• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
understandeable given the polace and the fact that it actually kinda looks like a crosshair

It does look like a crosshair. Maybe that's why the cross is off center.
if i remember correctly is to symbolize " 4 different people allenjoying the game together"

or maybe my mind is just making stuff up

Observation Platform

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
So sad that some poor countries must endure these types of immediate associations. If only people were more rational about protecting civil rights and consequentialism.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I can't even make fun of the school for this. With how gunfucked the U.S. is, this was probably as reasonable a response as you could hope for.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all seriousness, I suppose I'd rather them err on the side of caution. Shame that this is a thing that exists in America.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
I understand the teachers not knowing but the students? Come on, sons. How ya'll let it get this far?
Anyway. American Schools tm

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
This just goes to show people need more Ultraman in their lives.

Ultraman_Profile_Photo.jpg

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
What are the logo supposed to look like?

"Masahiro Sakurai provided an explanation for what the logo represents on Smash 64's website. Intended to be simple in design, Sakurai stated that the cross represents the crossover of the various Nintendo characters and properties, while the logo's four sections reference the four-player aspect of the games."

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I understand the teachers not knowing but the students? Come on, sons. How ya'll let it get this far?
Anyway. American Schools tm

The top selling game in the series sold 13 million copies, and there are 41 million teenagers in the US. The vast majority of them either don't know what Smash Bros. is, or if they have heard of it don't recognize that symbol out of context.

how could it have ended worse for the kid?

Suspended, arrested, expelled? Shot by the investigating cops if his skin was brown? People overreact to this shit constantly in every way except passing gun control laws.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
What are the logo supposed to look like?
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/0...mash-logo-lip-ice-climbers-and-balloon-fight/

For the "The Smash Brothers Logo" you are talking about the circle with a cross through it?
Smash Brother's brings a lot of video game worlds together in one game so,
It was important to have one symbol that brought all of them together.It was designed to be very simple.
The cross represents that this game is a cross over (For example in things like anime where you have different worlds joining together), and the four sections represent the four player battles. The reason for the difference between thickness of the lines is…umm I forgot.

It's just a cross supposed to represent a cross-over.

Personally, I have long posited that it's just an Ultraman reference because Sakurai's childhood was around the time when the Ultra series was at its zeitgeist and Japanese media overflows with references to it (see divekicks/lightning kicks).

Oct 26, 2017
It's a sad sign of the times. Then again an old teacher of mine vowed to have me expelled after I held a presentation that called into question the populist right talking points about "Killerspiele" in the wake of Erfurt.

At least they investigated with due diligence.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only in Murica. Damn those guns make people minds go thinking like the worst thing first.

But considering how common shooting in Murica is, i am not surprised too.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much.

I dont know how kids in the US do it....isnt there like a nigh constant fear?
I wonder what kind of adults these kids who are growing up in the times of school shootings will become.
I once asked my 2 little sisters whether it ever crossed their minds, and it never has (which is how it should be). I pray to God everyday that they remain safe in school. I know 12-15 years ago when i was in elementary school, i never even knew school shootings could be a thing. I was just innocently going about my schooldays like any kid should.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should have simply wrote "Dec 7th. Time to SMASH!". Instead of getting called in for causing panic for a possible school shooting, he'd simply be calling for inappropriate sexual references.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is how the school systems in American think and work. If your lucky though you might have a nerdy teacher who might step in and identify it immediately. But it's just sad to see this was a thing.