• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My GOW shipment is probably not coming until Monday now, I might get Gamepass for a month to play this on the weekend (they should discount the game already).

Or maybe I can do something proactive around the house for a change.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
That's crazy you don't experience any of these bugs. Count yourself extremely lucky! I cant remember a SINGLE session i've had where at least 1 or 2 of us were experience a bug at a given time. It usually starts with what Hippo was saying... someone cant hold an item... then it's someone with the infinite anchor noise... and then another is stuck with only a single weapon... and then items are glitched out and we cant pick them up... or those damn skeles havent spawned... or they did but they're stuck in map geometry etc.

I guess I must be extremely lucky as well, I play solo on Xbox for a couple of hours almost every day, and I'm not sure if I've ever encountered any game-breaking bugs (I do get the sniper as the default second weapon, although that's just a minor annoyance). But when I play on my PC, the game often hangs at some point.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish they were hardware bugs and not game bugs. It's not just me, it's every crew I'm with. Suddenly can't hold more than 3 canon balls even though my radial says I have 10. Die to fix. Suddenly can't hear any sound underwater. Die to fix. Skeletons for OOS won't spawn. Die to fix. Can't equip more than one weapon. Die to fix. Anchor is stuck in non-stop dropping sound effect. Die to fix

Not to mention the annoying guaranteed bugs, having to toggle push-to-talk and reset weapon loadout EVERY game. Or canons launching people where they aren't pointed

I almost wish the bugs were gamebreaking so they didn't just become acceptable routine things. Most of these have been around since beta!

Wow. I'm not experiencing any of that. Rarely even see a bug. I've played PC and Xbox with the same results. It's a shame for you, because that would kill the experience.

Damn, I see how that would be frustrating.

The only one of these I've encountered on Xbox or PC is the Push-To-Talk bug that is a known issue (and supposed to be fixed internally/patched soon). I usually run cutlass/pistol so I don't think I've noticed the weapon loadout resetting. I guess there are times i've logged off with blunderbuss/pistol and it's been cutlass/pistol next time I load in...

Other than that I've just had some brutal loading times on my Xbone (Halo 5 edition original model). I broke my leg on 3/5 and now that I can finally sit comfortably in my office again, playing on the PC is so much nicer

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man I wish they were hardware bugs and not game bugs. It's not just me, it's every crew I'm with. Suddenly can't hold more than 3 canon balls even though my radial says I have 10. Die to fix. Suddenly can't hear any sound underwater. Die to fix. Skeletons for OOS won't spawn. Die to fix. Can't equip more than one weapon. Die to fix. Anchor is stuck in non-stop dropping sound effect. Die to fix

Not to mention the annoying guaranteed bugs, having to toggle push-to-talk and reset weapon loadout EVERY game. Or canons launching people where they aren't pointed

I almost wish the bugs were gamebreaking so they didn't just become acceptable routine things. Most of these have been around since beta!
I know you aren't making them up, I've experienced several of them myself, but more commonly during the beta and for a while after release.
They've been much, much less common after the last patch or two on PC, which is why I asked for platform as I wondered if it was still a more common thing on Xbox, or maybe something else is causing some people to experience them more frequently.

(I'm excluding the push-to-talk bug and random weapon loadout on first joining the game because they are known issues and just happen the whole time. If your weapons didn't reset from your previous session it's because you randomly got the ones you had before, not because it isn't happening.)

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
I know you aren't making them up, I've experienced several of them myself, but more commonly during the beta and for a while after release.
They've been much, much less common after the last patch or two on PC, which is why I asked for platform as I wondered if it was still a more common thing on Xbox, or maybe something else is causing some people to experience them more frequently.

(I'm excluding the push-to-talk bug and random weapon loadout on first joining the game because they are known issues and just happen the whole time. If your weapons didn't reset from your previous session it's because you randomly got the ones you had before, not because it isn't happening.)
I've been getting them in the same frequency or more than launch week on PC. I get consistent anchor bugs (audio)at skele forts or when fighting and dying to OOS skele bounties... i think it's tied to the skele's somehow and dying to them. I never experienced the item glitches in early game testing but only now 3-4 weeks after release... which is weird. The cannon thing was NOT present during launch week for me for sure... at all. That's something new in my few hundred hours of gameplay. I wonder if any of this is server side... i mean could that explain why some see more of this than others?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
last night i spent a lot of time sneaking into crows nests and messing with other crews, stuff like this:

so when i loaded into a random galleon where the other players had all left by time i loaded in, and i found a wood crate right next to the island it was docked at i decided to do something nice. i filled up the wood crate with what was on the boat and on the island, and sailed to the skull fort because i figured thered be traffic around there. The people there were suspicious and shot at me a few times but i managed to more or less make the hand off (you can hear other players had loaded into the game by the time i reached them)

i quit out after dying and not 100% sure they understood i sent a message on xbox with the player whose gamertag i saw. we had a short convo
tumblr_inline_p7h274UtKH1qe7k26_540.png

then i woke up this from the same person with a series of links to the following postcards:
tumblr_inline_p7hxlhAVr51qe7k26_500.jpg

WdKkaPz.jpg

CpveecV.jpg

CB5dlm3.jpg

T43kMmO.jpg

Ronan_Berthelot

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
last night i spent a lot of time sneaking into crows nests and messing with other crews, stuff like this:

so when i loaded into a random galleon where the other players had all left by time i loaded in, and i found a wood crate right next to the island it was docked at i decided to do something nice. i filled up the wood crate with what was on the boat and on the island, and sailed to the skull fort because i figured thered be traffic around there. The people there were suspicious and shot at me a few times but i managed to more or less make the hand off (you can hear other players had loaded into the game by the time i reached them)

i quit out after dying and not 100% sure they understood i sent a message on xbox with the player whose gamertag i saw. we had a short convo

then i woke up this from the same person with a series of links to the following postcards:

WdKkaPz.jpg

CpveecV.jpg

CB5dlm3.jpg

T43kMmO.jpg

That's amazing XD

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I've been getting them in the same frequency or more than launch week on PC. I get consistent anchor bugs (audio)at skele forts or when fighting and dying to OOS skele bounties... i think it's tied to the skele's somehow and dying to them. I never experienced the item glitches in early game testing but only now 3-4 weeks after release... which is weird. The cannon thing was NOT present during launch week for me for sure... at all. That's something new in my few hundred hours of gameplay. I wonder if any of this is server side... i mean could that explain why some see more of this than others?
Some of them must be server side and be triggered by ping/connection/region/whatever. I've literally never had the anchor noise bug on PC despite doing several forts and plenty of OoS bounties. (Or for PC, maybe could be hardware config related?)
That doesn't mean it shouldn't get fixed, just that we should all understand that some of us are having a smoother experience than others, and not criticize others for being too harsh/lenient on the game's issues.

EDIT: Those 'holiday snaps' are brilliant.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Holiday snaps. Lol. Every single person I come across griefs me and calls me names.

Found a skull fort today in a sloop with my buddy and another sloop showed up and instantly fired on us, the crew were talking in German I think so i couldn't understand what they were saying, but they killed my mate and sank our ship. Luckily I managed to escape their attack and hid on one of the gaurd towers. After 5 minutes another ship arrives and starts attacking the team that sank us, so I helped them out by jumping on the ship with a barrel and sinking them. I told them after that I didn't want the loot, just revenge and they killed me calling me a 'fucking noob' on my way to the ship of the damned.

This game is going to go the same way as the division. I loved the division until teams would camp the doorways in the dark zone and kill you on site even when you were lootless. If there's one thing I've learned from multiplayer games in the past is that if people can make it into PvP they will and it will be that first and foremost, even when it's not the main focus.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holiday snaps. Lol. Every single person I come across griefs me and calls me names.

Found a skull fort today in a sloop with my buddy and another sloop showed up and instantly fired on us, the crew were talking in German I think so i couldn't understand what they were saying, but they killed my mate and sank our ship. Luckily I managed to escape their attack and hid on one of the gaurd towers. After 5 minutes another ship arrives and starts attacking the team that sank us, so I helped them out by jumping on the ship with a barrel and sinking them. I told them after that I didn't want the loot, just revenge and they killed me calling me a 'fucking noob' on my way to the ship of the damned.

This game is going to go the same way as the division. I loved the division until teams would camp the doorways in the dark zone and kill you on site even when you were lootless. If there's one thing I've learned from multiplayer games in the past is that if people can make it into PvP they will and it will be that first and foremost, even when it's not the main focus.

My anecdotal evidence has been largely 50/50 in peaceful to violent interactions.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hippo and i play together a good amount and we're both on PC... our group always has a few problems during a session. My wife plays on the Xbox in the other room and has the same exact issues as well. Def not a PC spec related occurrence any of it.

Wonder if it might be port-forwarding issues.... Could look up instructions to open ports and see if that helps.

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, lazy Saturday morning sesh that blew out to nearly 5hrs doing merchant quests in a 2P sloop with the lady. Had a skeleton fort pop and cleared in with another sloop, some ship wrecks. Hit 25 in merchant and making some good coin with some of those contracts netting 4k not including distractions

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had the worst fucking experience in the game so far

So me and a friend did a skull voyage and managed to get 12 skulls from it, on our way we also found an exquisite crate and a quest to deliver a gunpowder barrel.

We get everything and head to the outpost the gunpowder barrel quest requires.

We park our boat, usual stuff, manage to move 3 skulls and the exquisite crate, then all of a sudden I get the "the ethernet cable has been disconnected" error (I'm on wifi, XBL never kicked me from the party chat either so this is an issue on the game's end, not mine), I ask my friend to not sell anything and wait for me, I just needed to restart the game and would join him back asap.

At this point my friend drops the gunpowder barrel by the stairs that leads to the map room for a second and it gets stuck there with no way to pick it up again.

My game is already loading but as an XB1 user it takes around 40 secs to get in.

While I'm on the third loading screen a galleon shows up out of nowhere and starts attacking our sloop and of course they hit the barrel with a cannonball and our ship starts sinking fast, my friend dies to a cannonball as well and two of them board the ship.

My game finally loads, with one of them in my fucking face, I aim asap and try to shoot him only to find out I'm carrying the fucking sniper rifle, because I don't know whose idea it was to always fucking spawn me with the same garbage loadout (sniper rifle/pistol) when entering a game for the first time.

I obviously get killed and end up losing everything

Fuck's sake.

Oct 25, 2017

WdKkaPz.jpg

CpveecV.jpg

CB5dlm3.jpg

T43kMmO.jpg

haha I love this

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Was heading to port returning loot. In a sloop checking the map and I clip threw the ship and I'm in the ocean. Mermaid back just as my ship crashes into the outpost.

Never had that ibug before.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything more satisfying than rolling up to a fort, sinking the galleon thats there. Sinking the sloop that is there. and taking all the loot?

Maybe.

But thats still some top tier stuff

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a lot of Angry Birds 2 lately. I know this It seems totally unrelated, but I can't help but be reminded that Sea Of Thieves is sorely missing daily/weekly/monthly challenges and events. It just seems like such a glaring omission. I know live campaigns are supposed to kickoff in May, but any GaaS should have stuff like this at launch.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a lot of Angry Birds 2 lately. I know this It seems totally unrelated, but I can't help but be reminded that Sea Of Thieves is sorely missing daily/weekly/monthly challenges and events. It just seems like such a glaring omission. I know live campaigns are supposed to kickoff in May, but any GaaS should have stuff like this at launch.
Something I've recommended for a while. It would definitely help with progression by giving rep bonuses. I log into fortnite just for challenges at times.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I've just had a fantastic evening with Sea of Thieves and Couch Co-op.

My sister played on my Xbox One X (my gold, on Sons account). My "son" used his free trial of Game Pass to play, I used my play anywhere version of Game Pass on my Surface Pro 4 (M3, entry level Surface).

It took a bit of faffing at first - largely because Game Pass games are not 'shared' across accounts/the home Xbox, so hence why we had to use my son's free trial.

On the Surface I was playing at 540, V Sync off, and on the lowest settings. It ran pretty well for the most part, with only real poor performance happening when we approached an island.

But once we got going. Damn.

So much fun and what Sea of Thieves is all about.

Here is a short video showing us couch co-oping. I highly recommend it if you have any half decent laptoo.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Sorry for double post, quick question Era....

This game is 12+ I believe. I restrict my son's gaming to the PEGI ratings for the most part (he is 7), but think he would absolutely love Sea of Thieves. And I'd love to play with him couch co-op (see above post).

We would restrict chat so he doesn't get ''abused" and I would always play with him. And it is 'just' cartoon violence.

Is there any content that may not be suitable? Has anyone played with their child of a similar age?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
IMHO it's completely fine. The screen goes red when you're hit and that's about it. So in terms of graphics and shown pictures it's innocuous.

I guess the only thing to consider is how sensitive they are. I. E. Would they get upset if people roll up, kill you all, and steal your loot?

I think I'm pretty cautious compared to other parents and I let my 6 year old play it.

As you say, voice chat is a complete no no.

Edit, if the kraken appears suddenly that *might* be scary? Again it depends on your child and often they are guided by reactions of people around them (so if you act like it's a cool rare treat to see it then they may react the same way)

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Just had a weird glitch. I was climbing the ladder to get on my ship when the changing server message came up. It dumped me off the ladder and into the water again, and while I could climb back onto the boat nothing would work. Couldn't use the anchor, the sails, nothing... So instead of just logging off at Thieves Haven I decided to swim to the outpost directly north of it. Made it all the way there, killed one shark along the way using my sword - couldn't fire my pistol, another oddity - and outran another to shore....just barely.

jZTWM93.png

1gpacjx.png

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Is there a way to change the default weapon combination? It's set to pistol and blunderbuss for me which is pretty useless but I can't find any way to set it to some other combination and have to change it every time I log in.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
IMHO it's completely fine. The screen goes red when you're hit and that's about it. So in terms of graphics and shown pictures it's innocuous.

I guess the only thing to consider is how sensitive they are. I. E. Would they get upset if people roll up, kill you all, and steal your loot?

I think I'm pretty cautious compared to other parents and I let my 6 year old play it.

As you say, voice chat is a complete no no.

Edit, if the kraken appears suddenly that *might* be scary? Again it depends on your child and often they are guided by reactions of people around them (so if you act like it's a cool rare treat to see it then they may react the same way)

Thanks for the feedback, I think I will give him a go with it. I att the very least ''preview" games before he jumps in if the PEGI rating is above his age, so I think Sea of Thieves is worth a shot.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a way to change the default weapon combination? It's set to pistol and blunderbuss for me which is pretty useless but I can't find any way to set it to some other combination and have to change it every time I log in.
wish they would fix this. there seems to be some way to influence it because after showing the ferryman pistol to my friends one night before logging off, the game made that my "default" skin for a few sessions before switching back to the mercenary skin i actually use but idk how either change happened

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
I just met another situation where people left gunpowder barrels floating next to an outpost. Joke's on them, that's two free barrels for me. ^^
I also put them to good use (with two additional ones I found on an island). As I was stationed on Cannon Cove, I saw from the island a ship coming near mine, and one of the pirates swimming towards my boat. Sent a warning shot, but he kept getting closer. As I had a powder keg on the canopy, I waited for him to climb the ladder and shot the barrel from the cliff. Boom, dead. I almost got him (or his partner) a second time when he went back to check the crow nest, where I had two other barrels. He's lucky I missed the first shot (I saw him jump down as soon as he saw the trap), but the second shot triggered some nice fireworks. Nobody steals my gunpowder.

Oct 25, 2017
Powder kegs are the real MVP.

Do they kill you now if they explode underwater?

They do, but it's usually worth it against a galleon, just because of the amount of damage it does.

Had a great session tonight. Didn't get sunk once in over 6 hours, sunk a few galleons, completed a skull fort (and successfully fought off and outran two other ships), dug up a fair number of chests, too.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me and my crew had a 5 hour fight over a skelly fortress last night, we sunk 9 galleons and 3 sloops, got sunk twice but managed to win it at the end.

It was a ridiculously crowded server where there were 4-5 galleons doing circles around the isle most of the time

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao.

Load into the game to dagger.

Looting the outpost when we see a galleon heading our way

Galleon is FULLY decked out in Legend swag.

They pull up and open fire.

We beat them REALLY easily.

No loot tho.

Sank a ship with 2 legends on it tho.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
lmao.

Load into the game to dagger.

Looting the outpost when we see a galleon heading our way

Galleon is FULLY decked out in Legend swag.

They pull up and open fire.

We beat them REALLY easily.

No loot tho.

Sank a ship with 2 legends on it tho.
Do we have any ResetEra Legends yet? It feels so common on Discord by now, and Legends are getting beaten in-game as if 300 hours of play means nothing. Has to be one on here by now...

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
People who refuse to leave when you ask them to and then set up macros so they cant be hit for inactivity when you brig them are so fucking lame

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we met a solo sloop on snake island, which was our souls quest destination.

He was a on a gold hoarder voyage, was talking, was cool. We decided to let him live. We beat our bounty.

But I'm a little more mischievous. I'm on his crows nest and I saw him bring 2 captains chests on board. My crew sold all our stuff and logged off. I'm still here, waiting for him to get near an outpost. It feels dirty but at the same time

mzY3y.gif

Edit: Update. Killed him, but he got me LOW on health. Sold a captains chest. Turns out I had no bananas. And also turns out my squad ate all his lol.

He killed me with one slash when he spawned back in.

I gotta say, PC players have a really bullshit advantage with the load times. They might have a slight advantage with aiming but jesus christ they load back into the game so much faster than Xbox

Last edited:

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Ran into my first Legend tonight.

We were out doing some gold hoarder quests. They were in the basic galleon. We approached them, with no intention of firing ourselves, but they naturally opened fire. And oh god, they could barely use the cannons. 15 shots at close-medium range and maybe 1 hit.

We kept going, doing our treasure run when we ran into them 20 minutes later at another island. We decided to pirate them since they didn't seem that great at attacking. Pull up, sure enough they sucked at cannons with minimal hits so we started unleashing getting a good amount below the water line, but.... nobody was watching ladders. Whoops. A Legend boarded our ship and wiped us out, and they were able to defend the holes until our ship sank.

The journey was still fun. We didn't see the other 3 people on the crew, so not sure if it was Legends going incognito, or if the Legend was just in a random crew or something. We had some laughs with them over VOIP before we ended signing off for the night though.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I gotta say, PC players have a really bullshit advantage with the load times. They might have a slight advantage with aiming but jesus christ they load back into the game so much faster than Xbox

This explains everything!

We were in a game last night and a crew jumped on our ship, one holding an explosive barrel. Before he could get below deck we shot the barrel killing us all so the 4 of us were on the ferry( 2 enemies and my friend and I).

By the time we got back they were on our ship again and they were already in a position to spawn kill us. We could have sworn they were cheaters, but they must have been pc players and loaded in much quicker.

The Xbox suffers from a black screen that seems to last an eternity once you leave the ferry of the damned.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm done

Spawned on an island with some Exotic Spices and a Marauders Chest
Looked at the loot
Looked at the boat
Pondered the meaning of life a moment

Logged off

I'll be back next content drop

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had my first Galleon run with a good chatty matchmade party, that was fun and really helped me get a foothold into the game mechanics. Super fun.

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a great solo experience.

Did a merchant mission. 3 pigs and 1 snake. 1 of the pigs was golden. Sailed over to Sunken Grove and found everything I needed but had to turn them in at Ancient Spire waaayyy south. Saw a shipwreck on the way and found a Marauder's Chest. Pretty standard so far.

As I get close to Ancient Spire I see a sloop there. Another is coming in from the west toward that sloop. Through my spyglass, I see they are shooting at each other. I avoid the outpost a moment, going between rocks when another sloop comes up on my southwest. I hope it won't follow me but it does.

This becomes a chase. They're after me and shooting at me when possible but I get my way back to Ancient Spire and jump off with my Gold Striped Pig. I figure I'll at least get the most expensive thing turned in. Meanwhile, a sloop is at the outpost and shoots at my ship as it sails away. I figure it's done. But go to the mermaid anyway where I make it back in time to patch it up and swing my ship back around, still being chased. I again do a jump off at Ancient Spire and turn in another pig. Mermaid back.

The chase continues. I raise my sail half way and do a sharp turn heading back toward Ancient Spire. My pursuers aren't as quick to react. Fire a few shots off at me, then get distracted a moment by the other sloop in the area as they fire on each other.

That's my chance to run my ship aground. I anchor. I hand in my third pig. I go below deck. Play some music. Grab my snake. Turn it in. Go back. Grab the Marauders and run toward the Gold Hoarder. At this point someone is on land firing at me. I keep running and hand it in just as I'm shot dead. I laugh and tell the guy who killed me you don't know how to play this game. I accomplished my mission and I can die in peace.

Great time.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
This explains everything!

We were in a game last night and a crew jumped on our ship, one holding an explosive barrel. Before he could get below deck we shot the barrel killing us all so the 4 of us were on the ferry( 2 enemies and my friend and I).

By the time we got back they were on our ship again and they were already in a position to spawn kill us. We could have sworn they were cheaters, but they must have been pc players and loaded in much quicker.

The Xbox suffers from a black screen that seems to last an eternity once you leave the ferry of the damned.
Hmmm not sure this is a thing. I play with my wife in the next room and she's on the xbox while i'm on my gaming rig... if we both get wiped at the same moment we respawn pretty much the same speed.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hmmm not sure this is a thing. I play with my wife in the next room and she's on the xbox while i'm on my gaming rig... if we both get wiped at the same moment we respawn pretty much the same speed.

Then I have no idea what happened.

We've come across quite a few suspect moments in our time with the game. A sloop that withstood a constant barrage of galleon fire for 2 minutes, one guy who jumped on our galleon and 'one shotted' us all in seconds, a guy that took several close range blunderbuss shots without eating a banana.

I do wonder if any of them were cheaters or the game was a fault due to rubber banding etc.

Oct 30, 2017
Then I have no idea what happened.

We've come across quite a few suspect moments in our time with the game. A sloop that withstood a constant barrage of galleon fire for 2 minutes, one guy who jumped on our galleon and 'one shotted' us all in seconds, a guy that took several close range blunderbuss shots without eating a banana.

I do wonder if any of them were cheaters or the game was a fault due to rubber banding etc.

In a 2 man sloop with one on constant repair I can patch the lower deck easily enough myself. And maybe - maybe go patch the odd mid deck hole in between.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I usually chalk those situations up to oops I forgot to eat a banana when I'm low on health just sailing about on my own ship - whereas an attacker probably will have made sure they did before popping up. Also the blunderbuss is not nearly as effective as it once was - an enemy moving around a ship can pretty easily avoid getting tagged by one.

But I do feel like going on the ferry of the damned AND having to deal with 5-10 seconds of load time after is a double penalty especially when you're in the middle of a tense situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.