• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure the is also gonna be the first SD Gundam to be on steam(even though it will be region locked).

Last edited:

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be optimistic but just looking at the line up makes me sigh....

Bamco please give us decent gundam game.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
They're all chibi (or whatever it's called, I can't keep up) and I can't tell what the gameplay is like. I guess I should know better by now that Gundam games just aren't ever going to be the kind I want to play.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
They're all chibi (or whatever it's called, I can't keep up) and I can't tell what the gameplay is like. I guess I should know better by now that Gundam games just aren't ever going to be the kind I want to play.

Super Deformed, that's where SD comes from.

And remember, if you're looking for UC, check out SD Gundam G Generation Genesis:

• Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Gundam I
  • MSV
  • MS-X
  • M-MSV
  • MSV-R
  • Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War
  • Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079
  • Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Gravity Front
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: The Blue Destiny
  • Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front 0079
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Space, To the End of A Flash
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079
  • Harmony of Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Bonds of the Battlefield
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Greed
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Phantom Bullet
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation
  • Z-MSV
  • Gundam Neo Experience 0087: Green Divers
  • Advance of Zeta: The Flag of Titans
  • Gundam Sentinel
  • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
  • CCA-MSV
  • Mobile Suit Gundam UC
  • UC-MSV
  • SD Gundam World Gachapon Senshi Scramble Wars
  • SD Gundam GX
  • G Generation Series
  • Other Gundam game works

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
Super happy for Wing representation but man could they cut down on SEED and add G Gundam to this?

The thing I noticed about the Genesis (The game before it), you need a lot of filler mechs. Seed is basically UC in terms of filler mechs. If UC is missing from this, Seed is that gap to be filled.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I noticed about the Genesis (The game before it), you need a lot of filler mechs. Seed is basically UC in terms of filler mechs. If UC is missing from this, Seed is that gap to be filled.
It's also why it makes sense that G isn't present, since that doesn't really give you much to work with.

No X or Turn A sucks, though.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
I would appreciate the list of Gundams (appropriately spoiler-tagged, of course) which will make their appearance in the game if anyone has it on-hand. Thanks! :-)

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
It's also why it makes sense that G isn't present, since that doesn't really give you much to work with.

No X or Turn A sucks, though.

X really is the one that honestly gets shafted the most. I am surprised they just don't include it in the UC games, since it uses a lot of the same concepts. I want to mention something about Turn A but it might be spoilers.

BobZhn

Nov 17, 2017
SE Asia
Aside from the animated cutscenes, not a single in-game screen shown in the video.

IBO's not in my favourite list, and no UC at all ? Char's rolling in his grave...

But its on Steam finally, so will support Bamco's effort.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
SRPG, you move a unit from one tile to another one, then attack the enemy with the choosen weapon. Then there will be animation of that attack (optional).

Story-wise, it's mostly a recreation of various timelines of Gundam shows.
Is this a first? Seems like gundam should have it's own srpg franchise outside of srw

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Is this a first? Seems like gundam should have it's own srpg franchise outside of srw
As above said, it's been around since forever. But it's only recently that we have English translation, and they've never been published in the West. So this might be lots of people's first (or second) SD Gundam Generation game.

Aside from the animated cutscenes, not a single in-game screen shown in the video.

IBO's not in my favourite list, and no UC at all ? Char's rolling in his grave...

But its on Steam finally, so will support Bamco's effort.
It'll probably look like the previous game. They never hold back when it comes to assets reuse.

SD-Gundam-G-Generation-Genesis-Screenshot-2.jpg

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
New Gundam Breaker got Steam and US/Europe release so I don't see why this will be any different.
Because New Gundam Breaker was confirmed to release specifically for the West as well as JP/Asia, while this is only confirmed to release for JP/Asia in English (for now). Obviously it can change in the upcoming months, here's hoping it gets confirmed instead of being region locked.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
As to why it may get region locked, the only guess that I have might be the songs that they use in the game? Which is also why the G music thing from New Gundam Breaker was not made available in the west

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Gundam Breaker 3 only had Asian English release.
GB3 did not have a western release
Really? I always thought it had due to how popular it is. I guess there's still a chance after all. We'll get the answer as soon as the Steam page goes live.

Wait, it's in the description:
The G Generation series saw its 20th anniversary in 2018. The latest work, SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays, features characters and Mobile Suits from the Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans series. The game is slated for release in 2019 for the PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, and STEAM® in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Indonesia).

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I hate how this and the last game are significantly worse in terms of units compared to previous games. Gonna skip on this and continue to recommend the games that came out before the last one.
Like seriously, how hard is it to have every show represented like you had it on the damn psp.
2 gundam games in a row where the games are gimped compared to previous versions.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ugh I hate how this and the last game are significantly worse in terms of units compared to previous games. Gonna skip on this and continue to recommend the games that came out before the last one.
Like seriously, how hard is it to have every show represented like you had it on the damn psp.
2 gundam games in a row where the games are gimped compared to previous versions.
Both games also have English sub/translation. It kinda makes sense now if we tie that with the game's budget.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
As to why it may get region locked, the only guess that I have might be the songs that they use in the game? Which is also why the G music thing from New Gundam Breaker was not made available in the west
The special music versions of any of Bamco's games never leave Japan. Just look at the SRWs. No special sound version for SEA, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, or any other region.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, they sure fucked up by region locking the PC version to Asia.

That said, if you're complaining about the roster in this game, remember that they're moving to a new 3D game engine.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably end up getting it anyway but not a ton of interest from me. Half the featured series here I watched ~5 episodes of then dropped, the other half I haven't seen in over 15 years. Nice that they can work out an English switch version, shame Genesis never got it. Hopefully this looks/performs a bit better.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The last one I played was Spirits on PS2. I liked the evolution system of the game to get new units. I'm glad they are porting this to PC, but the Seed focus on this one is a big turn off.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
THey are redoing animations and sprites for the Full HD era. That's why the previous game was only UC main works. And this one is focusing on 4 large Sub universes. They are covering all their bases to create all the new assets and animations. These games have literally thousands of animations and sprites and models per title. They are pretty ridiculous in scope.

So i'll fully suppport this, because the end product is damn large and pretty great. I love the franchise. The idea of it getting an STEAM release makes my heart warm.

I want more of these games, and im sure the sales from the Asia English release made the Steam version a reality. So now, i'll support this so the NEXT game will be even bigger with probably a mix of the missing UC and Extended universes.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The last one I played was Spirits on PS2. I liked the evolution system of the game to get new units. I'm glad they are porting this to PC, but the Seed focus on this one is a big turn off.

SEED is mega popular in Japan so we are never getting away from it. 00 as well.

Actually in this game they essentially took the 4 more popular Extended world stories. With Wing, SEED and IBO... the good part is that there are also a bunch of side stories in there, so we are getting a ton of new Suits to play around with.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
The concern is justified because SD Gundam G Generation (and Super Robot Wars) games never got a Western release. Gundam Breaker games did, so it's a different case.
I guess one sliver of hope is that SRW's excuse is the licensing hell that it would take to get a non-OG SRW over here even after they started getting released in english. Hopefully they can get around that for Cross Rays, even if they didn't bother with Genesis.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the direction this game is going: focuse on small numbers of series but include every single unit from them. In the old games, it's nice that we got good coverage from entire Gundam universe but at the same time it's also disappointing that we only got a handful of MSs from each series.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the direction this game is going: focuse on small numbers of series but include every single unit from them. In the old games, it's nice that we got good coverage from entire Gundam universe but at the same time it's also disappointing that we only got a handful of MSs from each series.
The AU's need the side stories to fill out the upgrade trees I guess. If you stuck to just the TV series/movies your main units will get only 1 or two upgrades.

Part of the fun with the UC units is you can do crazy shit like start with a Zaku and upgrade it all the way to a Quin Mantha or something ridiculous.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Is there some form of carryover from having Genesis?

Having to grind all these suits again... phew..