• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
(Thread TItle should read Fox News. Mods could you please change it?)

CINCINNATI — It might not be good for business to mock Fox News viewers.

Many on social media have vowed never to buy the multi-pocketed vests sold by SCOTTeVEST due to a now-deleted post from the founder and former CEO Scott Jordan.

Jordan appeared on the third season of CNBC's Shark Tank in 2012 with his vests designed to hold phones, iPads and other modern-day essentials.

He called Fox News viewers gullible and idiots in the Facebook post.

A blog devoted to the television show Shark Tank on Friday posted a screen grab from Scott Jordan's Facebook page.

Jordan, in the post, was recounting how many people tell him they see his ads on Fox News.

"I laugh to myself, and tell them that we primarily advertise on Fox because we find their viewership to be extremely gullible and much easier to sell than other networks," Jordan wrote in the post.

He added in the post: "I get to tell them they are (expletive) idiots while getting rich off them."

The Ketchum, Idaho-based company quickly distanced itself from the comments, noting Jordan stepped down in 2017.

In an emailed statement to The Cincinnati Enquirer and posted on the company's website, SCOTTeVEST spokesman Luke Lappala said the company strongly disagrees with Jordan's views.

"We are extremely sorry for his unacceptable comments," Lappala said in the statement. "Mr. Jordan's post was impulsive and inappropriate for too many reasons to list, and rightfully offended so many people."

According to the same Shark Tank blog, Jordan apologized, asked for forgiveness and wrote he appreciated "all our customers very, very much, and any attempt at humor by me to suggest otherwise was simply wrong."

Jordan could not be reached for comment.

The damage may already be done. Fox News viewers online have called for a boycott.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-idiots-now-company-faces-boycott/1056268001/

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
He's not wrong, and he's not the only person to think it, but you're not much smarter if you let people know you're using that against them. What someone may lack in intelligence, they make up for in pride. Insult that pride and you've lost them forever.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does he still hold a stake or something? If he stepped down why is this an issue?

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why people say anything inflammatory online that they may not want seen. You can delete it, but by that point, it doesn't matter.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It's really annoying to see how organized conservatives are at stuff like this.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Its been several years since i watched tv, are there still constant cash for gold ads? The amount of gold and coins my fox viewing father in law bought is crazy, but don't know if that's typical.

Super Amikami

Oct 28, 2017
That's a horribly inappropriate and unprofessional thing to say about the people who are most supporting your product. A lot of us don't like Fox News but making that generalization was gunna be bad for business. The company is just as much an idiot.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Hell hath no fury like a Fox News viewer scorned.

That ain't even a joke. They might be dumb but they make a shit-ton of noise when upset.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Hell hath no fury like a Fox News viewer scorned.

That ain't even a joke. They might be dumb but they make a shit-ton of noise when upset.

This is the god-damned unfortunate truth. For all the talk about blue waves and dwindling bases, never forget this network is powerful and its viewers are dumb, vocal, and committed.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
He's not wrong. Fox News viewers will believe anything that network says. It makes sense to advertise there*. Of course the first rule of business is that you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

*Given they choice I probably wouldn't, though, because it would go against my personal morals. You need to draw a line somewhere.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Him and Hillary dropping truth tsunamis. If there's one thing humans dislike, it's the cold hard truths. This is going to hurt him unfortunately.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I laugh to myself, and tell them that we primarily advertise on Fox because we find their viewership to be extremely gullible and much easier to sell than other networks.

I get to tell them they are (expletive) idiots while getting rich off them

I mean, basically the thinking of most of their 'talent'. except they don't say it out loud

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem with mocking Fox News viewers, but his statements seem to imply that people that buy the product in general are naive and that they are being swindled/tricked into making the purchases:
"I laugh to myself, and tell them that we primarily advertise on Fox because we find their viewership to be extremely gullible and much easier to sell than other networks,"
He added in the post: "I get to tell them they are (expletive) idiots while getting rich off them."

That shows a bit of disdain for all of his customers, IMO.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
LMAO.

Ben Ferguson
January 18 at 9:51am ·
He underestimated us, and now it's time to pay the piper. Spread the word about this clown, let's make sure their company never gets a single penny out of us again.

CEO Says He Advertises on Fox News Because Viewers Are 'F***ing Idiots' — Now He's Paying the Price
Bad move.
DIGITALPOLITICALNEWS.COM
866 Likes515 Comments879 Shares

No, sorry guy, he already made millions off of you buy selling you this shit:

travel-vest-for-men-by-scottevest.jpg
521104-scottevest-otg-jacket.jpg

No wonder you all buy taint wipes from alex jones so the gay frog bombs wont contaminate the water source.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We saw how well the Starbucks boycott did. Be worried you'll need to open up another savings accoint, vest company.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
It's really annoying to see how organized conservatives are at stuff like this.

Maybe the total cognitive dissonance gripping every aspect of their lives gives them the power to stand up and unite against such hateful injustices coming from former Shark Tank contestants, coffee maker manufacturers, or even Pam from The Office's vaguely political tweets.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
They're doing it wrong, they're supposed to throw the jackets out of their windows like Keurigs.

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw that add for the first time I had to pause and get my wife to check it out. What a joke of a product. Just seemed like an snl parody commercial. So I can see where this guy would believe this about the fox audience. Saying or typing it out is obviously bad, hah.