• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
This kind of shit is what I was talking about in that other thread about the new forum etc. Parse everything for racism for the virtue signal

In this case it's blatantly racist. Further, it's fucking embarrassing.

And could we have less of this "virtue signalling" nonsense, please? Either virtue is a good thing or it isn't. We don't get to criticize people for doing the right thing.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

And could we have less of this "virtue signalling" nonsense, please? Either virtue is a good thing or it isn't. We don't get to criticize people for doing the right thing.
People using "Virtue Signal" often indicates a Sargon follower. Which is a reaaaally bad sign.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
This is the tech I've been waiting for, aug me up!!!

I want to be more machine than man!!!

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it would do anything for people with memory loss? I have pretty bad issues with that because of my MS.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Flash_Thinker_001.jpg

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That sounds so crazy and awesome. Who knew I'd be living in an age where so much of the science fiction I read as a kid would be slowly becoming reality.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Would it be considered cheating to use these in school? Do you have to turn them off/get them removed before tests? If it becomes an expensive commercial product does that cause the educational attainment gap to get even larger between economic classes?

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
Everything'll be fine and dandy until they start raising the price of neuropozyne. That's how they get you...

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sign me up day one (for the finalized, FDA approved design). 15-25% sounds like a crazy performance boost to my brain.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I swear I read something similar a while ago. Maybe I'm mixing up sci-fi with real news.

rhn94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol futurism is a shitty clickbait site that caters to subs like r/futurology which is a hype-sturbation subreddit; i always take anything on that site with a bag of salt

Nemo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: drive-by/casual racism
The dong has sung his song. And it was quite long.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
those results are not good enough to be worth getting an implant. I would want 100% recall so I can learn every language I wished to. Just being able to remember all words, praises, and meaning.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Presuming this works, it also brings into consideration the ethics of computer based intelligence. Ultimately, if a computer is powerful enough and rewritable in the right places then I believe it can become far more advanced than the human brain.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I want this. Will never be able to afford it, but I want this so so much.

As an aside, I wonder what would happen if someone with photographic memory had the implant...

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: casual racism "joke" -- you probably meant nothing by it, but please be more considerate
I dunno, it's kind of hard to trust a person named Dong Song when it comes to the brain. Last time I listened to my dong, I definitely wasn't using my brain.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm...interesting

of course we do. whether the criticism is accurate or not it can still be done.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
While impressive in itself, there's a lot more that needs to be examined in terms of long term studies to determine if this is actually a practical piece of tech. This thing is no good if it makes you prone to some kind of scarring, cancer, or long term neural network misalignment, not to mention what happens if this thing malfunctions.

Oct 25, 2017
Brain implants are something to be ultra cautious about. Ransomware was the first thing I thought of as well, and given the issues with security in Internet Of Things style embedded devices, I think there's a long way to go.

I'm also reminded of that guy who has a radio or whatever implanted to record brain activity, attempting to do research on himself... and he ended up basically losing the ability to talk for quite a while.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd only remember dumb stuff anyway.

Maybe I'd remember what happened to my original Gears Of War save. Or where my Wii Play disc is.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
I'll take the upgrade, hopefully they can make it safe enough for commercial use.