• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Improvements to draw distance, visibility and LOD:

[SystemSettings]
r.ScreenPercentage=125-200 ; resolution scale, game default = 100
r.Filter.SizeScale=2 ; double sample count for bloom/DoF, game default = 1
r.LightFunctionQuality=3 ; use highest light function quality, game default = 1
r.Streaming.MipBias=-3 ; always use best mips, default = 0
r.MipMapLodBias=-3 ; always use best mips, default = 0
r.SSS.HalfRes=0 ; use full resolution for SSS, default = 1
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=2 ; increase emitter (fog/smoke) spawn rate, default = 1
r.ViewDistanceScale=2 ; makes viewable & LOD distance of objects 3x, less pop-in of things, game default = 1
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.3 ; increase static mesh LOD distances, lower = larger distance. game default = 1
foliage.LODDistanceScale=5 ; increase grass LOD distance, not much perf impact. game default = 1
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2 ; increase character LOD distances. game default = 0
r.MinScreenRadiusForLights=0.015 ; game culls lights based on their size on the screen, lower the culling size so that more lights can stay onscreen. game default = 0.03

steamcommunity.com

About Scarlet Nexus Graphic Quality Tuning :: SCARLET NEXUS General Discussions

Does anyone have any suggestions for the Scarlet Nexus UE4 settings? I have added the settings below, then change graphical settings to High/Medium/Medium. it seems better than before. C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ScarletNexus\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0...

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm so conflicted on whether to buy this or not. Cyberpunk anime sounds great to me, but playing through twice with a lot of similarities sounds like it could get boring and while I didn't hate Astral Chain's combat, I did find it unwieldy abs not super fun.

But now that I'm no getting Mario Golf I could afford this no problem I just can't tell how much I'll like it. I watched the Easy Allies review and it nearly sold me on it…

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017

[SystemSettings]

foliage.LODDistanceScale=5 ; increase grass LOD distance, not much perf impact. game default = 1

steamcommunity.com

Does anyone have any suggestions for the Scarlet Nexus UE4 settings? I have added the settings below, then change graphical settings to High/Medium/Medium. it seems better than before. C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ScarletNexus\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0...

Shouldn't there be a '.r' infront of the foliage line there? Or is that one different from everything else? Gonna try this out.

Caution on this line: r.ScreenPercentage=125-200 ; resolution scale, game default = 100 - This is if you play on lower resolution than 4K. It's upscaling for lower resolutions so if you already play at 4K this line is most likely very redundant/overkill.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so conflicted on whether to buy this or not. Cyberpunk anime sounds great to me, but playing through twice with a lot of similarities sounds like it could get boring and while I didn't hate Astral Chain's combat, I did find it unwieldy abs not super fun.

But now that I'm no getting Mario Golf I could afford this no problem I just can't tell how much I'll like it. I watched the Easy Allies review and it nearly sold me on it…

I hear ya, game wasn't on my radar at all until I saw those rumors of the game launching on Game Pass. It does seem like an interesting game but I have no idea with all the repetition that I'm hearing about i'd be enjoying it for a long time.

Skavi

Feb 13, 2018
I played the demo and had a nice enough time, but standing around waiting for SAS abilities felt very awkward, like I was doing something wrong. Is there anything I can do to prolong their time or speed up the recovery?

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
For those who played a bit more, how's the story? Is it good or more "shonen chosen one" affair?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
For those who played a bit more, how's the story? Is it good or more "shonen chosen one" affair?
I am playing female MC, and over 10 hours in I am enjoying the story. It's quite anime, but not really what I expected before going into this game. A lot of "wtf is going on?" which is the type of stuff I love.

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
I am playing female MC, and over 10 hours in I am enjoying the story. It's quite anime, but not really what I expected before going into this game. A lot of "wtf is going on?" which is the type of stuff I love.
Awesome! Will try to pick it up to PC as soon as I save some cash. Combat seems pretty awesome from the videos, but my main concern was the story being standard shonen fare. Just having a female MC points to a better story already.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

I too expected to get Mario Golf over this, but ended up here after reviews helped sway me.

I didn't spend much time with Astral Chain, but the combat here has been a real highlight. I'm still early in, not too deep beyond where the demo ended(which is way more mechanically dense than what the full game starts you with). but the game does give a lot of breathing room to get accustomed to the mechanics and dishes new stuff at you at a steady pace so you can get comfortable, at least what I have seen so far in a few hours.

Everything outside of combat has been ok but rather unoriginal. The story is pretty typical anime fluff. Militaristic cadet school of wunderkinds that use special gifts to fight mysterious monsters. I'm sure it goes deep into nonsense territory, but a lot of focus is on building your relationships which also in turn improves your combat prowess with those party members.

I am really digging it, particularly because its so fun to hurl garbage at enemies and tap into special powers on cooldown while doing melee combos. Some encounters have silly environmental attacks that can be used as well which are a highlight. I look forward to diving in deep this weekend.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I played the demo and had a nice enough time, but standing around waiting for SAS abilities felt very awkward, like I was doing something wrong. Is there anything I can do to prolong their time or speed up the recovery?

There are skills that speed it up and improving your link with characters speeds it up. Not a lot of waiting around once you start progressing those things

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to get this, but I have a feeling it won't be for me. I actively hated Astral Chain, I pretty much hate-beat it because I bought it digitally. This sounds like a step up in almost every way, but it doesn't sound like it will solve the core problem of repetition that I had with that game. I think I'll grab it on sale.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
You're supposed to turn them off when you're finished using them. They really shouldn't be running out completely.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Waiting around?
Wait, did you never turn them off? You turn them off when not using them. They are always back up for the next fight, easily.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Are people not receiving the Brain Punk bundle if they bought the deluxe edition? On steam it says it's supposed to be a part of it but my copy doesn't have it.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
GANajcx.jpg

I have shadows. This is maxed out.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Played for a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying it. Games feels like a marriage of Astral Chain and Persona, which is a pretty good mix.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I too expected to get Mario Golf over this, but ended up here after reviews helped sway me.

I didn't spend much time with Astral Chain, but the combat here has been a real highlight. I'm still early in, not too deep beyond where the demo ended(which is way more mechanically dense than what the full game starts you with). but the game does give a lot of breathing room to get accustomed to the mechanics and dishes new stuff at you at a steady pace so you can get comfortable, at least what I have seen so far in a few hours.

Everything outside of combat has been ok but rather unoriginal. The story is pretty typical anime fluff. Militaristic cadet school of wunderkinds that use special gifts to fight mysterious monsters. I'm sure it goes deep into nonsense territory, but a lot of focus is on building your relationships which also in turn improves your combat prowess with those party members.

I am really digging it, particularly because its so fun to hurl garbage at enemies and tap into special powers on cooldown while doing melee combos. Some encounters have silly environmental attacks that can be used as well which are a highlight. I look forward to diving in deep this weekend.

Man it sounds good I may crack and buy it tonight lol. Thanks for the impressions. Game really looks good to me so I should just get it.

Assuming it's basically the same on PS5 vs XSX, I'll probably pick it up on Xbox.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought because the PS5 version was $50 on Amazon. I hope there isn't a bunch of stopping for cutscenes or slow walking in the middle of gameplay because that has become a sort of pet peeve of mine. FF7R is particularly bad about it.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020

[SystemSettings]
r.ScreenPercentage=125-200 ; resolution scale, game default = 100
r.Filter.SizeScale=2 ; double sample count for bloom/DoF, game default = 1
r.LightFunctionQuality=3 ; use highest light function quality, game default = 1
r.Streaming.MipBias=-3 ; always use best mips, default = 0
r.MipMapLodBias=-3 ; always use best mips, default = 0
r.SSS.HalfRes=0 ; use full resolution for SSS, default = 1
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=2 ; increase emitter (fog/smoke) spawn rate, default = 1
r.ViewDistanceScale=2 ; makes viewable & LOD distance of objects 3x, less pop-in of things, game default = 1
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.3 ; increase static mesh LOD distances, lower = larger distance. game default = 1
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2 ; increase character LOD distances. game default = 0
r.MinScreenRadiusForLights=0.015 ; game culls lights based on their size on the screen, lower the culling size so that more lights can stay onscreen. game default = 0.03

steamcommunity.com

Tried this and it did lower my performance a little bit. Especially the resolution scaling one. I suggest leaving that at 100 or maybe 110 max if you're trying to play at 144 hz.

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Is there a possibility to show sidequests?

I am afraid of missing them out because they don't show up as icon on the big map? I run around the whole city after every chapter/phase.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
This game was $10 cheaper on PS5 than the Xbox version at target with the online app. No idea why that would be, but I picked it up on ps5 due to it.

Oct 27, 2017
Purchased it for the PS5. Love the combat, feels good and smooth. Running it on a 4k 120 hz monitor: acer nitro xv282k kv (game caps at 60). Story seems generic so far (only 3.5 hours in, lot of that has been afk time as I'm working). Will report back tonight when I'm off work and can really dive in.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Boy the story sure goes wild up pretty fast. Hopefully the payoff will be good.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
A shame the Game Pass rumor ultimately turned out to be incorrect. Looking forward to trying this, but will wait until a price drop I think as I'm currently in the middle of playing Judgment. Glad that the reviews are pretty solid!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This art style reminds me so much of Gravity Rush. Are any of the same people involved?

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
What should you do with materials? Should I be upgrading the weapons to +1 or do you just get better weapons in other ways?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Got no shadows either, maxed out + modified Engine.ini to max it out even further.

YzF8V1U.jpg

Earlier screenshot, before I modified Engine.ini, same thing:

TtATar0.jpg

Edit: Seems like they disappear after a cutscene, they come back after reloading a save.

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
around phase 4 I assume? Shit got wild real quick!

Yuuup.

The more I play the more I like it, the psychokinesis stuff is really well made, being able to chuck all kinds of shit into an enemy is awesome. But the highlights are without a shadow of a doubt special environmental takedowns, the goddamn bus on a highway takes the cake so far, made me smile from ear to ear.