• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit this game runs SO MUCH BETTER on my PC, solid 60

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
I got a rare dev in my crew. Really awesome. His gamertag is jagnew92. Maybe he is on this board or she?

We doing a voyage now. Nice

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
DO NOT change your account "region". This is a separate legacy thing and can only be done 1-2 times per year, and is designed for the occasions where you have genuinely moved country.!

That's wrong, false information here. If you change it on the website, yes, that is true, but you can change your region on the console as much as you want. No restrictions.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3-19-2018_1-00-46_pm1xmoub.png

:o where?

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
Actually he is a producer for rare. Who could it be ?

jagnew92 gamertag. I'm curious

He's got al the nice gear. Black and shiny.

tlhm94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is my final post on the matter. The article, two paragraphs down from what you cited, talks about gear rendering other gear useless in vertical progression - which is not what CoD does - and then talks about horizontal progression further down: "horizontal mechanics point towards the development of a wide range of character attributes that will weather any challenges that lie ahead. Each ability isn't inherently better than another, but well-researched combinations might create a much more powerful effect" which is exactly what CoD does with guns. That's what perks are doing. You are combining them for a "powerful effect." Those stat buffs will fundamentally alter how you play, but you can switch them out for other options. Fallout is progressing your character via improvement through the stats and permanent perks. CoD is expanding your options. You have perks, but they are not permanent. They are options. I will switch out my short range damage perk and equip a long range perk if I am in an open map. In Fallout, that is not the case. How you have gotten stronger based on your statistic progression dictates how you approach a situation.

And what Rodelero keeps saying that you are ignoring is that you are putting far too much emphasis on your point. I, and others in here, agree that the cosmetics do not matter. I am not going to change my approach if I see someone with a captain's hat on. You can trust what they're trying to do all you want, but having watched people play games with similar approaches, you will find that it really won't change the approach people take very much at all. The game was well received because it is fun to pull up to people, sink their ships and steal their treasure. I do not think I read a single article or impression that cited the cosmetics as having an effect on their experience in the way you are trying to push.

Have a good night.

I'm not gonna bother continuing this either since it is derailing things. Hope ya get to enjoy the game. Take care. If ya wanna discuss this further in the future in another thread, hit me up. For now, I will agree to disagree.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From my understanding, I can use the Free 14 Day trial to play this? And also every game on Gamepass? Isnt that kinda fucked up for Rare and other Microsoft studios?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyone else have a morbid fear of sharks in games? I've swam with sharks, many times, not Killers admitted;y, but I never get that dread like I do falling off a boat in GTA5

I have a fear of the sea, despite being born and living for many years not 20 yards from the beach. Of all the hideous and frightful beasts in the water sharks scare me the most. My wife (who loves every aspect of the sea) still giggles when I tuck my duvet under my feet some nights to protect them for sharks and the like.

Having confessed to all that, in games it doesn't bother me at all :)

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
From my understanding, I can use the Free 14 Day trial to play this? And also every game on Gamepass? Isnt that kinda fucked up for Rare and other Microsoft studios?

Buy game pass on cdkeys for like 2 bucks and change, you get a full month + when you redeem it you can get another month on top if you let it turn on auto-renew, so two months of playtime for just a little over $2, it's an insane value.

I assume that microsoft pays Rare (and other studios) that are part of gamepass money for them to take part in it, since not all xbox games are part of it I assume it's something a studio has to agree to and cut a deal with ms to do it.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought it released tonight at midnight? So I could play now, if I were home and not working like a schmuck?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I completed my first mission and started from the island back to the outpost and got the trophy "Set sail for the first time".

Huh?

A little bit early access feeling here with all the little bugs. :P

Also, no new songs from the start. :(

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Buy game pass on cdkeys for like 2 bucks and change, you get a full month + when you redeem it you can get another month on top if you let it turn on auto-renew, so two months of playtime for just a little over $2, it's an insane value.

I assume that microsoft pays Rare (and other studios) that are part of gamepass money for them to take part in it, since not all xbox games are part of it I assume it's something a studio has to agree to and cut a deal with ms to do it.

Microsoft owns Rare.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

No man. Rare gets a salary just like any other MS employee. What are people talking about on here?

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fucked up how? Have you tried Netflix in your life, this is goddamn awesome. I Wish Sony and Nintendo would have the same system, all new games at release on a service. No trial's the whole package.

Edit. Just realized this is gonna mess up NPD threads LOL

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine its no big deal for Microsoft Owned studios since they are employees, but Undead Labs isnt a first party, is it? Make no mistake, that is some INSANE value for the gamepass, just wondering.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True. Sorry for the derail. Will be joining in soon guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.