• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
The early iOS Simogo games are fantastic. They were part of the fantastic (albeit very brief) golden age of mobile games.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so happy for these guys, i've been a fan of their games since their first ios games and to see them getting a console game published by annapurna is really amazing.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
LET'S RIDE!

giphy.gif

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
My impression at PAX East earlier this year was that it was...too easy? But such a joy to watch, so maybe it won't matter. It was hard to tell where I was at in the arc of the game, but by "too easy" I mean I started to feel disconnected from the gameplay because it was asking so little of me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
reminder that it's 60fps, native res 720p/1080p on switch. hopefully it's native 4K on ps4 pro, it would look amazing.

edit: omg!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
My impression at PAX East earlier this year was that it was...too easy? But such a joy to watch, so maybe it won't matter. It was hard to tell where I was at in the arc of the game, but by "too easy" I mean I started to feel disconnected from the gameplay because it was asking so little of me.

I got to play their demo at Gamescom, and I feel similarly about it.
I didn't really get into the gameplay, but I'll give it the benefit of doubt - at Gamescom they left the indie game stations mostly unattended, so you could play as long as you wanted and as much as the game allowed. I played the first 4 levels, and felt some sort of progression, while not really a challenge yet. I could see the game building up more challenge in later levels, it would be great to read reviews clarifying how many levels there are.
I stopped at level 4, because I am a polite person, and a nice Korean gentleman was queueing behind me.

Hope the game delivers, it's a looker for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, 2019, specifically September 2019 really has to chillout with all these games. It's a goddamned onslaught of appealing games. I only have so much time and I'm drawn to damn near most of them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
to people worried about this coming in a busy period, it should be a relatively short game. basically an album's worth of music you play to. of course like a good album it's gonna take a few listens to appreciate it but i wouldn't be worried about this game taking time from the many other games coming out in september.

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
Been looking forward to it since it was first announced. Will definitely make time for it this month.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Been looking forward to this since Simogo teased it before it was even announced, a few years ago. Can't WAIT

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Terrible date. Too many games, and Blasphemous just came out as well... Why everything is releasing on Sept????

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I played this at PAX West a few weeks ago and it was incredible.

I can't wait to pick it up!