• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
giphy.gif

lol

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
That's not a robot. It's an organism, is it not?

Wouldn't it be more efficient to start with a tardigrade and install a pouch on that? Comes with eight stumpy legs that wiggle.
If tardigrades become too advanced though we would be fucked lol

That would be a wild Terminator remake.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Bioengineering is how we will reverse much of the environmental damage we've caused. The more money, people, and resources we have devoted to this area the better.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready for scientists to splice me with animal DNA. You best believe i'm going to start my NBA career as soon as I can jump like a frog.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so here are the possibilities

Replicants from Blade Runner
Terminators from Terminator
Peace keepers from Horizon: Zero Dawn

One day, robots will realize they don't need us and it will be all over. This is why George Lucas invented restraining bolts!!!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tiny robots with cognitive abilities and pouches for carrying small loads? What's there to worry about? I'm sure they won't be used to carry anything nefarious.
Cognitive abilities in this situation does not mean consciousness, just sensory capabilities so they could for example, automatically travel towards the direction of a tumor to deliver medicine

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be more efficient to start with a tardigrade and install a pouch on that? Comes with eight stumpy legs that wiggle.

Instead of Terminator, which is just metal with a skin exterior, you should think of HR Giger stuff. Mechanics built entirely from flesh.

Also xenobots sounds wrong, they're not exactly xeno, are they? If you want a cool name got for FLESH MACHINES!
Term I've usually heard for similar tech is biobots from people who work on that tech

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You guys ever stop to think that we won't ever leave this planet or solar system and instead rely on the robots that we have created to full fill that goal?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
What's the benefit of this over regular robots? Outside of making Cylons/Dinosaurs?

Is it easier?