• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's actually sad to see so many people supporting UWP and the Windows Store in it's current state. It seems that many people want it to become a success, despite the ridiculous prices, policies and restrictions.

I hear this sentiment and others all the time yet I have never experienced any technical issues outside the player base for some multiplatform games. Is it perfect? No but some of you act like Satan himself designed it to steal your souls.

I have bought multiple games on it and I like the fact that it's pretty much impossible currently to mod games like COD and Gears so your not Constantly playing against modders

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
UWP will get better over time.

Wasn't too long ago that Origin launched and everyone hated it.

Now it's a Steam clone.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is amazing how this game has 0 hype 1 month ago, now I'm curious on what SoD2 or Crackdown 3 could deliver

Log in on PC with the account that purchased the game, your daughter (or whoever) logs in on your home Xbox with her own gamertag and you can both play together without having to buy a second copy of the game.

Recore, Halo Wars 2 and maybe Gears 4 but I'm not sure about the last one.

Gears 4 is there. Also the first Halo Wars and Zoo Tycoon

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
This is the first time my friends are interested in a Windows 10 Store game. One even received a free Gears of War 4 code with his videocard but never used it.

Is amazing how this game has 0 hype 1 month ago, now I'm curious on what SoD2 or Crackdown 3 could deliver

Gears 4 is there. Also the first Halo Wars and Zoo Tycoon

I couldn't get Halo Wars '1' working. That game isn't Play Anywhere is it?

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Same here. But if so many PC gamers are accepting the Windows Store anyway, there's no chance this game will ever come to Steam. In fact, it will only encourage Microsoft and other devs to use the UWP + Windows Store combo as well.

Exactly. Microsoft wants to merge PC gaming with Xbox gaming, using UWP, Xbox Live and the Windows Store. I have already mentioned in other threads why that shouldn't happen.

And by doing that, these people are actually supporting Microsofts efforts to turn PC gaming into console gaming. GG guys!

You have always failed to properly explain why it's a bad thing, specially since there are people that like the proposition.

To quote yourself: "PC gaming is about being an open platform". That includes those that want a more console like experience, and who are you to say they shouldn't get what they want?

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hear this sentiment and others all the time yet I have never experienced any technical issues outside the player base for some multiplatform games. Is it perfect? No but some of you act like Satan himself designed it to steal your souls.

I have bought multiple games on it and I like the fact that it's pretty much impossible currently to mod games like COD and Gears so your not Constantly playing against modders
Same

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will be the first major app that will bring in people by the truckloads to the Windows Store I think, so I bet Satya is excited.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
In their 36 year or so history, it's Rare's first game for Windows. Pretty cool.

Haven't heard many complaints about game performance either, seems like they did a good job.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
In their 36 year or so history, it's Rare's first game for Windows. Pretty cool.

Haven't heard many complaints about game performance either, seems like they did a good job.

Yeah. Check the whole vid in the OP. They talk about the whole PC process.
The PC version is not a port either wich is great. It got build right next to the Xbox version for about a year now.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually sad to see so many people supporting UWP and the Windows Store in it's current state. It seems that many people want it to become a success, despite the ridiculous prices, policies and restrictions.
I'd hardly call it "many people supporting the store" until we see people actually willing to pay full price for it.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
There's also retention to consider... That's what I'm really looking forward to seeing, it'll be my measure of whether I'll buy the game. That and finding a good group to play with.
Just a matter of time until Microsoft PC audiences exceeds those of Xbox One. The total addressable market is just so much bigger.
Well yeah, there is a large market, but I don't think the Windows Store has the kind of mindshare for something like that to happen. Like, what is the intersection of "core PC gamers who aren't hyper-aware of game news" (I.E. Not on here, or reddit, etc.) and "People who check the Windows Store every day"? What is Microsoft going to do to try and make the Windows Store become associated with getting PC games? And are they going to take any measures to make the store and ecosystem more stable before that, or risk making stories of things not working becoming more prevalent?

Oct 31, 2017

If people on pc wanna play the game they'll use windows store as there is no other option. It's as simple as that. I know I wouldn't want to miss out on the game just because Microsoft are trying to push their store front.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I was actually thinking about so many people I have seen playing it on PC, and complaining about how Windows Store would make the game to fail, and how awful it is. Is like... you are playing it on PC and having fun! why are you complaining?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd hardly call it "many people supporting the store" until we see people actually willing to pay full price for it.

Do we have actual data though? Microsoft is always incredible ambiguous about his numbers, specially with the "MAU" thing that they always pull.

I'm sure that Steam obviously trumps the W10 store, but we don't really know how many people use the Windows store exclusively and without problems/don't care.
Just to use anecdotical evidence since I can't provide hard data, I have a friend who is your typical PC master race/Consoles are for idiots who always purchases the latest MS game, and I'm sure that he is not alone.

At least at this point I believe that Microsoft is fine with their Play Anywhere initiative, obviously their next step is trying to reach leadership on the market or an respectable spot within it, and for better or worse there is people who are fine with it

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
UWP will get better over time.

Wasn't too long ago that Origin launched and everyone hated it.

Now it's a Steam clone.
giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
This might be the first game from MS in years that I'm actually excited for. I will wait for reviews but want to pick it up on PC to play with friends on XB1.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually thinking about so many people I have seen playing it on PC, and complaining about how Windows Store would make the game to fail, and how awful it is. Is like... you are playing it on PC and having fun! why are you complaining?

Console warring is for noobs, intra-PC fights are where it's at.
/s

Jokes aside, it's nice there's PC interest, but even if the game fails to have a playerbase on PC it doesn't matter because it's crossplay anyway. That's a good scenario to have and should not make buying the game a risk.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
/s

Jokes aside, it's nice there's PC interest, but even if the game fails to have a playerbase on PC it doesn't matter because it's crossplay anyway. That's a good scenario to have and should not make buying the game a risk.

Game Pass is further insulation from that risk, IMO.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

I was worried for a moment there that since they had the Alpha testing going on all year and didn't allow anyone to talk about it (NDA) that maybe they were mismanaging things and were drop just going to toss there game out there to die, but holy hell am I glad to be wrong; they've also managed to play so much close to their chest that even the people that have been playing the game all year are still being surprised.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
When I played the scale test this weekend on Xbox one of the randoms that joined our crew was actually playing on PC with a mic clear as day, and had been playing enough that he was a much higher level and actually helped us by teaching us stuff about the game we didn't know. Like how to count paces with the compass...lol

As someone who plays mostly PS4, the fact that happened and how it was so seemless blew my mind a little. lol I liked how I could add that person to my Xbox friends list too like it was all one big integrated platform.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
When I played the scale test this weekend on Xbox one of the randoms that joined our crew was actually playing on PC with a mic clear as day, and had been playing enough that he was a much higher level and actually helped us by teaching us stuff about the game we didn't know. Like how to count paces with the compass...lol

As someone who plays mostly PS4, the fact that happened and how it was so seemless blew my mind a little. lol I liked how I could add that person to my Xbox friends list too like it was all one big integrated platform.

First time I played was during the closed beta and I asked how to do something and all I got back was pressing "Q." Not helpful, but definitely a cool moment.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
First time I played was during the closed beta and I asked how to do something and all I got back was pressing "Q." Not helpful, but definitely a cool moment.

Lol that's actually what tipped me off, he said something similar like "well you hit Q...or right bumper if you're on Xbox". I was like "wait, you're on PC right now?! Well that's neat" lol

There was some funny back and forth because he taught us about using the compass to count paces when you're following riddles and when you're using a controller, it vibrates indicating you moved 1 pace. So that led to some ribbing from the keyboard and mouse guy. lol

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Lol that's actually what tipped me off, he said something similar like "well you hit Q...or right bumper if you're on Xbox". I was like "wait, you're on PC right now?! Well that's neat" lol

There was some funny back and forth because he taught us about using the compass to count paces when you're following riddles and when you're using a controller, it vibrates indicating you moved 1 pace. So that led to some ribbing from the keyboard and mouse guy. lol

Wait, how does one do this?!

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
/s

Oh god, there's a store PC wars also? literally I can't

Oct 25, 2017

When you're holding the compass, if you press the right trigger/left mouse button it raises the compass up and if you hold forward you slowly walk forward one pace at a time.

With the lantern riddles where it says something about a light shining high, you equip your lantern and hold the left trigger/right mouse button to lift it high in the air.

Lot of the items have a secondary function like that, you can show the compass and pocket watch to other players just like you can with the map.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there cross play on this? I played with randoms, and they were all playing on PC

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Lol well on Xbox when you equip the compass to hold the right trigger, or whatever the keyboard equivalent is, to hold it up to you. Then when you walk forward the controller vibrates indicating you moved a pace. So if you've gotta walk North West 6 paces, you basically walk along until you feel those 6 vibrations and you're there!

There might of been a visual representation on the screen or compass too but at that point I was just focused on the vibrations telling me. lol

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
It made it a lot simpler getting new players into this saying "it's on PC," among my circles. There were mercifully few issues with the download itself, which had been a big concern for me.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium