• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

New York businesswoman Scherie Murray announced Wednesday that she is running for Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's congressional seat in 2020. In a series of tweets announcing her candidacy, Murray, who immigrated to New York from Jamaica when she was 9, said Ocasio-Cortez was more "worried about being famous" than representing her constituents.

"There's a crisis in Queens and it's called AOC," the Republican said, referring to Ocasio-Cortez by her initials. She said the freshman Democrat "seeks celebrity & publicity" and "thinks public service is not about serving the public, but herself."

Murray said she had experience building bridges "between constituents in our community and the elected officials that represent them, between different nationalities and races, and between political parties." She said Ocasio-Cortez instead favored conflict and criticized her for her role in driving Amazon to abandon its plans to build a second headquarters in New York.

Oct 25, 2017
Does this lady have any chance? I assume immigrants won't vote for her cause she's Republican and Republican's won't vote for her cause she's an immigrant

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
She had a better chance to primary her as a Democrat than run against her as a Republican.

Rs will probably pour a shit ton of money into this campaign though.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
That's democracy, but I'm trying to figure out what kind of modern republican would be excited about voting for an immigrant woman trying to "build bridges between different races and nationalities."

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Jamaican immigrant running on the republican ticket after the entire party defended a white nationalist president

Wow.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
She's not wrong about AOC, in my opinion. I doubt she has a shot at winning but that was a good ad.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Me nah with this.

Is it just my anecdotal experience or do a lot of Jamaicans tend to lean conservative?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Shoutouts too all of the Firstname Lastname 0 activity definitely-not-bot youtube accounts commenting on the video.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Dead in the water. An immigrant Republican when their shit party is blatantly racist. What a fool.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Does this lady have any chance? I assume immigrants won't vote for her cause she's Republican and Republican's won't vote for her cause she's an immigrant
Republicans would vote for her just because she has an R next to her name and because they can use a vote for her as an absolvement of their racism. Not saying she has a chance though.

Feb 18, 2018
Is there any truth to her claim that AOC is neglecting her constituents? Seems like she's had universal acclaim with almost everybody besides Republ-

Oh...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Murray made an unsuccessful run in a special election for a New York Assembly seat in 2015, losing by more than 85%. She lost by a similar margin in a 2013 bid for New York City Council.

Q7c9Tw0.png

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She said the freshman Democrat "seeks celebrity & publicity" and "thinks public service is not about serving the public, but herself."

What a dreadful take. Not like I'm surprised that a Republican is making things up that have no basis in reality, but criticism that you can't back up isn't the best strategy for a fresh face trying to make a splash.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
"There's a crisis in Queens and it's called AOC," the Republican said, referring to Ocasio-Cortez by her initials. She said the freshman Democrat "seeks celebrity & publicity" and "thinks public service is not about serving the public, but herself."

Considering she has Zero chance, this seems like classic republican projectionism.