• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
It's easily the worst game I've played so far this year, I enjoyed CD 1&2 but this entry didn't really bring anything new to the table. It's just so average in every way and to me it felt like a game I'd already play some 10 years or so ago.

Kazooie5659

Nov 6, 2017
Edmonton
You are absolutely right that scores don't matter.

You are absolutely wrong that Crackdown 3 is anything remotely close to a good game. It's not bad because it's "dated" or "archaic", it's bad because it's not good.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Crackdown 3 is easily the best in the series based off of movement alone. There was another big game that came out around the time crackdown came out and I kept finding must returning g to crack down. Shit was just fun. Run, jump, throw down your launcher, destroy everything with your rockets. I still have to finish it.

Don't believe the lies above my post.
If a game is fun, it's good, end of story.
It's no 90, it's no 80
But it's a a fun as fuck 75 and last time I looked that still a passing grade.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've enjoyed a bunch of games that got low scores to the point they made my favourite lists.

I agree with all of their low scores, though.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
When the general consensus of a game is that it isn't very good it doesn't mean that there's something wrong with enjoying it. It also doesn't mean that somebody enjoying it proves the general consensus wrong.
The point I'll agree on is that although I don't think it's entirely the point OP was making is "scores" not mattering. People need to stop being obsessed with the numerical value attributed to a games quality and actually read the review, even an unfavourable review can provide information on the game that the reader could still find appealing and push them towards a purchase.
Eurogamer had it right when they dropped review scores.

Last edited:

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
You're entitled to like a game enough to be your personal game of the year and that same game can be a burning trash fire. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I agree, every point i saw in the review was about how it didnt feel modern enough and argued that games like these no longer have as much value. The aesthetic of crackdown 3 doesnt feel lazy or unintentional, it feels like people liked games from that era and realized nothing is like that any more.

The improvements theyve made to movement seem extremely good and iron out some issues the first game had, while basically preserving the same feel. Maybe the whole pricing argument has some weight to it, but overall the whole situation made reviewers in general seem pretty boring.

And like its fine, i dont think they're faking their opinions. They just seem pretty homogenous. And thats probably not really healthy for the industry

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Scores don't matter, just play what you like.

Recently I made an RTTP thread saying why I like State of Decay 2 so much. A 67 metacritic game.

(crackdown 3 is still dogshit tho, IMO, so I disagree)

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
It does get a bit repetitive after a while but yeah, the game is really fun. I imagine it'll end up being one of those games that is remembered somewhat fondly over time. It's definitely a pretty great homage to the original Crackdown.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I love Crackdown 3, but I wouldn't look at anyone sideways for giving it the score that it tended to get from reviewers.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scores shouldn't matter when purchasing a game but CD3 absolutely deserves the scores it got. It's a painfully mediocre game that borders on pure trash and the fact it was in development so long and turned out the way it did is embarrassing and a kick in the teeth of people waiting so long for it.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Crackdown 3 was one of the best polished bad game in recent years. It's not that it design was archaic. It was just plain bad. I would say Crackdown is much better game

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
If it wasn't for The Witcher 3 back in 2015, Mad Max would have been my game of the year so if you love Crackdown 3, that's all that should matter.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
Crackdown 3 is goty I laugh everytime people mention Sekiro and RE2 as potential goty winners when we all know that Crackdown 3 is the clear winner, might as well beat God of war with most awards ever

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I was pretty disappointed in it and don't think it's a good game, but people enjoying it isn't something anyone should be losing sleep over.

It's okay to like bad games.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Reviews are just someone's opinion anyway, I never pay any attention to them. There are games that score low that I like and some that score high that I'd rather be beat with a crowbar than to play.

Oct 31, 2017
I personally thought it was mediocre but people are free to like what they like and a score shouldn't stop anyone from buying and enjoin a game. I've liked games in the past that didn't score well myself. Though I have to laugh at the idea of Crackdown 3 being remotely considered as a GOTY lol.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Scores don't matter, but yeah that game is the definition of mediocre. I had fun for the first two hours but it became so damn monotonous. And that final boss, wow. Almost didn't finish it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, every point i saw in the review was about how it didnt feel modern enough and argued that games like these no longer have as much value. The aesthetic of crackdown 3 doesnt feel lazy or unintentional, it feels like people liked games from that era and realized nothing is like that any more.

The improvements theyve made to movement seem extremely good and iron out some issues the first game had, while basically preserving the same feel. Maybe the whole pricing argument has some weight to it, but overall the whole situation made reviewers in general seem pretty boring.

And like its fine, i dont think they're faking their opinions. They just seem pretty homogenous. And thats probably not really healthy for the industry
Or .. the flaws were overt and all the reviewers picked up on them because they were so obvious.

Stopped reading your post when the first sentence ended with fam, but yeah scores don't matter. I guess I was hoping people don't need to be told that, but yeah having your own opinion is ok fam.

What is wrong with the word 'fam' exactly?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to enjoy Crackdown 3 more but the game just feels by the numbers.

Rather like how Sumo handled LBP3. It's more of the save, but without the spark.

Heck, in many ways Agents of Mayhem done a better job of trying to bring a Crackdown sort of game to the current generation, and that's saying something.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
CD3 is the Knack of the Xbone: I think it's amazing and all the critics think it's shit. Oh well!

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Enjoyment is internal, and entirely on the player, regardless of 'quality' of a product. I enjoy taco bell a hell of a lot despite it being garbage food.

I dislike sekiro despite it being a clearly well made game.

Enjoyment is entirely internal, and you can enjoy a thing as much as you like regardless of other people's opinions on it.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
I didnt like Crackdown 3 much and I gave it an honest shot. I tend to keep an open mind with review scores, last year two of my favorite games were Darksiders 3 and Vampyr even though critics didnt exactly love them.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
šŸ˜
CD3 alone trounces everything Sony and Nintendo have put out in the past 30 years. It's amazing how MS were able to reinvigorate the medium with CD3 when Sony and Nintendo couldn't with their titles or machines even though they've been in the business longer than MS. Bless Phil and Xbox. I can always count on them for pure fun.

Y'all can continue playing your stale third person tree walking simulators and fat plumbers buggin on shrooms while humping turtles for the hundredth time.