• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GfLl8Owh.jpg

What has every zombie movie since the days of George Romero been missing? That's right, entire moments of characters breaking out into original and catchy musical numbers!

We know it sounds kinda weird, but that's the premise of Anna and the Apocalypse, a Christmas-themed movie that's got everything you could want: Yuletide cheer, zombies, and La La Land-esque moments of musical expression. Indeed, FirstShowing.net described the film as a mixture of Damien Chazelle's Oscar-winning film and Edgar Wright's Shaun of the Dead. We'd go one step further and add that there's definitely some Zombieland influence in there as well.

More at: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/trail...als-the-christmaszombiemusical-mashup-we-need

Mock if old

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Orion Pictures? Fwah?

I'll have to check it out for that alone.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The full movie is on Hulu? Or the short that inspired it? Sad story behind the creation of this. I wanted to see it last weekend but didn't have the chance. Hopefully in a few days.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I meant the creation of Anna and the Apocalypse. It's an expanded version of the short film Zombie Musical written and directed by Ryan McHenry (the creator of the Vine series about Ryan Gosling eating cereal, if anyone remembers that...). He died of cancer in 2015 so he never got to see the full feature come to fruition. It was basically finished by his friends as a tribute. Which is great! But bittersweet.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Saw it. My friends really liked it, I liked it less and thought it was a decent watch. Story was fine but the music didn't really do it for me. It's enjoyable and a refreshing take on the myriad of Christmas and zombie movies we have out.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Yep, it is on Hulu now, lol.

This is a very bleak film, not half as fun as SotD.

And the musical elements are very High School Musical inspired. That's not high praise.

Best song is definitely Soldier of War.