• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know how I missed the trailer and don't see a thread.

Jesus my interest was nuked, looks like a parody of Zombie Island.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I never liked Scooby Doo growing up. But I LOVED Zombie Island as a kid. And that song (you know the one) is just so hype inducing!

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
This looks like a throwaway Direct to DVD movie like Monster of Mexico and Where's My Mummy.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
How is it return when it seems to be the first time they were there?

I once read somewhere the original Zombie Island movie was a test for a more hard core scooby doo, and it failed because it legit terrorized kids

Zapages

Oct 28, 2017
The original is my all time favorite Scooby-Doo movies.... Just superb all the way through...

This one seems decent.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
It's okay, but it seems like a silly soft remake of sort of the original, which I really liked for it's more darker tone, so not sure if I will be that fond of this.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this doesn't look any different than the other 5 dozen DTV films & specials they cranked out over the years. Really misses what made the original Zombie Island resonate so much.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't look anything like the original. The zombies will definitely be fake here too.

Oct 25, 2017

I once read somewhere the original Zombie Island movie was a test for a more hard core scooby doo, and it failed because it legit terrorized kids
I've read the opposite that it revived the franchise after people were tired of the formula.

The fact the Witch''s Ghost came right after with a similar tone must mean it was pretty successful.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

That would be weird since Scooby Doo had no new content for years when this came out, and afterwards this directly led to 3 more DTV films, the live action films, and the new tv shows

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Original Zombie Island movie fucked me up when they literally ripped a man's head off trying to unmask.

That movie was grim as fuck!

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
But how long did they keep the tone from Zombie Island?
Witch's Ghost kept it mostly I think. The alien and cyberspace ones less but still more serious in tone than most of the stuff in the franchise. The first live action movie also cribbed A LOT from Zombie Island.

What's New Scooby Doo abandoned it but Mystery Incorporated definitely skewed closer to it

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
The OG film is my all time favorite Scooby Doo Movie besides the Witch's Ghost movie.

I'll be willing to watch this movie.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
i remember seeing the first one as a kid i thought it was amazing. the animation, the tone, the zombies all blew my mind back then. this doesnt look even half as cool as that :'/

OP
OP
Razgriz-Specter
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like an throwaway Direct to DVD movie like Monster of Mexico and Where's My Mummy.
Yeah 13 Ghost actually looked like it was higher effort especially for the 50th anniversary.

If Zombie Island is going to be so watered down i'd rather have gotten a Pup Named Scooby Doo tribute or even Mystery Incorporated.

Man I really miss the older artstyles compared to these movies
scooby_1.png

vs
b1205610-ab06-0132-4665-0e9062a7590a.jpg

scoobydoozombie3.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Man my interest in Scooby-Doo basically began and ended with the original and the Witch's Ghost.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I remembered this movie being so fucking rad. I rewatched it acouple years back, and it was still just a fun goofy-if-genuinely-creepy funhouse movie. The zombie part is done so sincerely.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Just bought the original on DVD thanks to this thread posting the music video from the first movie. So good.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like I need to check out zombie island. I also need to finish mystery incorporated what I have watched is so good.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Give Mystery Incorporated a shot, one of my favorite cartoons of all time and I was watching as an adult.
You should give mystery incorporated a watch. It is a awesome Scooby show that has a really cool overreaching story that gets similar to those movies in tone.
Watch Mysteries Incorporated and then drop off the series again.
I've seen parts of it but it seemed way too high school-y. I assume that's not a big part of it?

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I remember it being the best and most terrifying Scooby-Doo movie. This looks meh.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Original zombie island was my favorite as a kid but this not looking like the old one has me at 0 interest, also for some reason I can never get Daphne's "who OPENED the window" quote out of my mind lol shit will just pop into my mind every now and then.