• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The only way to get this animated is to get fans to do it for free which is certainly possible but a far more epic undertaking than a webcomic. Weirder things have happened so who knows. Would be something impressive if it wasn't shut down by one of the like half dozen rights holders lol

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to get this animated is to get fans to do it for free which is certainly possible but a far more epic undertaking than a webcomic. Weirder things have happened so who knows. Would be something impressive if it wasn't shut down by one of the like half dozen rights holders lol
They could do original characters but then some of the charm is lost in watching these beloved characters play out anime tropes.
They could settle for very close analogues for the characters but that's still playing with fire.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I would think the patreon nature of the comic would leave it open to cease and desist orders and/or lawsuits.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I would think the patreon nature of the comic would leave it open to cease and desist orders and/or lawsuits.
Nah, the cool think about patreon/kofi is that you are paying for the act of him working, not the work itself, thats why theres so many high paid fanart and fangames using existing characters that are not striken by c&d and lawsuits.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They could do original characters but then some of the charm is lost in watching these beloved characters play out anime tropes.
They could settle for very close analogues for the characters but that's still playing with fire.

I'm talking Bartkira type stuff which is totally done by fans for fans with no intent to make a professional product. Could still be really well animated knowing the talent willing to work on these types of passion projects but by no means do I think something like this gets an "actual" animation adaptation.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, the cool think about patreon/kofi is that you are paying for the act of him working, not the work itself, thats why theres so many high paid fanart and fangames using existing characters that are not striken by c&d and lawsuits.
That's good to know. I figured this was just flying under the radar.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm kinda figuring at this point that the big bad has to be some
human, manipulating the various denizens of animation against each other. It would tie into the meta aspects of the comic obviously enough, and... Hell it could straight up be the author. Alternatively, some major figure in animation history. Like, imagine them having to fight Walt Disney or William Hanna of some such.

On a note related more to the current chapter, while we're all guessing that 'Mickey' is actually Shaggy's previous model/clone/whatever, here's my query: What the hell happened to his previous model, if there wasn't a war yet? Damaged by Scoob in a Ballyhoo induced rage? His own power was too much?

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm kinda figuring at this point that the big bad has to be some
human, manipulating the various denizens of animation against each other. It would tie into the meta aspects of the comic obviously enough, and... Hell it could straight up be the author. Alternatively, some major figure in animation history. Like, imagine them having to fight Walt Disney or William Hanna of some such.

On a note related more to the current chapter, while we're all guessing that 'Mickey' is actually Shaggy's previous model/clone/whatever, here's my query: What the hell happened to his previous model, if there wasn't a war yet? Damaged by Scoob in a Ballyhoo induced rage? His own power was too much?
I think there were some hints of there being a war? "There were those wanted more power" etc etc and I then Scoob came along and save the day

Another interesting thing I noticed while rereading those panels is that Scoob is one of the commanders of the six fleets. So does this mean there are six commanders?

So waiting for updates after binging this comic in one day, anyone else have any good webcomics recommendations that have flown under the radar? I recently found one where
A webcomic telling the weird but cute romcom story of a "What If" Gannondorf and Zelda got married. It's drawn well and has a good mix of comic/drama and adheres really well to LoZ lore.

Also I'm all in on the Fake Mickey having the Ballyhoo 'Final Cut' and literally skinned Mickey to wear him and trick people.

Try http://www.backcomic.com, I think it's somewhat similar to Scoob and Shag

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
My favorite theory I heard so far is a friend of mine suggesting that at the end of the series we'll cut back to Kermit, Shags and Scoob in front of that mansion high as fuck and going "wow that was one fucking trip."

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
What if number 1 is not
mickey but oswald. Or maybe oswald is inside the mickey skin? Final cut would make sense, him being cut from history so many years, though the size with the costume doesnt make much sense

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I think there were some hints of there being a war? "There were those wanted more power" etc etc and I then Scoob came along and save the day

Another interesting thing I noticed while rereading those panels is that Scoob is one of the commanders of the six fleets. So does this mean there are six commanders?

Try http://www.backcomic.com, I think it's somewhat similar to Scoob and Shag

Just started reading Back, it's great!

The Patreon was stealth-changed; no more $500/month threshold for two comics a week, the next is $1000/month for more out-of-town cons and more merch. Also the "quit my day job" was upped from $1200 to $2000/month (way more realistic, tbh.)

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Just started reading Back, it's great!

The Patreon was stealth-changed; no more $500/month threshold for two comics a week, the next is $1000/month for more out-of-town cons and more merch. Also the "quit my day job" was upped from $1200 to $2000/month (way more realistic, tbh.)
Yeah way more realistic goals. I could do this for $2k a month for sure.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
All $5 Patreon backers check your messages: you get to pick a character for your doodle.

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Ain't gonna lie chief.
This makes me sad.
It's basically what I've been trying to do with another project and finding out this beat me to it, and did it better than i ever could knocks the wind right outta my sail
No! No don't let this get you down.

I'm super familiar with this, but you will always, always find things that are similar to your own ideas working in the creative field. I just spent a week working on a pitch and when I described one of the character's powers to my girlfriend, she went "Oh so she's like Deadpool?" and I was like FUCK! But that's the nature of the beast, there are basically no original ideas anymore. It's aaaaaall about the execution. So even if this comic is similar to yours, or you think he did it better, it's NOT yours and it's not the way you would have done it and your way still has value!!

You can do it, don't give up!

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
So waiting for updates after binging this comic in one day, anyone else have any good webcomics recommendations that have flown under the radar? I recently found one where
A webcomic telling the weird but cute romcom story of a "What If" Gannondorf and Zelda got married. It's drawn well and has a good mix of comic/drama and adheres really well to LoZ lore.

Also I'm all in on the Fake Mickey having the Ballyhoo 'Final Cut' and literally skinned Mickey to wear him and trick people.

I have no idea how popular some webcomics are, but Star Power is pretty great? It's basically what if Carol Danvers was a scientist and not a huge jerk. starpowercomic.com/

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Can't wait 'til this Ballyhoo shows up

dJqMod2.jpg

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Jump Cut feels like a perfect name for his stand.

Also holy shit, that's one hell of a cliffhanger.

Also wait the Martians are okay? I thought they were dead! So they survived somehow?

May 30, 2018
I thought the Martians were invaded? And lol shaggy didn't get to do shit on this ship, man just showed up to get cut

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn, I was close in predicting fake Mickey's ballyhoo. Also Shag is definitely a clone.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Jump Cut is such a good name for Mick's ballyhoo. I'm kinda sad that he's finally been unmasked, those horrifying creepy Mickey panels are amazing.

Seems like we're due for some major story development in the coming chapters. There's so much stuff going on right now between Mick, the Martians, and whatever is going on with Shag, I'm looking forward to the flashback making sense of all of this.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Jump Cut feels like a perfect name for his stand.

Also holy shit, that's one hell of a cliffhanger.

Also wait the Martians are okay? I thought they were dead! So they survived somehow?

Nope; Sam brought Scoob to them earlier. They were even near the same room Mick was trying to get into.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man... Did my mans just pull 4th hokage dash on dude? Damn his back was turned to him.

I wonder how exactly

"Jump Cut" works? Is he manipulating time? Or is he just speed blitzing?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So...

The Martians actually are the invaders? Or just assimilated into the invading force the way Bugs and the other toons were? I just feel like it'd be kinda lame if in the end it was just the Martians.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This is burning through plot faster than The Good Place S2, haha.

Glad that whole anime thing was a misdirect; there are already plenty of elements to screw around with in this arc.

Also, this was cool to see:

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And it's off, ladies and gentlemen. Goddamn it, we have to wait another week.

The mask comes off, I mean. But yeah, looks like "Mickey" has the Ballyhoo version of King Crimson.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Alright but have we considered
that the Monstars are somehow behind it or will become an element of the plot at some point to complete the ultimate high-effort shitpost?

OP
OP

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
that the Monstars are somehow behind it or will become an element of the plot at some point to complete the ultimate high-effort shitpost?

Oh hell yes. Just quintuple-down on older millenial fanservice.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What if the person under the mask is
is the original shaggy i.e. this guy from an earlier panel?
hqdefault.jpg

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

Played-straight Monstars are a necessity IMO. But I feel like we're not quite there yet. Save them for a few arcs down the road.