• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I don't understand your logic.

Why does she, as a freshman Congresswoman, need to expand her caucus when we're talking about her specific district? Her constituents will judge her based on her benefit towards her specific district. I don't know what that has to do with expanding her caucus.

That's the local part of her job, the national part of her work is in congress itself - it's why AOC's there. To provide change on a large scale. Can't do any of that with 4 people. It's why she's spent so much time and effort on the Green New Deal. I don't think it matters in this election, however.

AOC is great

centrist primary challengers won't take her out

a fucking republican running for a seat in NYC sure as fuck won't take her out

question is when aoc is ready to run for prez

They could but that'd require immense resources and a willingness from leadership (both nationally and in NYC) to take the gloves off. It'd be very difficult, and much harder than when she ran against Crowley.

What's funny is that with this statement alone this Murray has put up more of a fight than Anthony Pappas, that's how low the effort from the GOP was in that district. lol

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck? Being famous for actively giving a shit doesn't equal only giving a shit about being famous.

That's probably what she wants though. Projecting her jealousy.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why do you like her other than she openly shits on Trump and the Democratic leadership.

What's she actually accomplished?

Personally, I think AOC is the future, but this whole piling on people who have healthy scepticism is pure hypocrisy.
In what way was that poster's replies in this thread "healthy skepticism"?

I didn't give any opinion about a freshman rep. Why would you assume I like her any more than other new reps who are 6 months into their term?

Why do y'all care about some random internet dudes explanation on why they don't like somrone?
The poster said that the challenger is "not wrong" about AOC. I was wondering if the poster could elaborate. Why are you crying about that?

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
She's not wrong about AOC, in my opinion. I doubt she has a shot at winning but that was a good ad.
It comes off as too fake. If she was being truthful, she would understand the stance that AOC has taken, and she would understand what the GOP stands for. If she was being truthful, she would not be taking selfies with Trump. It is totally fake. Hopefully the people in that district are smart enough to see through it.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I mean... good luck, lol.

Stuff like this should just be ignored. AOC's only real threat will be redistricting.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
"There's a crisis in Queens and it's called AOC," the Republican said, referring to Ocasio-Cortez by her initials. She said the freshman Democrat "seeks celebrity & publicity" and "thinks public service is not about serving the public, but herself."

Murray said she had experience building bridges "between constituents in our community and the elected officials that represent them, between different nationalities and races, and between political parties." She said Ocasio-Cortez instead favored conflict and criticized her for her role in driving Amazon to abandon its plans to build a second headquarters in New York.

Has she talked to her boss? I don't think he got the message. lol

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Trump made racist comments against 4 congress women.
Ah yes, I've just been reading through this and the fallout threads. There's even a colbert vid that jumped out at my recommendation lol. So it was this after all...yeah, kinda curious what she thought of being told to go back to Jamaica by her own party.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine being a black Republican in 2019.
e1OHRCH.gif

lmao

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... No.

Any woman, immigrant and/or POC who's down to align themselves with the GOP is gonna get an eternal side-eye from me...

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I read your post then saw this segment. Compare the young black dude at 30sec mark with the older black woman at 2:20sec where she calls him out. 😬

This guy saying he is afraid of the far-left and their thoughts on the border and then proceeding to be alright with Trump riling up his base (far right, racists, etc). Fucking hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I read your post then saw this segment. Compare the young black dude at 30sec mark with the older black woman at 2:20sec where she calls him out. 😬

Imagine him thinking he ever had a place beyond "be grateful" and "my black friend".

Mans got on TV and admitted being willing to sell out everyone else so long as he got some crumbs from the table for himself.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's her right to run if she wants to, and if she can gather enough support, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want AOC to be in it for the long haul. She, her progressive ideals, and her peers are the future.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
She said the freshman Democrat "seeks celebrity & publicity" and "thinks public service is not about serving the public, but herself."

Meanwhile her Republican colleagues are busy fucking over the poor and giving generous tax breaks to the rich.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017

This is anecdotal evidence but, a large number of Jamaican immigrants are currently upset with Democrats and AOC for their support of gay and trans rights. It's pushing many Caribbean immigrants to the right when it comes to those issues. In a sense they've been redpilled since the 2015 Supreme Court decision.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is anecdotal evidence but, a large number of Jamaican immigrants are currently upset with Democrats and AOC for their support of gay and trans rights. It's pushing many Caribbean immigrants to the right when it comes to those issues. In a sense they've been redpilled since the 2015 Supreme Court decision.
Really sad to hear. The historical global dominance of Catholicism is really messing with us in the long run.