• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
@33:29

This quite good imo. Probably full crossplay with no limit is helping with that.

Mod Edit:
Please do not derail threads into a discussion about the UWP/Windows Store platform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
It's actually sad to see so many people supporting UWP and the Windows Store in it's current state. It seems that many people want it to become a success, despite the ridiculous prices, policies and restrictions.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they'd sell a non-crossplay version on Steam, think it being on Windows Store will put people off.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Did they already correct these numbers for grandmas who installed it from the Windows Store and pressed play by accident? Used to be a big concern for Steam too.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Question: if I buy this digitally on the One X, can I play it on my PC while my kid plays it on my One X with his linked family account?

Or would me being logged on the PC block out his account on my One X?

We want to play together, but I don't want to buy two copies of it.

Just curuous.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
It's actually sad to see so many people supporting UWP and the Windows Store in it's current state. It seems that many people want it to become a success, despite the ridiculous prices, policies and restrictions.

I think a lot of people will attest how atrocious of an experience the W10 store is when the pre-order beta first started.

Having to pre-order the game off amazon instead of the store itself just to circumvent a day long issue was unacceptable. Not to mention the confusing apps and bad pricing as you said.

If they just put the game on Steam as a priority like they eventually did for KI more of my friends would want to try the game out.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

Don't quote me, this is just my understanding of how it typically works with sharing via Live. If you want to play at the same time, you're not going to have simultaneous license access on two separate boxes.

Sub-accounts are easy to make and resolve any issues AFAIK.

Last edited:

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
I think MS is hoping that most people won't care. If you look at their plans for Windows with Windows 10S and their hardware rollout with stuff like Andromeda, UWP is de facto standard.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of people will attest how atrocious of an experience the W10 store is when the pre-order beta first started.

Having to pre-order the game off amazon instead of the store itself just to circumvent a day long issue was unacceptable. Not to mention the confusing apps and bad pricing as you said.

If they just put the game on Steam as a priority like they eventually did for KI more of my friends would want to try the game out.

If you listen to the latest Podcast Unlocked, Craig Duncan explained why that screwed up. It was allegedly not the store, but rather how Rare tied the entitlement to access—to the extra preorder bonus stuff you got. That caused the issues. (He didn't say why, AFAIK.)

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Question: if I buy this digitally on the One X, can I play it on my PC while my kid plays it on my One X with his linked family account?

Or would me being logged on the PC block out his account on my One X?

We want to play together, but I don't want to buy two copies of it.

Just curuous.
If youre using two live accounts there shouldnt be a problem.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

We have no choice but to use what the game is being presented on. Iam not going to not play a game because of the store. I have luckily not had an issue with the store, not denying it's problems because I've seen it first hand with others, but that's just how it has been for me. With gamepass Iam getting the PC version for what feels like free so it's hard to complain.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
That's great news. I'm still rubbish at it though despite getting help on here.

It would also be great if this doesn't turn into yet another UWP thread.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Please do not derail threads into a discussion about the UWP/Windows Store platform.
You can make your own thread to discuss the issues you feel are present with the platform.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

(Not) surprisingly, most gamers desire to play a fun videogame outweigh irrational hatred for a bloody online store. It's not about supporting a file format or a store. People just want to play damn fun pirate games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
It's an Xbox Play Anywhere game, so yeah, I'm gonna get it. I wouldn't call it "supporting" though.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God forbid people play what they like despite what platform it's on. I got 5 of my friends to preorder the game on W10 because they loved the beta so much.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium

Same here. But if so many PC gamers are accepting the Windows Store anyway, there's no chance this game will ever come to Steam. In fact, it will only encourage Microsoft and other devs to use the UWP + Windows Store combo as well.

I think MS is hoping that most people won't care. If you look at their plans for Windows with Windows 10S and their hardware rollout with stuff like Andromeda, UWP is de facto standard.

Exactly. Microsoft wants to merge PC gaming with Xbox gaming, using UWP, Xbox Live and the Windows Store. I have already mentioned in other threads why that shouldn't happen.

People want to play a great and very unique game. I think it's as easy as that.

And by doing that, these people are actually supporting Microsofts efforts to turn PC gaming into console gaming. GG guys!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I tried doing this in the closed beta, but it wouldn't let me log in on both pc and Xbox at the same time :(

You need to have the account that purchased the game as the main one in your Xbox, then change account on the console, while the other players uses the first account on pc.

Both players can't login with the same account at the same time

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
So what games are included in GamePass for PC? Kinda confusing on the Xbox site. If it's 10 bucks for this + Recore and more, I'm gonna give it a try.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Thats great news, as a big fan of Play Anywhere I think they have almost got their store together (in my experience at least) I do thing SoT will be its biggest test.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Omg does he wear a "one arm tatto shirt"?
This really bothers me.

I played the alpha on Xbox, but beta was Pc for me, too.

Last edited:

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Every thread. If anything I want to see it succeed just to see you implode.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
https://youtu.be/kaCWxjK3Pa0?t=522

Interesting that he says that there isn't an overarching DRM. It's just the Windows Store. (Not to derail, but just interesting, I guess he means stuff like Denuvo)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what games are included in GamePass for PC? Kinda confusing on the Xbox site. If it's 10 bucks for this + Recore and more, I'm gonna give it a try.
Only Xbox Play Anywhere titles that are in Game Pass are playable on Windows 10 pcs.
Off the top of my head, Sea of Thieves, ReCore, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2 are all the XPA titles on Game Pass (that I can think of). And of course more coming.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome and better than I would have expected.

I just subscribed to Game Pass yesterday to get ready for Sea of Thieves on PC

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think a big contributer is the exposure to the pc audience on twitch.
Thats why i say for some time now thats a good idea to have your game also on PC. The biggest and most streamers are PC players. And with them having a option to play it also you reach a bigger audience for "free".

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yes of couse. You can't play the same game with same account simultaneously. How would that work?
You can only play one game at a time.

You can however set up a home console and use a secondary live account or guest account and play with your regular account on PC.

As this game is online only you can't play with a different account that does not own the game license on PC.
For offline games that works if your PC is set for offline play.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty impressive, especially with the storefront it's on and the games pre-release material mostly only showing an Xbox One case. I can't imagine that percentage skewing any further towards Windows 10 with the full launch.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty impressive, especially with the storefront it's on and the games pre-release material mostly only showing an Xbox One case. I can't imagine that percentage skewing any further towards Windows 10 with the full launch.
Just a matter of time until Microsoft PC audiences exceeds those of Xbox One. The total addressable market is just so much bigger.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I can play with my daughter on PC while she is on X1X. (just like Minecraft). If that is the case, this will be our new go to game.

I tried doing this in the closed beta, but it wouldn't let me log in on both pc and Xbox at the same time :(

Log in on PC with the account that purchased the game, your daughter (or whoever) logs in on your home Xbox with her own gamertag and you can both play together without having to buy a second copy of the game.

Recore, Halo Wars 2 and maybe Gears 4 but I'm not sure about the last one.