CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Official Update Page

pWETCQ8.png

GLORY AWAITS IN THE ARENA
The Arena allows you to get straight to the heart of the action in the new competitive mode. Pit your ship and your crew against others in a distinct game mode which will continue to grow in parallel to the Sea of Thieves adventure experience.
Trust in your crew and prove your prowess in a purely competitive setting. After a vicious battle, share a grog with your rivals in the Glorious Sea Dog tavern, home to a new Trading Company led by the heroes of the Sea of Thieves comic series!

WXu0nTD.png

A GRAND ADVENTURE TO THE SHORES OF GOLD
Tall Tales - Shores of Gold introduces a new epic storyline to the world of Sea of Thieves, delving deeper into the lore of our favourite pirate paradise. Follow a series of narrative adventures surrounding existing and all-new characters, taking you to undiscovered places and revealing surprising new gameplay features.
Fans of the expanded game universe will recognise some of the iconic characters and locations in Shores of Gold, yet this is only the beginning of a series of Tall Tales that will allow players to immerse themselves in the legends of Sea of Thieves.

zjfA2Kt.png

HEAR THE HUNTER'S CALL
The Hunter's Call is an all-new type of Trading Company that brings long-awaited fishing and cooking capabilities to the Sea of Thieves! Led by the returning wanderer Merrick, The Hunter's Call offers gold and cosmetic rewards, as well as another path to Pirate Legend in exchange for your best prizes and food.
Master the art of fishing from shore and from ship, hunt animals and monsters for their meat and cook up delicious (or occasionally poisonous) food.

rrEDeAS.png

TREACHEROUS WATERS
The Anniversary Update also brings along various world improvements to enhance the core experience. Expanded ship damage means that your beloved vessel can suffer a broken mast, capstan or even wheel, meaning that sailing and escaping battle could get very tricky indeed. Meanwhile, the arrival of the harpoon means that treasure can be nabbed by a skilled enemy and ships can make some surprising manoeuvres.
Don't get comfortable on land either! New and terrifying foes arrive in Shores of Gold – figures arising from legend, packing deadly surprises. Even simple exploration comes with additional risk thanks to traps that must be carefully navigated to avoid disaster. The Sea of Thieves can be a perilous place for the unwary…

GIFs by Slicer Dyster
QuerulousAbleIndianelephant-size_restricted.gif

GivingNegativeEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

SilverGenerousAztecant-size_restricted.gif

VariableBouncyGavial-size_restricted.gif

PalatableSorrowfulCavy-size_restricted.gif

MammothBountifulArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

ImportantKindAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like we're getting fishing and some kind of story content? That's enough for me to jump back in.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just say that the stuff in the trailer has been hilarious to test.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
I had some fun at launch, but Sea of Thieves has become the ultimate "well maybe after the next patch" game. This seems like the big one though so maybe after this patch!

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I havent played this game in probably 3 months, I'm so ready to go back. This update looks so great.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Rare knows what they are doing with this game. They play on the game's strengths so damn well. This is going to be good.

IgMyx.gif

Isn't the anniversary today?
Today was the announcement of features and the release date. We've know this for sometime.

We got a smaller update today with some new voyages and cosmetics.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Can you have the GOTY 2018 be the GOTY 2019 too?

I guess so.

Mast damage is a game changer for ship combat.

Quests are a sweet addition.

Hyped.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Is the gameplay loop still just sailing around doing contracts? I loved the ship combat but everything else was just so uninteresting.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Damn this update looks to be bigger than I expected. I wonder if your ship can be pulled underwater if you harpoon a megalodon.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Looks like I'll dive back in for fishing. My most requested feature, well that and jet skis.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Is the gameplay loop still just sailing around doing contracts? I loved the ship combat but everything else was just so uninteresting.
No, but I love the gameplay loop, but this update has Tall Tales, unique story quests and Arena (PVP mode)

Edit. The game doesn't actually even have a loop anymore, just adventure around.

They've also added megalodons, Skeleton ships etc. in the past.

Last edited:

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/20/sea-of-thieves-anniversary-update-announcement/

The Anniversary Update is a game changer that takes Sea of Thieves to a whole new level. Packed full of new content that's guaranteed to have something for everyone, tune into a series of live streams on Mixer, Twitch and YouTube where we'll share more details, insights and glimpses from behind the scenes on the run-up to April 30:

17:00BST (9:00 a.m. PT)

Wednesday, April 10
Anniversary Preview: The Arena

Find out more about the all-new competitive game mode that will let you and your friends test yourselves against other crews in fun and fast-paced matches to amass the most loot.

Tuesday, April 16
Anniversary Preview: The Hunter's Call

The Hunter's Call is a new trading company that gives you more ways to play and progress towards Pirate Legend. Find out more about what you can do, the company behind it and the rewards on offer.

Tuesday, April 23
Anniversary Preview: Tall Tales – Shores of Gold

This is Sea of Thieves like you've never seen it before. Tall Tales are a collection of story-rich quests that are played out in our shared world and can be fully experienced by yourself or with your crew. This first collection, 'Shores of Gold', invites you to embark on an epic adventure of love, honour and betrayal in search of the mythical Shores of Gold.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/20/sea-of-thieves-anniversary-update-announcement/

The Anniversary Update is a game changer that takes Sea of Thieves to a whole new level. Packed full of new content that's guaranteed to have something for everyone, tune into a series of live streams on Mixer, Twitch and YouTube where we'll share more details, insights and glimpses from behind the scenes on the run-up to April 30:

Wednesday, April 10
Anniversary Preview: The Arena

Find out more about the all-new competitive game mode that will let you and your friends test yourselves against other crews in fun and fast-paced matches to amass the most loot.

Tuesday, April 16
Anniversary Preview: The Hunter's Call

The Hunter's Call is a new trading company that gives you more ways to play and progress towards Pirate Legend. Find out more about what you can do, the company behind it and the rewards on offer.

Tuesday, April 23
Anniversary Preview: Tall Tales – Shores of Gold

This is Sea of Thieves like you've never seen it before. Tall Tales are a collection of story-rich quests that are played out in our shared world and can be fully experienced by yourself or with your crew. This first collection, 'Shores of Gold', invites you to embark on an epic adventure of love, honour and betrayal in search of the mythical Shores of Gold.
Thanks. putting in the OP.