• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Initially found on Twitter and mentioned in the subreddit, people have seemingly found out that Scott Cawthon has been donating to various Republicans, both in the past and recently.
More details on it here

The list of notables include:

Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Tommy Tubberville, Kevin McCarthy. Ben Carson, Tulsi Gabbard

Apparently the source was deleted due to fear of people doxing the original source of the info. Scott hasn't said anything either.

This is naturally causing rifts in the community.

EDIT: OpenSecrets source

EDIT 2: He has retired

Last edited:

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't expect him not to. I assumed as much when it was said that he's religious and the way it was mentioned when I read it years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
american white evangelicals overwhelmingly vote and donate republican

im just saying its not surprising

that's fair, meant more as a concept but when you're talking about American Christianity it's so heavily tied with politics that I can see why you'd make that connection. Because everyone knows Jesus was a white conservative confederate flag waving pick up truck driving shot gun toting constitution loving dude.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand the phenomenon of getting caught up in the Trump grift but I know it's a real thing. But I cannot fathom why anyone would donate to the turtle.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he make like pro-life and biblical games? not trying to generalize but yeah lol not surprising

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll steer clear of this "Five Nights At Friday's" property... is it like the TGI Friday's restaurant?

Magnet

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused on the listing of $5,000 to candidate McConnell, Mitch (R). I thought the limit on an individual's contribution to each candidate per election is $2,800. There are higher limits for committees, but Mitch McConnell would be a candidate.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
It's good to have the information out there still, but yeah, personally not surprising considering the kind of stuff he was making pre-FNAF.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
On principal, no, but it's hard to imagine anyone making Christian games solo in America not being of the more republican bent.
Not Christian games but Christian developers made That Dragon Cancer (Ryan Green) and Dropsy and Hypnospace Outlaw (Jay Tholen), and they don't seem like full on evangelical Republicans. Just wanted to give an example to some exceptions. Of course there's the POS Doug TenNapel.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Never played his any games. Guess I will never or any of his future endeavors. Fuck him. Hope Playstation / Sony drop any marketing deals they had with him.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Didn't he make like pro-life and biblical games? not trying to generalize but yeah lol not surprising
i was looking into it and yeah he made some biblical games but his first game on steam was called the desolate hope (which somehow i own) and is, in his words, about saving a fetus

im not going to say its a pro life game per se, ive never played it, and just because something has to do with saving a fetus doesnt inherently make it pro life

you can definitely see how it might be though!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I think he was feeling extra racist on 8/18 and 8/19 because he donated $32,399 to Republicans lmao tf
that was during the Democratic National Convention, Biden was officially selected on the 18th iirc

there was a lot of news surrounding that both dem and repub donations went up big after the DNC virtual conference was being well received

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voting for Mitch McConnel in 2020 is absolute brain worms. He's incredibly lucky his terrible religious games were nightmare fuel and leaning into that nightmare is the only claim to fame he has.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Also, Tulsi Gabbard is barely a Democrat. She was basically feared as the Trump of the left that was going to try to stay in the race and go third party to spoil the election for Biden. There's a VERY specific reason he donated to her on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.