Scheduled Maintenance - Major Server Upgrade: Saturday 11pm GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Hello everyone! We're pleased to report that the initial returns after our funding update are looking promising enough that we're now going ahead with a major server upgrade. This overhaul will allow us to scale our hosting dynamically to respond to spikes in traffic, without need for downtime to do so.

What this means in practical terms is that when an event like E3 is in full swing or some big news drops out of nowhere, we will be able to adjust our hosting to meet demand and prevent the servers from becoming overloaded. There have been a few times already in the short life of the site when our current hosting (powerful though it is) has been pushed to the brink, resulting in slowdowns and errors.

This update should position us well against such challenges in the future. Maintenance will begin at 3PM PST / 6PM EST / 11PM GMT. As the migration is no small undertaking, we expect this process to take up to five hours. Your patience is appreciated.

We'd like to thank everyone who whitelisted us or subscribed for ad removal; your support makes this possible!

Maintenance Begins

Maintenance Ends

Notes

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely appreciated, so thank you to the admins as well as to everyone who contributed to the site. I'm glad you're addressing this potential issue ahead of time before any major blackouts happen. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news, evidently the community loves this place and is thus showing their support via ads and subscriptions, so it's pleasing to hear the site's moving onwards and upwards.

This also serves as a reminder that I need to sub soon! I'm a mere ad viewing peasant at the moment, but I will be subbing soon.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Okay everybody, you know what this means. We have to try extra hard to take down ResetEra during E3. If people can actually post then we haven't done our jobs as Resettlers.

Oct 25, 2017

If only I have the skills to mod it with the resetera logo ^_^

Thanks for the continued maintenance/support of this awesome site :thumbup:

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not seeing any ads on Safari and I don't have an ad blocking extension installed so I'm not really sure how to whitelist the site. Any ideas?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not seeing any ads on Safari and I don't have an ad blocking extension installed so I'm not really sure how to whitelist the site. Any ideas?
It seems somewhat sporadic at the moment. For example, right now I see ads for Grubhub and Vimeo, but sometimes I'll refresh the page and there won't be ads at all. This update might take care of that.

Jan 26, 2018
Right as my account gets approved, I THINK you're going down for work. Turns out I can't read a clock right today, but the post reminded me to disable Adblock. Here here!

Oct 25, 2017
Love that you are doing this, the site is growing, I love it, but um.... I'll lose access to the MHW thread for 5 hours and that complicates comunication for several of us who are dealing with this game just released. Not sure if the timing is right.

Oct 25, 2017
Love that you are doing this, the site is growing, I love it, but um.... I'll lose access to the MHW thread for 5 hours and that complicates comunication for several of us who are dealing with this game just released. Not sure if the timing is right.
discord

Status
Not open for further replies.