIV, my lore is rusty.) I wonder if they could make it a two-in-one character with a transformation gimmick, like how Zelda and Sheik originally transformed.

Kind of. Initially, Siegfried got possessed by Soul Edge and turned into Nightmare. Then he broke free from Soul Edge's influence and Nightmare reformed as a separate entity that's basically just Soul Edge's own spirit using Siegfried's fighting style as a baseline.

You COULD do a transformation gimmick but it would honestly be easier to just go the echo fighter route. After Soul Calibur purged the darkness from him Sieg never really looked back.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Any anime fighter character. Give me crazy anime fighter movesets. Sol Badguy, Ragna the Bloodedge, Heart Aino, Hyde Kido. Basically any ArcSys rep lol

Alternatively, Nightmare would be very cool and stand out against the rest of the roster.