• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Though it wasn't made out to be a huge announcement, it was revealed that the game had passed over 1 million unique players in under 48 hours since releasing in New Zealand. At one point, Duncan even said that he was told from a service engineer that 5,000 players were joining the game per minute.
https://mspoweruser.com/sea-of-thie...eleases-launch-status-developer-update-video/

Some PCCU estimates from myself:
Closed Beta PCCU: 35.9k
Final Beta 2 - 2.5 times bigger than closed beta
Launch 3 - 4 times bigger than final beta

Launch PCCU estimate 210 - 360k

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn! Game Pass was a godsend for this game. Not that it didn't look fantastic already, but that definitely helped a ton.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was one.

Despite the launch hiccups I've been having a blast with friends and randoms.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This shouldn't surprise anyone. What I'm really curious about is if it will end up top 3 in AVERAGE twitch views 6 weeks from launch.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I just want to know how many players got drunk and threw up on their crewmates. That's a number that would more accurately represent player engagement.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Putting this on gamepass was an amazing idea, can't wait to see what it does for Crackdown and Halo 6 (hopefully MCC relaunch too)

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is unreal for a new IP, well done Rare.

Expecting that to climb massively as they sort out issues.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Not that impressive with the game being basically free for two weeks (with the 14 day Game Pass trial) and that kind of marketing money.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass has a 14 day free trial though.
And will continue to be as far we know, you going to use that for every milestone? Doesnt mean much.

Not that impressive with the game being basically free for two weeks (with the 14 day Game Pass trial) and that kind of marketing money.
How much was that ? What is the breakdown of Gamepass free trial vs paid vs purchased? Do tell.

You can see them trying to find ways to chip away at any positive news for SoT.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got past the character select, but ol' CinnamonBeard wouldn't let me onto the Ocean last night, so I'm not sure if I"m one or not.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad. It's also doing well on Twitch (#2-#3 most watched).

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So? That's still new unique users isn't it?

It really dilutes how impressive this is simply because we don't actually know how many are trying it out on gamepass. That's the annoying part of them using gamepass for all their games, it gives them yet another avenue to hide sales numbers and make it hard for everyone to figure out how they're doing.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Power of the game pass. That is indeed a killer deal.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason why you barely see people while playing?

I'm guessing it's done on purpose but why exactly?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Youve seen that many new ips generate this much interest in 48 hours? Oh boy, do tell me at least five!
It's also Microsoft's biggest exclusive atm that they've been marketing for a while, while being essentially free due to game pass free trial. Given those circumstances this honestly isn't super impressive at the moment.