• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
What most people are forgetting is that the Tech Test for Titanfall 2 killed so much of the hype for the game before it came out. It had the polar opposite effect that the T1 beta had. I think it was this plus the release date that killed the game's sales.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
People love to shit and blame EA for everything, but EA litterally saved Respawn from going full F2P P2W games for the eternity.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
What most people are forgetting is that the Tech Test for Titanfall 2 killed so much of the hype for the game before it came out. It had the polar opposite effect that the T1 beta had. I think it was this plus the release date that killed the game's sales.

This is a good point, I had forgotten about this. The demo had some baffling tweaks to pilot movement and Titan build-up/survivability compared to the first game, on top of a map that didn't allow much parkour funkiness.

It really was a poor first impression.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

You're absolutely right. I was forgetting how badly that was received at the time.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not clear that EA could have stopped them. However, if they did, and they had moved the game, then the gamer narrative would have been how big bad EA moved Titanfall 2 to a time of the year with slower sales just to give Battlefield a clear run, and if they hadn't then Titanfall 2 would have crushed CoD.

Ultimately I think Respawn deserved their shot at a November launch if they wanted to take it, but that they were silly to take it with TF2. They seem to have imagined that games sell mainly because of quality and that limiting the userbase of the original game to Xbox and PC wouldn't have any significant effect on the sequel. It took CoD 4 goes before it became the biggest FPS game on the market and Respawn should have been expecting the same kind of slog with Titanfall.
Maybe? Gamers are a fickle bunch. At the same time if it was to move out of the way for Battlefield and COD I'm pretty sure most would understand. I don't think Titanfall should be released in the fall if only because so many other shooters are released at that time and Titanfall isn't quite that big yet.

cluk

May 22, 2018
Spring would've been soooo perfect for this amazing game. It really sucks it went like this.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
EA didn't own Respawn at the time but they did have one year to make a bid on them and I don't believe in coincidences so releasing TF2 between two other major high selling FPS lowered the stock of Respawn and made them look "weak". A year later, EA owns them? Yeah right. Simply don't believe that shit at all.

Look at all of the shit EA has done. Come on. EA published the game and even if by some miracle, that was true, why the hell would EA allow it to be released when it was? Made no business sense then. Makes no business sense now unless of course, you're EA and want to buy Respawn which they did a year later for less money than what they worth a year earlier.

Simply don't believe it and never ever will.

Congratulations on making one of the most truly delusional and pathetic posts ever committed to this forum.

man-with-head-in-sand.jpg