• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay the shifted day schedule is really fucking me hard here. I'm the only one here at the farm today, and I will definitely not be here EoD except maybe by mobile. Maybe. Apologies in advance.

Re: Lovers. There's no way the lovers are split alignment. Stop it. This isn't a bastard game. Full stop. Scum hasn't killed them yet because better targets have popped up at EoD the last two day phases: a tracker and a jailer. Both could out scum by hitting the right target. Lovers are just lovers and can be left for later.

Re: Stu / VA. Yeah, Stu tunneled (anti-tunneled) hard on Malus (not really even Bae). By his own admission that was based purely on Bae not moving N1. We know Bae/Malus was a scum goon slot, so either there's another goon who submitted the kill or scum used another power. Given we have a tracker AND a jailer, that could easily have been a Ninja or Strong kill from someone else. If Stu were still here I might ask him about it, but VA can't answer for Stu and I think we all agree that that slot is almost certainly town.

You know what? I am open to a "lovers" lynch.
The back of my mind is telling me that this claim stinks.
Stu / VA almost certainly being town would ordinarily make me look back into my "nin was trying to pocket" stance, but I guess I've hit the point of "that's such an obviously bad argument there's no way Nin is scum". yippee

I don't know what else

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from the numbers issue, my biggest issue going for lovers is the name-group of the basic 5. If lovers are a neutral pair or scum, they got both shaggy and scooby as fake claims? Velma flipped. zeke claims daphne. Fred hasn't been claimed. I would think if shags/scoob are not town then daphne must be, you know?

i hate game design and flavor arguments but i also am not ready to trust in zeke
Did the lovers ever say what their flavor names were?

Oct 26, 2017
Ah. Thank you. I saw that earlier from someone and thought it was speculation for some reason.

I'm going to stick with my shite speculation that Malus put at least 1 scum on his "possibly scum" list. Stan, LP, Zeke, Nin, Kalor. Welp, we know how one of those turned out. The last read he posted dropped Stan in place of Kalor. Sooo....

VOTE: Stantastic

I'll have time to go back tonight and read Stan's posts to see if I can support my vote. We have a whole day left though, so point in doing nothing with my vote.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Re: Lovers. There's no way the lovers are split alignment. Stop it. This isn't a bastard game. Full stop. Scum hasn't killed them yet because better targets have popped up at EoD the last two day phases: a tracker and a jailer. Both could out scum by hitting the right target. Lovers are just lovers and can be left for later.
Yeah I agree with you here as well. In my personal opinion, either both lovers are scum and it's a fake claim or they really are lovers, it makes no sense for them to be different alignments unless they were siblings (which from what I know from the mafia wiki can be and usually are mixed alignment). If this was a bastard game I'd consider the possibility, but it's not.

With all that said, as I highlighted in my posts about the active votes at the end of each day phase, there is a chance they might be scum.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree with you here as well. In my personal opinion, either both lovers are scum and it's a fake claim or they really are lovers, it makes no sense for them to be different alignments unless they were siblings (which from what I know from the mafia wiki can be and usually are mixed alignment). If this was a bastard game I'd consider the possibility, but it's not.

With all that said, as I highlighted in my posts about the active votes at the end of each day phase, there is a chance they might be scum.
There's 0 chance either are scum, certainly not both. There would have been a counterclaim from the real Scooby and/or Shaggy by now if they were lying. Sometimes town just makes mistakes and votes for town. Scum votes for scum often enough.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Fanto seems tougher to read this game. He's doing his usual high post count thing but he seems moody and inconsistent. Sorry if that's based on RL stuff, but that's my observation. I wouldn't vote for him today but wouldn't put him on my top town list.

I went through Sparks' posts and yeah there isn't too much substance despite his post count. You could justify his most recent vote on turmoil but you could justify any other vote on anyone at this stage.

Pirate Bae has been a non factor but says she's busy so I'm not sure why she's getting extra attention when there are a lot of other quieter posters.

Vote: Kalor

Doubt this does anything nor will this be my final vote but it's as good a place as any.
Shying away from this angle when I said I was gonna look more at ppl pushing that angle 🤔

like I did loki with me and Fran when she said my normal behavior is nai but Fran normal behavior seemed to be townread, why does bae get a pass for being busy/rl stuff but fanto doesn't?

also who are the other quieter ppl you want other ppl to look at instead of bae? The phrasing on that last sentence looks odd as hell to me.
Was rereading some stuff with the bae flip in mind. Lone_Prodigy i dint think you ever answered this question 🤔

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really super unbelievable that the pair of lover aren't scum when it said on the sign up sheet this is regular mafia and not bastard mafia

really?

Oct 25, 2017

All I'm going to say is that there's a reason me trying to convince town that you and Ket were scum back in SU was an insane long shot. It's just such a wild gambit, and there's no point to it at this point.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Is it really super unbelievable that the pair of lover aren't scum when it said on the sign up sheet this is regular mafia and not bastard mafia

really?
1. Both of you wouldn't be scum
2. If you were masons and one of you were scum. That would be bastard. One of you being scum isn't bastard.
Can the lovers and the vig stop tunneling each other please
How have I tunneler the lovers?!?!?!?!? 🤔🧐🤔🧐

Soneji with his obsession with my shot count and sparks doing w/e sparks does.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
There's 0 chance either are scum, certainly not both. There would have been a counterclaim from the real Scooby and/or Shaggy by now if they were lying. Sometimes town just makes mistakes and votes for town. Scum votes for scum often enough.
I wouldn't put it past a game runner to make two major characters fake claims, but you are probably right, especially in this case since Scrappy's flavor specifically mentions that he want to get back at Scoob.

But in that case if Soneji and Sparks really are lovers, then that really does mean all the day 1 major trains were town like and there's nothing really useful to gather from it :/

Oct 25, 2017
I just really don't buy a world where any of the three are scum. We can come back to it later in the game if there's still a scum hiding, but I just don't think that's the place to look now

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Except in the PM I got
it says me and my lover are both townie????????????????????????????

We already went over this day 2 sparks
Soneji Funky Dude Sparks does it say the alignment of your partner 🤔
It doesn't state it, but it's safe to assume it.
Fine fine it says it in the PM me and them are town
Had to find.

Some lovers can be split alignments, but given role flavor and the finding mechanic, the chances are minuscule at best of being that variation. So yes it's safe to assume that for now.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I dont care for the flavor defense of the lovers at all, plenty of games have had major/unlikely characters as scum fake claims.

I know I said I would leave it alone.....but.....

This was your original statement. Stu believed mal was town and weems was scum.

Now you are moving the goal posts saying stu didn't want to lynch mal and stu wanted to lynch weems? Uhm Duhhhhh? But that was never your argument.

Thinking someone is a bad lynch doesn't mean you think they are town.

Thinking she should be lynched due to being frustrated with her/info lynch doesn't mean he was certain she was scum.
I havnt moved anything, i said even if your distinction was true, and i dont think it is, it wouldnt really matter for my entire argument here.
Stu thought Mal was town and believed shouldnt be lunched.
Stu thought Wee was scum and believed she should be lunched.
The reasons for both were questionable because they were not logical decisions but emotional ones.
I can point you to many MANY posts expressing these beliefs, that he felt this way is the important thing and is not really debatable.
As i said before, he believed he knew what needed to happen, but couldnt make it happen, hence his entire playstyle yesterday.
His reasoning for these beliefs just dont matter to me here so i dont get why you keep trying to dispute them.
Please try to understand my point here instead of arguing semantics.
Ah. Thank you. I saw that earlier from someone and thought it was speculation for some reason.

I'm going to stick with my shite speculation that Malus put at least 1 scum on his "possibly scum" list. Stan, LP, Zeke, Nin, Kalor. Welp, we know how one of those turned out. The last read he posted dropped Stan in place of Kalor. Sooo....

VOTE: Stantastic

I'll have time to go back tonight and read Stan's posts to see if I can support my vote. We have a whole day left though, so point in doing nothing with my vote.
...i think i had a rebuttle in mind when i added this to multi quote but im blanking on it.....
Eat me?
I dunno.
How Zeke has skated so far after day vig'ing Fran is beyond my comprehension
If your so bloody sure hes scum then show your work.
Yeah he shot a townie, most town vig's do, you need to have a more compelling reason and i havnt seen one yet.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Also its kind of moot now that sparks is claiming he is told they are both town, but if they wernt and the alignment of each other was left unsaid that wouldnt necessarily be bastard wouldnt it?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Didnt the lovers say not long after they claimed that they didnt know each others alignment?
Im about to head to work but ill check later unless someone else wants to go dighing in the mean time, but im sure i remember something like that.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
HEROES VS VILLAINS 2

that was the prior game i was refering to before.

Sorry it just popped into my head and it was bugging me for ages.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also its kind of moot now that sparks is claiming he is told they are both town, but if they wernt and the alignment of each other was left unsaid that wouldnt necessarily be bastard wouldnt it?
Wait. Didnt the lovers say not long after they claimed that they didnt know each others alignment?
Im about to head to work but ill check later unless someone else wants to go dighing in the mean time, but im sure i remember something like that.
Day 2 of the reveal. Sparks said he had they were town in his role pm, soneji said there was no indication of alignment. I quoted the exchange above.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I almost told you earlier, but decided not to, if I knew it was bugging you I would have. XD
Such Cruelty
Day 2 of the reveal. Sparks said he had they were town in his role pm, soneji said there was no indication of alignment. I quoted the exchange above.
Oh i totally missed that earlier, my bad.
...yeah honestly im feeling more and more on board with a lovers lunch.
I understand your point. Let's agree to disagree and drop it.

*truffleshuffle*
Yes dear god lets.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wee hasn't said nothing has she?
weemadarthur Z-Beat

comments/hot takes/shitposts/trolls whatever you can contribute?
I've already got nearly 200% of the daily post count minimum and you seem not to have read any of them. Try the search function. Febe even made one attached to the vote link. Seriously, put some effort in here and don't expect to be spoonfed. I'm looking for a couple of older posts I need to reply to and don't need to waste my time responding to useless things like this.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, but what about the variance where sparks says their PM lists the alignment and soneji says it doesn't?

Oct 27, 2017
Those last 2 votes on malus look like scum giving up and busing, so i figure between z beat and LP there is probably one. Or two.
You may be on to something tbqh

Let's take my hyperfocus off Zeekster and onto either Z Beat or LP.

I don't think LP has quite contributed enough to day 3 discourse to discourage any types of thinking about him not being scum so he might be coasting. Z-Beat is posting fluff and confusion in general (I don't think he's poasted in Day 3 but we'll let him defend himself.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wee is as good as town for me unless they are the super bus master
Right, here's one to reply to.

um.

Look, I appreciate that you consider me capable of playing 4D chess, very flattering and all, but imo busing an absent goon scumpartner is more on the play level of "how do the horsies move again?"

can't tell if chuggs is just going from sheeping stu to believing in me because he's town or to pocket me.