• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
UzWzdyr.jpg

Tonights the night for the first annual Coolsville Costume Party and only the grooviest teens in town are invited, which of course included famed sleuths Mystery Inc.

The gang finally has the chance to unwind, dance and eat chocolate corn on the cob, no monsters in sight.

Until the lights turn off. And an eerie laugh fills the dining hall.

Zoinks!

Alright gang, it's time to split up and search for clues, welcome to Scooby-Doo Mafia!

Gamerunner: Aeleus & Sawneeks
Gamewatchers: Natiko cabot Fireblend CaptainNuevo
Complexity: Normal
Phase Length: 48/24

!player_list
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks - UTC-6
[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+13
[She/Her] lokiduck|Loki - UTC-8
[He/Him] Soneji - UTC-5
[He/Him] EzekelRAGE - UTC-6
[She/Her] Kitsunelaine|Kits - UTC+13
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu - UTC+0
[He/Him] Fran - UTC-3
[She/Her] Pirate Bae - UTC-7
[He/Him] Fantomas - UTC-6
[He/Him] Kalor - UTC+0
[He/Him] Turmoil7|Turm - UTC-3
[He/Him] Z-Beat - UTC-8
[He/Him] Kopite - UTC+8
[He/Him] rac - UTC-5
[He/Him] Lone_Prodigy|LP - UTC-5
[He/Him] CoolestSpot - UTC-5
[He/Him] nin - UTC+1
[They/Her] weemadarthur|Wee - UTC-5
[He/Him] absolutbro - UTC-5
!player_list

Sample Role PM:
Welcome to the First Annual Coolsville Costume Party!

You are an Innocent Partygoer, aka a Vanilla Townie. The costume party seemed like a groovy idea at first but apparently there are monsters somewhere in the mansion? And now they're making people disappear? This was much more than you signed up for.

You don't have any powers, except maybe wearing a sweet costume, but you can Vote.

You are aligned with Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Game thread is HERE

Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

(Thanks Fantomas for the banner)

Last edited:

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What Is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:
1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Do not use slurs or bigoted language.
3. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
4. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
5. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
6. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity. This includes discussing circumstances around player replacement.
7. Please respect all of your fellow community members in terms of personhood and accessibility. In this community we require that you respect person's pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text (do not change text color unnecessarily and be mindful of small and large fonts' impact on readability).
8. Failure to adhere to a player's personal pronoun will result in a public warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.

Game Behavior:
9. While mafia can be an intense and stressful game, with play becoming heated at times, please try to keep discussion as respectful and congenial as possible. Take a break if you feel heated. If someone is breaking a rule you are encouraged to alert your gamerunner and game watchers. Reports about in-game action and behavior will be handled by them, and the gamerunner will issue final rulings in the event of disagreements.
10. Being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If the gamerunner and game watchers find a player has been overly aggressive, action will be taken. First a private warning via PM will be given. Failure to stop the behavior will then result in a public warning and the offender will be given a priority penalty. If these behaviors still continue then that player will be removed from the game.
11. Treat players, gamerunners, and game watchers with respect. Players who are bothered by behavior they perceive as uncomfortable or as targeted aggression should make their positions clear in game as everyone has a different threshold. If a player feels someone has crossed a line they should contact the gamerunner and game watchers, listed in the first post, about the issue.
12. Players should not perform moderator actions in game, including using highlight text outside of voting, or issuing day-end/start commands, or calling for the modkill or replacement of another player. While we understand mafia can be an intense experience, and players may wish to discuss in-game moderation decisions with the gamerunner, once a gamerunner makes a decision, please respect it as final.

Activity:
13. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will result in both a public and a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
14. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
15. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your gamerunner.
16. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.

Voting and Lynching:
17. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Any other format will not be accepted.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
19. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
20. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
21. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
22. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your gamerunner for more information.

Other:
23. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
24. If a player is banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
25. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand

Player List and Vote Tool Link
OP
OP
Aeleus

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Player Roster:
1. [He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks UTC-6
2. [He/Him] Stantastic UTC+13 Stan
3. [She/Her] lokiduck UTC-8 Ms. Bird/Loki/Ms. Duck
4. [He/Him] Soneji UTC-5
5. [He/Him] EzekelRAGE UTC-6
6. [She/Her] Kitsunelaine UTC+13 Kits/Elaine
7. [He/Him] Stuart444 UTC+0 Stu replaced by [He/Him] Vincent Alexander UTC-6 VA
8. [He/Him] Fran UTC-3
9. [She/Her] Pirate Bae replaced by [He/Him] malus UTC+1
10. [He/Him] Fantomas UTC-6 replaced by [He/Him] TheChuggernaut UTC-6
11. [He/Him] Kalor UTC+0
12. [He/Him] Turmoil7 UTC-3 Turm
13. [He/Him] Z-Beat UTC-8
14. [He/Him] Kopite UTC+8
15. [He/Him] rac UTC-5
16. [He/Him] Lone_Prodigy UTC-5 LP
17. [He/Him] CoolestSpot
18. [He/Him] nin UTC+1
19. [They/Her] weemadarthur UTC-5 Wee
20. [He/Him] absolutbro UTC-5

Replacements:
1. [She/Her] Docter Monkey UTC-5

Because next week is Thanksgiving in the US we are more than likely going to be extended a Day or Night phases during that time to compensate. We will let you know when that happens.

Day Start/End can be tracked via Threadmarks.

Fireblend's Vote Tool:

Day 1 Starts in: (unless PM's aren't confirmed)
kv6y1b1tnm

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aeleus

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
PMs will start going out now, please confirm them asap.

Hope everyone has a spooky time!

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Also just a heads up. I work three days the middle of the week from noon to evening so I won't be as talkative during those days. I'll talk when I can of course and may try to log on before going to work, but we'll see. c:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through a lot of stressful shit right now, so my activity will likely be a lot less than you all expect from me, but I still want to play.

*laugh track*

No, seriously, I am actually not going to have much time to play, I will not be making a shit ton of posts like you all think I will.

*laugh track*

I'm deadly serious! My stress levels are way too high right now, I will not be able to put as much effort into this as I usually do.

*laugh track*

Ugh.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going through a lot of stressful shit right now, so my activity will likely be a lot less than you all expect from me, but I still want to play.

*laugh track*

No, seriously, I am actually not going to have much time to play, I will not be making a shit ton of posts like you all think I will.

*laugh track*

I'm deadly serious! My stress levels are way too high right now, I will not be able to put as much effort into this as I usually do.

*laugh track*

Ugh.
source.gif

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No one needs to excuse themselves over availablity, if someone doesn't like it is their problem not yours

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also if there isn't Vincent price, red shirt shaggy and green shirt shaggy, and 13 ghosts I'mma be pissed.

Also a ghost mechanic for the game when we die.

I expect more effort then any mafia game before it here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait

Will this game have trap mechanics?

I'm gonna spend this whole game adding my own rules to it I hope you all know. I'm playing my own game.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they call me the trap mechanic // i'm so slick you're convinced it's a hat trick // you couldn't even dream of beats this thick // nah, you're just losin' your grip // YEAH // YEAH