• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
It would be really cool if OP/mod continually updated the title with the latest chapter. Have the title of the thread be whatever but have a (#71) at the end of it just so people can see where it is currently at.

Anybody else agree? Might just be a dumb thought on my part, idk

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just read through this thing twice in one day. I've now been contemplating some questions and other things that I will spoiler tag.

- who do you guys think is the #1 commander? Its probably a super popular character given who the other commanders are. Mickey makes the most sense to me.
- with that being said...who is the Mickey we know now? It doesn't seem to be Mickey himself, but someone in a Mickey costume.
- Fake Mickey seems to have been the one to kill Felix and injured DeeDee. The clean cut Felix suffered is similar to what happened to Droopy Dog.
- I think Olive Oil betrayed Popeye in some way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It would be really cool if OP/mod continually updated the title with the latest chapter. Have the title of the thread be whatever but have a (#71) at the end of it just so people can see where it is currently at.

Anybody else agree? Might just be a dumb thought on my part, idk

I can't edit the title, but I was going to threadmark each new chapter (though if we start getting multiple a week I'll stagger them.)

So I just read through this thing twice in one day. I've now been contemplating some questions and other things that I will spoiler tag.

- who do you guys think is the #1 commander? Its probably a super popular character given who the other commanders are. Mickey makes the most sense to me.
- with that being said...who is the Mickey we know now? It doesn't seem to be Mickey himself, but someone in a Mickey costume.
- Fake Mickey seems to have been the one to kill Felix and injured DeeDee. The clean cut Felix suffered is similar to what happened to Droopy Dog.

The prevailing theory:

Mickey is #1, but the Mickey we've seen is an impostor. Fake Mickey's Ballyhoo lets him slice things precisely, and he probably used that power to cut off the real Mickey's face and wear it around.

A former Shag clone is the likeliest culprit at the moment, which might explain why the current Shag hasn't discovered his Ballyhoo (it didn't finish transferring over from the previous model.)

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

We know it's Mickey because in the past where Swipes and Courage are, there's a #1 with the Mickey ears on the whiteboard.

Matriox

Oct 26, 2017
The issue im running into is Sam pistol whips fake Mickey really early on when he took Scoob like he's nothing, so either he knows it's fake Mickey working on his side but also kinda rogue, doesnt know and thinks mickey isn't that strong or something, or it wasn't planned on in writing. Also, if you go back around 50 or so mickey breaks Scoob out and Scoob goes up in the vent to hear a plan we don't see, then a few issues later we find Scoob locked up again and mickey slices droopys head in half. Unless I missed something..

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The issue im running into is Sam pistol whips fake Mickey really early on when he took Scoob like he's nothing, so either he knows it's fake Mickey working on his side but also kinda rogue, doesnt know and thinks mickey isn't that strong or something, or it wasn't planned on in writing. Also, if you go back around 50 or so mickey breaks Scoob out and Scoob goes up in the vent to hear a plan we don't see, then a few issues later we find Scoob locked up again and mickey slices droopys head in half. Unless I missed something..

I'm going to go with Araki's rules for writing and not worry too much about this stuff in the scheme of things.

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
Any ideas about the flasback scene in this one? Bugs is coughing, so does this mean he's turning into a monster? And does "it's not like you can say any better" mean that Scoob got it too? Also I think it's interesting that Shag seemed to recognize Earth

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Any ideas about the flasback scene in this one? Bugs is coughing, so does this mean he's turning into a monster? And does "it's not like you can say any better" mean that Scoob got it too? Also I think it's interesting that Shag seemed to recognize Earth
Bugs is not coughing, he's covering his mouth because he is talking to the camera, which is a sign of too much ballyhoo

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Bugs was covering his mouth because he broke the 4th wall, something only toons who have started to go crazy from too much ballyhoo do.

Although that does beg the question
of what he's insinuating about Scoob, since as of yet we haven't seen any indication that Scoob suffers from any side-effect of ballyhoo. My theory is that he might experience memory loss from lack of it, which would explain why he currently has amnesia. I also suspect Shag might act as a sort of ballyhoo battery that Scoob uses to keep his supply up or something.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Bugs was covering his mouth because he broke the 4th wall, something only toons who have started to go crazy from too much ballyhoo do.

of what he's insinuating about Scoob, since as of yet we haven't seen any indication that Scoob suffers from any side-effect of ballyhoo. My theory is that he might experience memory loss from lack of it, which would explain why he currently has amnesia. I also suspect Shag might act as a sort of ballyhoo battery that Scoob uses to keep his supply up or something.
You just got me thinking

what if self-induced amnesia was to stop himself from becoming like Bugs? If you forgot you had ballyhoo or even what it was, I assume you wouldn't even use it or know you had it, much less that it affects you.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going with previous Shaggy model, who retained current Shaggy's Ballyhoo before the transfer finished. Now all I'm trying to figure out is the TV/media term that would slice people in half like that!

"Cut!" like a director would yell? "Deleted scene?" "Cut-scene"? "Splice"?

Since Scoob's ballyhoo is "Channel", perhaps he is able to channel out excess energy that would normally build up and lead to madness. Also, Scoob's seems to be a rare form that combines physical and energy.

Last edited:

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I'm going with previous Shaggy model, who retained current Shaggy's Ballyhoo before the transfer finished. Now all I'm trying to figure out is the TV/media term that would slice people in half like that!

"Cut!" like a director would yell? "Deleted scene?" "Cut-scene"? "Splice"?

I was thinking "Cutscene" or "Cutting Room" personally.

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, okay. I actually forgot the entire
fourth wall
angle

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the patreon graph, I'm happy that this has grown in popularity.

Went from 5 Patrons in November to 330+ now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the patreon graph, I'm happy that this has grown in popularity.

Went from 5 Patrons in November to 330+ now.

We're well on the way!

tujud.jpg

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
So if Mickey isn't a Shaggy clone. . . Could he be what happens when one has too much ballyhoo? Like he has become so "meta" he is a "shell" of his former self?

I'm actually all-in on the "Shaggy clone" thing. I assumed Shag's eyes were a creator quirk, but everyone else's eyes have been mostly-canonical. The only other characters with similar eyes is the infant Shaggy clone, & the eyes you can see under Mick's mask.

m pistol whips fake Mickey really early on when he took Scoob like he's nothing, so either he knows it's fake Mickey working on his side but also kinda rogue, doesnt know and thinks mickey isn't that strong or something, or it wasn't planned on in writing. Also, if you go back around 50 or so mickey breaks Scoob out and Scoob goes up in the vent to hear a plan we don't see, then a few issues later we find Scoob locked up again and mickey slices droopys head in half. Unless I missed something..

Maybe Mick isn't completely god-tier; Sam catches him off-guard, so maybe Mick can just easily be beaten that way.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So I believe what happened was Mick explained the plan to Scoob, then he went back in prison so he could bust him out when Bugs was preoccupied elsewhere.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I remember these comics from a loooooooooong time ago, when they were first being posted. Had no idea what they'd turned into and I am into it. It bums me out that he's using licensed IPs because it means his growth is kneecapped but otherwise it's just such a fun and interesting concept. Can't wait to see where he goes with it, probably gonna donate to his Patreon too!

What tools are used to make these comics? I really really like the linework.
I think it's literally a #2 pencil on paper, scanned. Though there are programs like Sketchbook Pro, and brushes for Photoshop, that can emulate a pencil on paper. Do a layer mask with a paper texture and it's almost impossible to tell the difference.

Matriox

Oct 26, 2017
So I believe what happened was Mick explained the plan to Scoob, then he went back in prison so he could bust him out when Bugs was preoccupied elsewhere.
i just thought of somethingt.. Alternatively, the Scoob put back into the prison could be the real scoob? It would kinda make sense a little bit, we know that clones lose their memory which explains his memory loss, and also we have a shot of both of them imprisoned, one has wraps on his arms and the other doesnt...If shaggy is Micky in the mask, then we have a rogue Scoob and Shag working together for something and this whole time we have been following the clones story... Could be a long shot.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember these comics from a loooooooooong time ago, when they were first being posted. Had no idea what they'd turned into and I am into it. It bums me out that he's using licensed IPs because it means his growth is kneecapped but otherwise it's just such a fun and interesting concept. Can't wait to see where he goes with it, probably gonna donate to his Patreon too!

I think it's literally a #2 pencil on paper, scanned. Though there are programs like Sketchbook Pro, and brushes for Photoshop, that can emulate a pencil on paper. Do a layer mask with a paper texture and it's almost impossible to tell the difference.
Clip Studio Paint, and yeah, I agree. The linework is great.
Thank you!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So I netered a read the first lines of th Op, clicked the link and started reading.7
The humour was very meh, I actually didnt know it was going to turn to something, I just kept reading becuase maybe the humour turned better and thats why theres a thread on it?
I arrived to 7 (i think) and was the first time I laughed, very typical scooby doo joke, but I like classics, so "no shit shaggy" and scooby stopping the man from saying the famous final phrase from the bad guys in the series made me laugh. So i continue reading.
Was suprised at kermit, but didnt like the drug humour.

And then the house happened, the storyline started and everything went up, until it turned into something absolutely maginificent.As a huge fan of cartoons the read was fast and mesmerizing. Going to show it to some friends tomorrow that are pretty big fans of jojo.

And I love the art, and I dont mean the super cool looking anime panels only. The use of linework, the shadowing, the shot framing... is perfect. Is very storyboard like and as someone that works on animation I have an inmense amount of respect for the work done here.

Now some spoiler. I just got to #65 so i need to keep reading but I had to stop and starte reading the thread. Im pretty interested why
Mickey mouse is using the park costume as a design instead of its cartoon design. It may be just a funny idea from the old versions of the comic, but I think he started the storyline around that time and he already thought something about it for the future.

BTW I absolutely love Popeye's frame by frame power. Suits him incredibly well with its cartoon history. Loving all the meta commentary about animation history going around with how the characters interact, like using Bugs the 4th wall explained in the comic into he has so much power he hears the voices of the audiences at the other side.
His static tv power reminds me a lot to the villain of a kids show in spain called Mega Zero, which was maid of static and sent you to another plane of existance good if he got you

EDIT
FUCK ONLY 71 COMICS! WHAT IM GOING TO DO NOW!!!!

I dont know if im a fan of
anime characters appearing in this. I thought it was cool that they western characters in anime like situations, adding anime characters will just normalize them.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When was explained that too much Ballyhoo makes you break the 4th wall?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How's this shit so good?

This might be one of the most ingenious fourth wall breaks I've ever seen

8c8794f5fa.jpg

That's an interesting one, but I don't see how Public Domain relates to being able to make precise cuts on someone.
Yeah, I hadn't considered that. Director's Cut makes a lot of sense. (Didn't realize Mickey did that lmao)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's an interesting one, but I don't see how Public Domain relates to being able to make precise cuts on someone.

Maybe it doesn't. Maybe Public Domain lets whoever it is appear to be Mickey, but they have an actual talent for swordplay that's independent of their Ballyhoo.

(This doesn't actually make any sense and I can't think of a non-anime cartoon character who could do something like that without an added ballyhoo super power, but it's fun to speculate.)

EDIT: After I type that, maybe like someone from GI Joe? Seems unlikely though.

Skaterboy

May 16, 2018
Ain't gonna lie chief.
This makes me sad.
It's basically what I've been trying to do with another project and finding out this beat me to it, and did it better than i ever could knocks the wind right outta my sail

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see real Mickey having a "Public Domain" Ballyhoo and the character behind the disneyland mickey costume having its own that cuts things.

But we dont know were real Mickey is, or if he is even alive. Im going to go and say he is the one from the Number 1 throne.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see real Mickey having a "Public Domain" Ballyhoo and the character behind the disneyland mickey costume having its own that cuts things.

But we dont know were real Mickey is, or if he is even alive. Im going to go and say he is the one from the Number 1 throne.
What if mickey can possess people and can use their ballyhoo. So he
possessed an old shaggy clone. And a mickey suit forms around them when he possesses someone. Would fit the public domain aspect and mickey is probably extraordinarily crazy by now.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Showed the comic to some people at my master's degree and theyve become fans. Now I have IRL friends I can talk about this when the comic updates hahaha,

A fucking sick animation of a ballyhoo in time with Joker's release in Smash:

Nice!
Going to tell to my pixel artists friend if he wants to do a cool animation with some of the comic frames now that the comic is getting more popular.