• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Is it crazy to let a small budget foreign producer option your script that's had interest here and there but never came together largely because people thought the budget was too high to make? My gut reaction is yes but I'm curious what more seasoned people think.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it crazy to let a small budget foreign producer option your script that's had interest here and there but never came together largely because people thought the budget was too high to make? My gut reaction is yes but I'm curious what more seasoned people think.

If you feel you've hit a wall then that's probably a good path to go, some things just wont' come together otherwise, just be sure you retain your rights to the script and don't just sell it off.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need anymore competition.
Aside from talent and tenacity, relationships are the most important part of this business. I get feeling this kind of scarcity mentality that makes some writers want to be secretive. But telling that poster where you submitted isn't going to take anything away from you.

Bbsting120

Jan 26, 2019
Ok having a bit of a panic. I've used rawscripts.com for a bit to work on various projects. The site has been down for days now and no info online about it/no reply to email. Am I screwed?! Anyone know anything? I'd downloaded some more completed ones but the most recent thing I was working on I didn't 🤦‍♂️

update: literally after I posted the site was up again, sooo Nevermind. Downloading everything and using a new program from now one

activepassive

Oct 28, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Been working nonstop on my first feature screenplay and its revisions and have it slimmed down from 153 pages to 120, and have worked out a ton of the kinks, and now have it entered in a bunch of contests and am starting to work connections I have. I feel really good about it, but we'll just have to see what happens. First professional coverage I got back on it, they basically gave it an 8 and said it was solid and also had them crying through the last 20 pages (what I'm going for), so I'm feeling really good. Hoping to get more good feedback in the near future. Here's to hoping!