• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts's overall plot seems complicated because it's a collection of a ton of different stories which all relate to each other in some way. It seems really intimidating if you're looking at a summary of the series as a whole. However, those individual stories are all pretty simple. A 12 year old child could understand the majority of it with no real issue. It's the sheer amount of story that makes it seem much more complex than it actually is.

Ogre

Mar 26, 2018
I've always thought part of the appeal of Kingdom Hearts is that the overarching story is bananas, filled with insanely esoteric horseshit.*

*I really do say this with affection

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing about this is that Nomura once said the following:

There still hasn't been a payoff for this information either lmao.

Might as well be this

its-magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit2.jpg

KH3 should really be called KH5.

The whole Chain of Memories debacle was one of the stupidest decisions of the series, why they relegated such an important story to a gameboy game for so many years is baffling.

CoM is the real KH2 and KH2 should be KH3, DDD should be called KH4. And of course BBS should KH0.

It's a problem they've had in general. Moving all of their so-called important stories across different consoles as if people were going to shell out the money for another console + its respective KH game. In addition to the confusing story, breaking it off to various consoles also didn't help (thank god for the collection).

Oct 25, 2017
The story isn't confusing if you actually play the games, but for some reason people seem to think that's too high a barrier.

Nov 4, 2017
I cant even tell you the proper order of the games to play because the games even have confusing sequel (prequel?) Titles.
I think if you picked up the 3 HD collections and played all the stuff there you would end up playing everything that matters in release order. Maybe I'm wrong with the stuff that just recap movies, but 1.5 has KH1 and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories which bridges 1 and 2, then KH2.5 has KH2 and Birth by sleep which did come out after KH2, even though it's a prequel. Then Kh2.8 has KH DREAM DRIP DISTANCE which I think takes place pretty recently and some stuff that will lead into 3. Always play stuff in order of release when it comes to big storied series. Those original DS games I don't care about and they aren't made into recap movies on ghost collections. Idk if they matter or not. But those collections other than also being awkwardly named, still allow you to play the series in release order.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
I learned from era when i made my KH story explained thread that, if you think you understand kingdom hearts...you don't lol. They are right.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're not even trying now, it's just a name.

I was just joking, but yeah it sure is one heck of a name...But seriously, that summary doesn't really push any story. It barely holds any narrative value.

connects all life called Kingdom Hearts in order to achieve infinite power.

power for what? why? for what purpose?

He is struck down by various groups of anime teenagers and Disney characters

why?

but he always manages to escape or scheme in some way to prolong his ambitions. He'll try again later, but he is always undone by the strength of good people believing in their friends.

WHY? What ambitions? To be strong? What is the point? Having friends is cool? I feel like KH has the writing nuance of a Curious George Disney TV animated short when you untangle all the convoluted junk...and I still want to know how it all ends. Dammit, Nomura.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
The point has always been with the caveat "If you've played the games". I rarely find something confusing after consuming it. The general synopsis of most things are easy to convey without the minute details which is where things get confusing.

I find LOST confusing because all my friends talked about it but I never fully got into it and that's similar to how a lot of information on KH is digested by people who don't play the games. I find Black Mirror episodes confusing UNTIL I get to the end. I find David Lynch stuff confusing until I sit down and think about it unless information is intentionally left out and outcomes are vague which is just nice for the imagination.

That's honestly what I miss the most about KH is the small period of time after KHI where the possibilities were infinite. Now, KHIII has to tie up all these plot threads and I generally know what I'm going into.
I mean the whole point of confusion is that people can work through it. Math/Science is the most straightforward logical thing ever yet people are confused by it through various part. David Lynch movies are not confusing because you had to untangle the information, that's confusion. Whether or not that's a good or bad thing isn't really the topic.

As someone who can parse KH pretty easily and is no stranger to all manner of mindfuck plots, I can say that one of the most confusing stories I've come across was a visual novel called MYTH. There's a certain point in the story where my mind broke down and I had the faintest idea of what was really going on.

I'm going to have to look at this. Sounds fun.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
But that's the thing, people love the absurdity of Metal Gear, it's mocked on ocassion, but rarely despised for it in comparison to KH. The military aspect of it probably making it more approachable is all I can think of.

While I agree that both are up there in terms of absurdity, I feel like MGS has a more better written straight forward approach. The gameplay/setting probably does make it more approachable.

I always found it crazy that they decided to go with such a complex story when most of the Disney stuff has always been pretty simplistic. It's like they just kept adding stuff and retconing things from the original KH. Not even FF story arcs gets that ridiculous.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once again I'll say I don't think KH is that confusing if you actually play the games.

Of course I'm that guy who actually got Chain of Memories(great game if flawed) which is apparently an oddity, so what do I know.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I was just joking, but yeah it sure is one heck of a name...But seriously, that summary doesn't really push any story. It barely holds any narrative value.
Boy I sure roped myself into this one. You asked for an elevator pitch of the whole series so that's what I came up with. It's a series of complete stories with threads tying them together so I had to be more general.

power for what? why? for what purpose?
Simply raw power. He seeks to recreate the universe to have complete balance between light and darkness, believing that there is currently too much light.

Because it's a basic story of light vs darkness, good vs bad. The characters don't want to lose their worlds nor the worlds of all the friends they made along the way to the darkness.

WHY? What ambitions? To be strong? What is the point? Having friends is cool? I feel like KH has the writing nuance of a Curious George Disney TV animated short when you untangle all the convoluted junk...and I still want to know how it all ends. Dammit, Nomura.
Ambitions, see above. Having friends is absolutely cool. This is absolutely a kid's story, so yes, the motives aren't exactly nuanced. The convoluted junk are the sights you see along the road to the end and that's why it's so fun.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MGS is convoluted but more interesting, it's themes about war, child soldiers,etc can be interesting and you know, war and that stuff are real things. KH story is just so out of touch with reality, it's just blah blah ligh bla blah darkness without saying anything meaningful, the themes are very shallow and the story is basically about nothing, the only think you can get from it is "fri3ndship"

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe if you boil it down to the bone it's not the worst, but with the way they choose to handle, well... literally everything beyond that, it's a hot mess.

Like, you play one of the games it's easy enough to follow that Sora is a nice guy trying to stop the baddies and holler at his girl and also save his friend who's of dubious alignment, but once you pop open the hood and look into all the bits and bobs making this shit drive you see what a mess it is. In most stories when you need a new character to do something you just doodle up a fella and give him some kind of goal or reason to be there, in KH if they need a new character to do something they introduce someone who's actually the Heartless of the clone of the person who was later reincarnated into Sora, who was the childhood friend of Aqua's mother's neighbor who went to college with Xehanort's Nobody who went back in time to give Mickey the heart of the first princess.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once again I'll say I don't think KH is that confusing if you actually play the games.

Of course I'm that guy who actually got Chain of Memories(great game if flawed) which is apparently an oddity, so what do I know.

Underrated game tbh. The battle system is pretty darn fun.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
What makes Kingdom Hearts story so dumb is not that they do weird stuff but that Nomura has to quadruple down on them like its some joke.

Cant wait for 20 more versions of Sora and Xenahort in 3.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
When your game has 8 versions of your main characters.... (sora, not sora, kairi sora, puppet sora, not not sora, sora not sora, data sora, dream sora)

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Fun fact: Sora could have potentially quadruple wielded keyblades. If Roxas and Xion grew their own hearts(well we don't know if Roxas didn't grow a heart, he probably did) and obtained their own keyblades before getting absorbed into Sora he could use 4 of the fuckers at the same time.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Resetera is biased against jrpg, funny how dragon quest xi has the same traffic in the general than Spiderman.

Xenoblade chronicles 2 and Kingdom hearts 3 are already the most discussed games here and kh3 isn't even out.

With other words at least kingdom hearts story has people attention unlike other games here.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it kicks off in the later games, but I'm playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 right now and this shit is for babies. Very disappointing considering all I've heard about this game for like a decade is how intricate the plot is.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe it kicks off in the later games, but I'm playing through Kingdom Hearts 1 right now and this shit is for babies. Very disappointing considering all I've heard about this game for like a decade is how intricate the plot is.
KH1 is very self contained and very much for babies, there weren't exactly planned sequels at this point yet. But it also goes to show how crazy exaggerated people are about it. The crazy fun intricacy starts pretty immediately after it though

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
KH1 is very self contained and very much for babies, there weren't exactly planned sequels at this point yet. But it also goes to show how crazy exaggerated people are about it. The crazy fun intricacy starts pretty immediately after it though

Righteous, that's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks amigo.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Another series whose storyline was run into the ground by an obsessive focus on lore. The first three games (KH1, CoM, KHII) tell an actually pretty compelling story. Chain of Memories is especially impressive, given that it's a GBA game. The bizarre existential terror of having your memories slowly replaced? That's not what you'd expect from a Kingdom Hearts spinoff for the Gameboy Advance. And then KH2 keeps up the themes with some Matrix shit that serves as a pretty compelling metaphor for growing up.

But from 358/2 on, with the increasing need to explain absolutely everything, I think the series lots it's way.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
I have all of the PS4 collections they released and I can't even go through the beach scene tutorial. Its so damn boring and clunky and after watching videogamedonkeys story video (and hearing how complicated the story is, not helped one bit by the convoluted naming scheme of the game and the content), I feel that I will never play anything except KH3.

Oct 27, 2017
Here's how simple Kingdom Hearts story is:

Heartless heartless nobodies darkness heartless friendship darkness light heart heartless darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship heartless heartless nobodies darkness heartless friendship darkness light heart heartless darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship heartless heartless nobodies darkness heartless friendship darkness light heart heartless darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship heartless friendship darkness light heart heartless darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship heartless heartless nobodies darkness heartless friendship darkness light heart heartless darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship heartlessHeartless heartless nobodies darkness heartless friendship darkness light heart heartless darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship heartless heartless nobodies darkness heartless friendship darkness light heart heartless darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship darkness darkness nobodies darkness light light ice cream friendship heartless heartless nobodies darkness heartless friendship

Sorry you unimaginative and unwashed masses don't understand the breadth of Nomura's genius. It's all in the subtext.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It's not quite as confusing as it's made up to be, but it is extremely long winded and full of pointless details, most of which are super dumb.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I played most games except for the 33343/ whatever days because it only had cutscenes in the collection... and I don't know much about the plot. When something is confusing or convoluted, I tend to forget about it easily.

what anime or manga has a story as convolutes as KH? Tsubasa Chronicles?

I watched one season of TC and then stopped caring. I kinda wanna go back and watch it to the end(assuming it's actually finished)

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
One only needs to look at Dunkeys video to see how confusing and stupid the whole story is to KH. Guarantee that'll be the main criticism of the third game from reviews and also my main beef with this series.

Games are more cinematic and narrative driven now than they were 15 years ago so people aren't gonna fall for that shit today.

If a game is trying to tell a story today with those kinds of graphics and technology you can guarantee the story will be more criticised too as a result. I mean look at the disastrous story of FFXV when it launched and how much backlash it receives even today for it. Yet FFX was much more grounded and focused and complete had a start beginning and end and stuck to it. Fantastic story as a result. Nothing was missing or overly complicated. You don't have to make a really convoluted complicated mess of a story to make it good. And it should be self contained. But the story creators of KH don't seem to think so.

Also to all the people who say to play BBS and DDS before KH3, well it's not gonna do any good. The story will be still very confusing. It's that convoluted. It's so far up it's own ass it's impossible to understand. And this is coming from someone who understood all the Metal Gear storyline.

After seeing that Dunkey video, I'm more confused than ever - I've played the first two games but was gonna start the others before 3 but no fucking thanks. It's definately not gonna enrich my overall experience with 3. The story is just a mess. Multiple characters of the same character (which I didn't even know because it was just glossed over in KH2 apparently lol) im not gonna try to remember a crappy dumb confusing story from 15 years ago that spans tons of games just so i can play KH3...the story is too dumb to care for.

There's multiple versions of good and bad of the same character on top of everything else just to name a few problems none of this I knew about even back then or now. Because it was poorly told or explained. There's stuff in the games even if you play them you can miss as it's all just glossed over and mentioned briefly so without watching a video you wouldn't even know it happened even if you played it. That's why it's a waste of time to play them for the story. I don't find enjoyment from a game's story by watching hours of fucking videos explaining it. That basically means the game failed to tell a story.

Without piecing it together on a timeline and what happened in each one taking hours to process and digest (which you will probably forget about too as you'll have aged 15 years between all the games) no one is gonna have a clue and whose gonna bother doing that? The story isn't good enough to spend hours on trying to understand. Most of it is just a load of nonsense for an excuse to go into the worlds, like a lot of videogame stories.

You might have spent hours trying to understand it trying to figure it out but for how long? I sure as shit don't remember most videogame stories that transcend 15 years worth of games. I mean sure I might figure out these stories now if I read up and caught up on these games but even by the time 3 hits in a few months I will have forgotten most of the details as there's that much convoluted crap in each game.

Basically what I'm trying to say is the story isn't even that fucking good for you to care about. It just gets in the way of the gameplay because the story is utter crap but the gameplay is good.

You shouldn't have to resort to videos, play every game in a series, spend hours researching, having to play each game that is across different platforms to enjoy a story. Forcing you to play all games before you can pick up the latest one for the short time you're even gonna care for the story before you forget it all for the 4th game in another 5-10 years because it's gonna be nonsensical anyway you won't remeber it between all these bloody games. It's stupid.

Good games gameplay wise though but the story is one of the worst in videogames.

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
It's really not.

One of Xehanort's incarnations went back in time so he could collect all the various vessels he'd established throughout the series' history and assemble them in one place.

That's it.

One of the "rules" for going back in time is kind of weird (you have to lose your body to do it), but when KH2 defines the difference between Heartless and Nobodies it explains that Heartless don't have bodies. Given that, it makes sense that the antagonist of KH1 was the one to go back in time, since he's the incarnation of Xehanort that's a Heartless and therefore lost his body.

I don't think there's anything else you need to be able to take away to "get" the time travel.

I've read this post like three times and still don't understand it.

"KH is extremely confusing and that's why it has a bad story" is just short-hand for how much people dislike the series' story but put in a form of criticism that seems more objective. There are many more issues with the story than the confusion.

-Sora is an extremely unlikable character in KH2.

-KH thinks it's very deep but has nothing whatsoever to say. KH has the same major flaw of Star Wars in never defining what "Light" and "Darkness" actually are, but KH basically is navel gazing most of the time. There is no insight or even coherence in the series' rambling about Light and Darkness and the series seems to have no idea what it would even define as Light or Darkness or what that would mean but it keeps talking about those things incessantly.

-The Disney story sequences are robbed of joy in KH2 and are just horrible because Sora is often just along for the ride with his story and the Disney characters story having nothing to do with each other. Square puts together a very low production value (with poor dialog and really bad directing) version of a Disney movie and then shoves together a story about Sora chasing the Heartless. Sora leaves most of the Disney worlds having gained no knowledge or insight about life and is the same going out as he is coming in. Meanwhile, Sora has no impact on the Disney story, making the plot boring because we know what's going to happen and making you feel like the random hanger on in the Disney story that you are.

-There are way way way way too many cutscenes.

-All the clones do legitimately get confusing to keep track of at times (I was baffled when Replica/Data Riku showed up, wondering why Riku got young again in the trailer) but they're also just lame and boring. A villain that is just Sora or Xehanort but a clone is incredibly uninteresting at this point.

-The forward momentum in the plot often doesn't occur within Disney stories, making plot progression feel extremely slow and making the Disney worlds feel like filler when they should be most of the point.

I only take issue with this small part of your second point, SW does explain the difference between the "Light Side" and the "Dark Side," to an extent. The Light Side is essentially about the the natural order of things, it's fueled by traits and emotions such as selflessness, serenity, and innocent curiosity. As Yoda states, you know the Light Side when you are "calm, at peace...a Jedi uses The Force for knowledge and defense, ever to attack." On the other hand, the Dark Side is about selfishness and all its accompanying traits and emotions such as anger, aggression, possessiveness, quests for immortality, etc.

The real problem lies in the whole, "there must be balance" which the TLJ sort of muddled further. We're told there should be balance between the two forces, but we're never told a straight up answer as to what does balance mean? Does that mean the Dark Side needs to exist? What exactly is the Dark Side then, is it a natural occurrence or a corruption of The Force caused by man's selfish use of The Force? Before it appeared the latter was the case, but TLJ makes it seem as though the Dark Side is a natural element found in nature, particularly violence and death. And thus, it must exist in order for balance to be achieved.

Like, why are baby Porgs being killed by naturally rising tides part of the Dark Side? I don't know. So, essentially we know what the two Sides entail, what fuels them, we just don't know what inherently causes them to exist in the first place.

Last edited:

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Kingdom Hearts' storytelling works best if you don't worry about the details and how it all connects. The protagonists are as confused about this stuff as the player is. Letting it all just wash over you and not thinking too much about it works rather well. The characters just roll with it because power of friendship and believing dattebayo, and you should too.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's far more disingenuous that KH fans can't possibly fathom how someone could find the story confusing.
It shouldn't take too much stretching to look at KHs story and go "yeah I could totally see how someone may be confused by this".

MGS is one of my favorite series, it's also a series that is told is a more straight forward way than KH, and I can still admit that there are aspects of the lore and story that could be confusing.

Why can't you folks just admit that your series is anime nonsense?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's far more disingenuous that KH fans can't possibly fathom how someone could find the story confusing.
It shouldn't take too much stretching to look at KHs story and go "yeah I could totally see how someone may be confused by this".

MGS is one of my favorite series, it's also a series that is told is a more straight forward way than KH, and I can still admit that there are aspects of the lore and story that could be confusing.

I'll hapily say the series can be confusing if you haven't played all the games.

If you have I really don't think it's that bad aside from maybe Union X. I haven't gotten to far in that so I don't know how much sense it'll make later.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind people saying they find the story confusing. But then you get people that say shit like "I had no idea what was going on in KH1" and you know they just swallowed the meme whole.

BUT I also find it incredibly dumb to complain that a longstanding series requires you to actually play most of its games to understand what's going on. It's like starting at the last 50 pages of a book, or skipping the first 10 steps of a tutorial and complaining that you're confused.

If you played the series or even watched a real story summary and find the story dumb that's fine and probably true.
If you just heard about it in memes or watched one of the million joke summaries, maybe you aren't in the best position to judge it.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I (re)played them all back to back this summer. It's really not that difficult.
People that say otherwise simply haven't played all games.
That's like watching a New Hope and Return of the Jedi without Empire Strikes Back and complaining that it doesn't make sense.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Kingdom Hearts' storytelling works best if you don't worry about the details and how it all connects. The protagonists are as confused about this stuff as the player is. Letting it all just wash over you and not thinking too much about it works rather well. The characters just roll with it because power of friendship and believing dattebayo, and you should too.

Agreed. If you just follow the characters and their individual stories, the storytelling is just fine.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I know people who can't even keep track of what's happening in a Star Wars trilogy and have to be reminded of what happened in the last film before they see the next in theaters. Kingdom Hearts is a little more intricate than that.

As fans of video games we need to step outside of our bubbles and realize that just because we've invested time into something we adore and enjoy learning all the intricacies of a story, others may not. They may find it confusing to the point where they give up on it and there's really nothing wrong with that. If you aren't having fun, what's the point? So people find Kingdom Hearts confusing... seems like there are enough people saying that's the case that surely they can't all just be wrong can they?

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I also want to add to the discussion that a lot of stuff happening in KH especially with the character connections
are just simple allegories.They don't matter so much in the over plot imo.
I mean I get so frustrated when I see posts asking how many Soras or Rikus are there in a picture.
It gives me the impression that there is a group of people who just wants to post memes or funny
videos just of the sake of it.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
One only needs to look at Dunkeys video to see how confusing and stupid the whole story is to KH. Guarantee that'll be the main criticism of the third game from reviews and also my main beef with this series.

Games are more cinematic and narrative driven now than they were 15 years ago so people aren't gonna fall for that shit today.

If a game is trying to tell a story today with those kinds of graphics and technology you can guarantee the story will be more criticised too as a result. I mean look at the disastrous story of FFXV when it launched and how much backlash it receives even today for it. Yet FFX was much more grounded and focused and complete had a start beginning and end and stuck to it. Fantastic story as a result. Nothing was missing or overly complicated. You don't have to make a really convoluted complicated mess of a story to make it good. And it should be self contained. But the story creators of KH don't seem to think so.

Also to all the people who say to play BBS and DDS before KH3, well it's not gonna do any good. The story will be still very confusing. It's that convoluted. It's so far up it's own ass it's impossible to understand. And this is coming from someone who understood all the Metal Gear storyline.

After seeing that Dunkey video, I'm more confused than ever - I've played the first two games but was gonna start the others before 3 but no fucking thanks. It's definately not gonna enrich my overall experience with 3. The story is just a mess. Multiple characters of the same character (which I didn't even know because it was just glossed over in KH2 apparently lol) im not gonna try to remember a crappy dumb confusing story from 15 years ago that spans tons of games just so i can play KH3...the story is too dumb to care for.

There's multiple versions of good and bad of the same character on top of everything else just to name a few problems none of this I knew about even back then or now. Because it was poorly told or explained. There's stuff in the games even if you play them you can miss as it's all just glossed over and mentioned briefly so without watching a video you wouldn't even know it happened even if you played it. That's why it's a waste of time to play them for the story. I don't find enjoyment from a game's story by watching hours of fucking videos explaining it. That basically means the game failed to tell a story.

Without piecing it together on a timeline and what happened in each one taking hours to process and digest (which you will probably forget about too as you'll have aged 15 years between all the games) no one is gonna have a clue and whose gonna bother doing that? The story isn't good enough to spend hours on trying to understand. Most of it is just a load of nonsense for an excuse to go into the worlds, like a lot of videogame stories.

You might have spent hours trying to understand it trying to figure it out but for how long? I sure as shit don't remember most videogame stories that transcend 15 years worth of games. I mean sure I might figure out these stories now if I read up and caught up on these games but even by the time 3 hits in a few months I will have forgotten most of the details as there's that much convoluted crap in each game.

Basically what I'm trying to say is the story isn't even that fucking good for you to care about. It just gets in the way of the gameplay because the story is utter crap but the gameplay is good.

You shouldn't have to resort to videos, play every game in a series, spend hours researching, having to play each game that is across different platforms to enjoy a story. Forcing you to play all games before you can pick up the latest one for the short time you're even gonna care for the story before you forget it all for the 4th game in another 5-10 years because it's gonna be nonsensical anyway you won't remeber it between all these bloody games. It's stupid.

Good games gameplay wise though but the story is one of the worst in videogames.
Maybe don't take a satirical video so seriously as to make it the entire point of your thesis? You wouldn't say "ignore everything else and just enjoy the latest entry" about most things unless it has little to no story like CoD so it seems weird to make that argument unless you're someone who has no interest in stories in general. KHIII will probably try to catch you up anyways, Sora doesn't even know half of what's going on.

We do admit it's anime nonsense, we make fun of it all the time. We're just saying that the game is actually for babies and that the story is easy to follow if you actually play them. It's a straightforward good vs bad story with a lot of Proper Nouns thrown in. It's an old franchise by now, story progression has been made. It's like going "there's so much going on in One Piece now, I'm not going to bother reading the 15 years of stories to catch up because I want to see the newest cool fight" Not to say KH's story is as good as One Piece, it's just old like it. KH is stupid but it's sincere and that's why we like it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I'll only accept that headline in the context of "Kingdom Hearts' story isn't confusing, it's just awful."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

n most stories when you need a new character to do something you just doodle up a fella and give him some kind of goal or reason to be there, in KH if they need a new character to do something they introduce someone who's actually the Heartless of the clone of the person who was later reincarnated into Sora, who was the childhood friend of Aqua's mother's neighbor who went to college with Xehanort's Nobody who went back in time to give Mickey the heart of the first princess.
This is fucking hilarious because it's not even inaccurate.