AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The other day, the gf and I were watching The Bernie Mac Show on streaming. I hadn't watched the show since it aired way back then, so I had forgotten nearly everything about it (I'm also way older and in a much better position to enjoy the show, btw). It's pretty good and I recommend it to everyone.

Anyways. Early on in the first season, there's an episode about the flu going around. There is even a scene where they show the virus getting passed around from person to person, and my lord does that scene hit differently now lol. Check it out:

I haven't had any anxiety issues while watching films or TV showing lots of people in cramped spaces, like a lot of others have had since COVID has been a thing. But that scene came the closest to giving me such a moment lol.

EDIT: the embed doesn't work. I had timestamped it to 2:25. That's where it starts.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Not just a scene, but a whole movie. Panic In The Streets is a contract-tracing noir from 1950. There is a surreal fascination in seeing now-familiar notions framed through a noir lens: contract tracing, quarantine, skeptical bureaucracy, preventing panic taking precedence over public safety, a less-than-helpful public. Elia Kazan's doctor-hero noir was probably unique even in its day, but it definitely gains new relevance in the COVID era.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Any type of scene involving large crowds of people not social distancing indoors triggers me.