• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/de...leonardo-dicaprio-martin-scorsese-1203135780/

Hulu is developing a series based on the book "The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed America" by Erik Larson.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese will executive produce the project along with Stacey Sher, Rick Yorn, Emma Koskoff, and Jennifer Davisson. Paramount Television will produce.

"The Devil in the White City" tells true story of two men, an architect and a serial killer, whose fates were forever linked by The Chicago World's Fair of 1893: Daniel H. Burnham, a brilliant and fastidious architect racing to mark his mark on the world and Henry H. Holmes, a handsome and cunning doctor who fashioned his own pharmaceutical "Murder Castle" on the fair grounds.

Still interested in this, but a little disappointed now that it won't be a full-fledged Scorsese movie with DiCaprio leading. Although hopefully Scorsese is still involved to direct at least a few episodes, or maybe even all if it's a limited series.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, really loved the book. I remember when I read it, thinking to myself, "This can't possibly have happened this way..." And... well, it did.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I have about 100 pages to spare in this book, maybe less, but everything I read was great. Admittedly my interest would wane whenever the author went into increasing detail of the landscape at the time - which was often - and I always pictured what I was reading to be perfect for TV. Can't wait.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Did anyone else read this as "Devil in the White House"?

I was confused as I was reading the description.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
As a huge fan of the book, and strangely, more the architects part than the murder part, im incredibly dissapointed this isnt going to be a movie, and that they are going to use shitty hulu that doesnt exist in the majority of the planet (at least use netflix).

But at the same time maybe it works better than a movie, theres a ton of things that i dont know if it would have been well translated into movie format. The bad thing is that I dont know how I will be able to watch it.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I read that as "Devil in the White House"

"Oh, a Trump movie by Scorsese," I thought.

Disappointed that it wasn't... and yet still intrigued by the real series.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Loved the book, it's been a few years so I should really reread it. I think it'll make for great TV!