• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everything that pops up through Product Placement is off brand name, just like in anime. Anime presence confirmed.

It's clearly not about copyright infringement, because look at the rest of it.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Powerpuff Girls almost definitely exist...
Nah they definitely definitely exist, Buttercup has already been seen.

4eEpQD1.png

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The only thing that disappointed me about this is that it's still ongoing and doesnt have 100's of chapters for me to binge.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Nah they definitely definitely exist, Buttercup has already been seen.

4eEpQD1.png
So I'm wondering now how their powers would work in this comic? Would their Ballyhoo just be ..... Them normally? Aren't they the strongest in the toon universe? They can speed blitz almost anyone.

Edit: oh my God I was just thinking.... What about samurai Jack?? What would his be? Or Aku? Lmaooo man! And what if Superman shows up from the justice league cartoon!!!???

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm wondering now how their powers would work in this comic? Would their Ballyhoo just be ..... Them normally? Aren't they the strongest in the toon universe? They can speed blitz almost anyone.

Edit: oh my God I was just thinking.... What about samurai Jack?? What would his be? Or Aku? Lmaooo man! And what if Superman shows up from the justice league cartoon!!!???

None of the characters seem to have their more cartoonish and crazier abilities/powers. Bugs Bunny and Popeye are both depicted doing all kinds of crazy shit in the cartoons that they don't seem to be capable of in this world.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously just speculation, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if characters like the PPG merely acted out their powers to entertain Earth audiences.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously just speculation, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if characters like the PPG merely acted out their powers to entertain Earth audiences.
Yea they are probably really grumpy "IRL" and smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol or something lol. Their real characters are gonna be be something we don't see coming. That's for sure.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Homer seemed like the most reasonable person at the commander meeting honestly.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see scrappy
be the reason scooby and shaggy lost their memories. His ballyhoo allows him to erase memories and it'd be a meta commentary on how everyone wanted to forget scrappy existed lol.

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see this luigi being the person wearing mickey's skin
ca648928005a6342562db5bc6f7a46d7.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if this whole comic is just viral marketing for Boomerang; $5 a month doesn't sound that bad, and there's quite a bit of free content. I just watched an old Bugs episode, and now I'm rewatching the first episode of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" I still need to see most of Mystery Incorporated; soooooo good.

Fingers crossed for a new strip tomorrow!

Johnny Bravo would be a nice addition. Hell, it's hard to come up with a prominent character from my childhood that wouldn't work.

Remember that episode where Johnny joined the Scooby gang, and Fred made it very clear that he's smashing Daphne?

Shit blew my mind.

Last edited:

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I should note that there's now a comic dub being produced for this, and it's actually pretty good. The VAs make an excellent effort to emulate the voices they're doing. The opening is a bit long, but that's been fixed as of the latest episode.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I should note that there's now a comic dub being produced for this, and it's actually pretty good. The VAs make an excellent effort to emulate the voices they're doing. The opening is a bit long, but that's been fixed as of the latest episode.

Thanks, but I don't want to ruin the voices I have already made up in my head now if it turns out I don't like them.

For example, shaggy doesn't have his voice from his TV series. In fact, he is the only one who doesn't have his original voice actor. He has Deku's voice in my head. Everyone else (especially bugs) has their original voice. And it is scary af for bugs.

Scoobs has the same voice from his show but it is deeper and more sophisticated. Whatever that means for scoobs. He is a badass in my mind.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
None of the characters seem to have their more cartoonish and crazier abilities/powers. Bugs Bunny and Popeye are both depicted doing all kinds of crazy shit in the cartoons that they don't seem to be capable of in this world.

I dont know, popeye deflecting bullets with his hands and arms was the most Popeye thing ever

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know, popeye deflecting bullets with his hands and arms was the most Popeye thing ever

Popeye would routinely do stuff like punch people into the sun. His feats of strength are ludicrous in his old cartoons. Bugs was also nigh invulnerable and could basically shapeshift as he saw fit in his cartoons. They're powered up by the ballyhoo energy but they're aren't at cartoon force levels of broken and over the top.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Popeye would routinely do stuff like punch people into the sun. His feats of strength are ludicrous in his old cartoons. Bugs was also nigh invulnerable and could basically shapeshift as he saw fit in his cartoons. They're powered up by the ballyhoo energy but they're aren't at cartoon force levels of broken and over the top.

Hey to be fair we haven't seen Popeye eat his spinach yet. Maybe it's a forbidden power up because it's TOO STRONG at the cost of like half his lifespan or something.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey to be fair we haven't seen Popeye eat his spinach yet. Maybe it's a forbidden power up because it's TOO STRONG at the cost of like half his lifespan or something.

I think it makes things a bit more interesting when all the characters are on a more equal playing ground physically and have to rely on their powers and creatively applying them. Makes for more unpredictable and tense fights and the author seems to have a real eye for evoking some emotions even with such a ridiculous premise.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, son...
Mickey(?) is one creepy MF. Wonder what's so important about that Goku picture.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Oh shit.
The line "Ballyhoo transfer is still processing from the previous model" seems to imply that Shaggy is a part of some mass produced line of humans.

I wonder why Mickey needs the Goku picture.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe "Mick" needs the picture for some kind of facial-recognition to get into Containment 01? Although since it's Scoob's ship it wouldn't make sense for Goku to have any sort of special access on it, especially if he is one of the invaders. Hm...

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe "Mick" needs the picture for some kind of facial-recognition to get into Containment 01? Although since it's Scoob's ship it wouldn't make sense for Goku to have any sort of special access on it, especially if he is one of the invaders. Hm...
If all he needed it for was some facial recognition then I doubt he'd give that dead eye stare he gave Shag while also getting ready to use his Ballyhoo

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, wasn't expecting all that.

So it's the Toons who were experimenting with transferring Ballyhoo. Is that related to Bugs and Scoob "retting rorse"? Is Ballyhoo like a drug to them, and they're not getting enough (Cmdr. Boop said, "We've seen what too much Ballyhoo energy could do to some people.") In #70 we learned that Martians had the potential to harness Ballyhoo, so what was Bugs' agenda in reaching out to them?

And what is up with Shag??

Hmmm.

Under the mask Mickey could be the previous model of Shaggy?

That's so fucked up, but I like that theory.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Interesting
I do wonder what the deal is with that Goku picture. Shag originally got it from Goof before he turned into a Resident Evil monster, so assuming that Goof knew what was going to happen to himself beforehand, could Goof had handed it over with the intent for it to get passed back to Mick?

Speaking of which, monster Goof should still be locked up in that lab, right? I wonder if he'll turn up again.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This has all the hallmarks of a teenager who starts a webcomic not initially knowing where to take it, just making it up as they go along. All the awkward tone shifts, the low build up in the lore until a major lore dump, everything.

But then the artwork gets too good and then you remember they name dropped Zombocom back in #6. The artist is clearly an internet veteran.

Either this is an elaborate parody of all the awkward teenage webcomics that we all used to read about 10-15 years ago, or this is a 30-something who created a webcomic not initially knowing where to take it and is just making it up as they go along.