• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The Switch Lite will be un-hackable?
I would buy one just to commemorate the occasion, if true!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If ever? If one thing is for sure, a console will eventually be softmodded.
I think it's more the point that, if NVidia learned their lesson, hackers won't be able to take advantage of the same sort of chip flaw that plagued the original Switch, which will make it that much harder to crack.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It'll just take a long while if anything.

Maybe this is his way of saying they'll focus more on "re-inserting the Pokemon into Sword and Shield" XD

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
An unhackable device...

That would definitely be a first. I'd go for "long long time off" at best

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
The Lite's only appeal for me is homebrew and emulators, I'll be very curious how the first month goes in terms of hacking potential.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Lite's only appeal for me is homebrew and emulators, I'll be very curious how the first month goes in terms of hacking potential.
I say, very bad. The Switch wasn't really hacked, it was just a big oversight of Nivida, which allowed completely bypassing anything by using a buildin backdoor.
With this actually finding solutions to hack the Switch died off, since there was no reason for it. I can see many hackers don't bother with the light, since there is a easier solution.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is my launch switch with most up to date official firmware too late to easily put CFW on? I was thinking of getting a 2nd switch and using my OG for CFW.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be dismissing the opinion of the guy who cracked the Switch wide open i the first place so easily... But it seems many users have info I don't *shrugs*

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
There's always a flaw. When I see how the first switch was easily hacked, I do hope they did it better but there's so much software layers nowadays, there's always someone that forgot something.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
I wouldn't be dismissing the opinion of the guy who cracked the Switch wide open i the first place so easily... But it seems many users have info I don't *shrugs*

This reads like the constant claims many guys who should know better seem to make.

These kind of statements always read like the classic "You'll never need more than X Ram/Storage/Processing Power" or "X will never get cracked" or "We'll never need more than X".

He can't see into the future any more than us. Two years from now some groundbreaking bug could be discovered in all software, or we could develop hacker AI that can crack modern code in minutes etc. Or it could take 10 years. It's not his experience that's the issue, its just a dumb statement to make, especially when you're doing it AS someone of expertise/in the profession.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
An unhackable device...

That would definitely be a first. I'd go for "long long time off" at best

Are we sure? Locked phone boot loaders seem to be treated as impenetrable at this point. And piracy on PS4/XOne seems so difficult to be essentially impossible (coupled with more stuff moving online), etc.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
In light of the title of this thread, this is both surprising and interesting:

https:///nintendo-switch-lite-and-mariko-nintendo-switch-hacked/

After doing some more reading on the matter (on reddit for example) I see it's been confirmed by a number of reliable sources.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

After doing some more reading on the matter (on reddit for example) I see it's been confirmed by a number of reliable sources.
It looks like Nvidia did made dumb mistakes again lol

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin

Interesting, seems nVidia fucked up again, how is this hack working this time?
Using the pins again ?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

We are never going to get a Pokemon game without injected Pokemon ever again, are we.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How's that Xbox 360 softmod working out?

This is such a nonsense thing. Xbox 360 homebrew was never that interesting unlike PS3, Wii and Wii U. Even though JTAG mods died early on there were more than enough ways to hack it after that. I still have mine for customized Rockband tracks.

We are never going to get a Pokemon game without injected Pokemon ever again, are we.

That stopped immediately when the old one was cracked open.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This is such a nonsense thing. Xbox 360 homebrew was never that interesting unlike PS3, Wii and Wii U. Even though JTAG mods died early on there were more than enough ways to hack it after that. I still have mine for customized Rockband tracks.
I think playing oXbox games not on the approved BC list would have been pretty interesting. Had there been an easy way to softmod the 360 like there was for PS3 and Wii/Wii U, I think there would have been a lot more interesting homebrew developed for it.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
what's the state of switch hacking anyway? can a launch switch be hacked no matter what SW update and play all games?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'll hack my current Switch when a more powerful system releases, hopefully next fiscal year. But the possibility to tweak the visuals of Witcher 3 are really making me think...

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
what's the state of switch hacking anyway? can a launch switch be hacked no matter what SW update and play all games?

Yep forever and ever. No way to block that.

Also seems like thread news is fake:

unknown.png

Edit: or people are faking screenshots again lol. some people confirm it who are trustworthy. We will see.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't trust gbatemp with breaking news. Wait for people more knowledgeable (like SciresM for instance) to talk on the matter.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
How's that Xbox 360 softmod working out?
I know this has no basis in reality, but it seems like hackers go the extra mile for Nintendo hardware. Some of exploits they found/developed to hack the 3DS, DSi, Wii U etc were insane, and the Wii was probably the most hacked open console of all time.

There's also this to consider: this hack was done by Team Xecutor allegedly. These people literally get paid to make and support hacking software for the Switch (see SXOS). It shady as fuck and divisive among the hacking/homebrew community who think this should be free for all. BUT they're likely making good money off this and with money comes more resources and incentives. These aren't your regular garage hackers working in their free time.