• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Does the noise they make count as 'music' or a sound effect? I always play with the music turned to 0 because I always have my incredible 19 hour long (I'm not joking) Sea of Thieves Spotify playlist on while I play. I sometimes struggle because of the Order of Souls music and the skeleton fort waves 'boooonnnnnggg' noise missing.
just checked with one i found, their hum counts as a sound effect

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I've been checking out Summit, he said how much he's been enjoying it at the start of today's stream and the last three days of his vods are up to watch

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Why do the French watch so much Sea of Thieves? Lol.
I might have slightly pissed off a friendly French crew yesterday. We were on our way back to Plunder outpost after clearing a skeleton fort when we ran into them - they wanted to dance and stuff, but we had a lot of treasure, plus the atomic bomb. So yeah, let's just say we didn't cash in the bomb ;)

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Its pretty nice and uncommon to get a brand new player who actually knows mechanics about the game beforehand join you on a sloop randomly.

I did more in this 2 person sloop than ive done the past few days probably. Did a fort, killed a kraken, the rest of the festival of the damned commendations and the stronghold skull commendation. Its kinda cool to have someone completely new to the game experience all that in one session.

The skeleton ships roaming are still stupid as fuck though. Same for how rare the mermaid statues are now. This update has SO much grind that they need to fix it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Still loving this update. And I'm making TONS of cash. I love the new ship parts. The bone crusher stuff is wonderful. I really like the harpoon on the Kraken capstan too!

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Hope they'll nail the Arena. Cuz some of those Streamers are pure PvP'ing and I think the current game is just not built for that.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Do not mess with the mega-kegs. 10 hours worth of loot (5 strongholds, 3 skalleons, 3 athena quests) all gone.

And it was self inflicted.

#stillbitter

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Was anyone watching Summit now? While he was being chased by a galleon, he left gunpowder kegs on the deck/hold so he could drop them in the sea and lure the ship towards them. He barely paid attention that the galley was approaching them by their side, not back, so the kegs exploded as soon as he got shot by the other crew.

The worst part was that he made the same mistake twice, and in the second time his sloop sunk, which made him ragequit real hard. lol

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Crazy night on the seas. First, was working on a skull fort with a friend in a brig when another brig crew rolled up, barreled us, proceeded to call us "bitches," etc. - but while they did sink us, we ended up spawning in the water at the fort, killing their crew right back and sinking their ship as well. Sailed back to the fort and completed it with no other interruption. :)

Then we managed to get into a four-ship alliance at the next fort that popped, completed that, and got into a series of skellie ship and meg fights with the fleet we were with that went on for at least a good 20-30 minutes? Maybe longer. It was wild. This update is amazing.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Was anyone watching Summit now? While he was being chased by a galleon, he left gunpowder kegs on the deck/hold so he could drop them in the sea and lure the ship towards them. He barely paid attention that the galley was approaching them by their side, not back, so the kegs exploded as soon as he got shot by the other crew.

The worst part was that he made the same mistake twice, and in the second time his sloop sunk, which made him ragequit real hard. lol

He ragequits and gets annoyed quite fast. Lol.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that this update feels like the best one yet despite not adding anything "new". It's really just a finishing touch on every feature they added into the game at 90% finished

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that this update feels like the best one yet despite not adding anything "new". It's really just a finishing touch on every feature they added into the game at 90% finished

Yeah, I've only tried it once but this is how it felt to me. There's always stuff just around the corner and the seas are starting to feel alive which is great, hopefully it isn't too hectic all the time as I liked the occasional solo session when I felt like a bit of relaxation.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

Yeah funny to think about how previously they had to turn things off because skellie ships were causing issues with forts or the kraken or mermaid statues. Now, they've not only got everything on at the same time but they've been able to make the skellie ships roam the map and they've amped up the frequency of everything and the game feels alive. You can start off doing one thing but end up going a completely different way. It's glorious. I love how they've evolved the game since launch and cannot wait to see what else they have planned. So much potential in the Arena mode, too.

Last edited:

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My crew was super tired the other night and didnt have the energy to take on a brig that attacked us at a fort that was super stocked with supplies so every time we sank we just aggrod a skeleton ship along the way and brought it to the fort to bleed their supplies dry.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i dont think their update page outlines it so if anyones curious-
a gold hoarders gilded voyage is a full map wheel, all chests are captains
ditto for order of souls except all skulls are villainous
a gilded merchant voyage is a cargo run with 50 items
a gilded athenas is the same set of maps but x marks the spot maps have an additional chest, and cargo runs are 6 items instead of 4. Like the GH/OOS voyages all chests and skulls are captains/villainous. The maps are evenly split between two islands - each has a cargo run, riddle, x marks the spot & a bounty. Each cargo goes to the other. The second chapter is one map with three athenas.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
i dont think their update page outlines it so if anyones curious-
a gold hoarders gilded voyage is a full map wheel, all chests are captains
ditto for order of souls except all skulls are villainous
a gilded merchant voyage is a cargo run with 50 items
a gilded athenas is the same set of maps but x marks the spot maps have an additional chest, and cargo runs are 6 items instead of 4. Like the GH/OOS voyages all chests and skulls are captains/villainous. The maps are evenly split between two islands - each has a cargo run, riddle, x marks the spot & a bounty. Each cargo goes to the other. The second chapter is one map with three athenas.

Has this gone live today?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else having issues with being stuck on Enlisting Pirate endlessly? I tried looking it up but only got results from the stress test in march. It happens on my pioneers client too so i feel like theres got to be some server issue thats out of my hands but im seeing no one else talking about it

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else having issues with being stuck on Enlisting Pirate endlessly? I tried looking it up but only got results from the stress test in march. It happens on my pioneers client too so i feel like theres got to be some server issue thats out of my hands but im seeing no one else talking about it
No, but it does feel like it takes longer for that step on my side, both on the regular and the pioneer clients..

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Mine hung on enlisting Pirate for a while last night but it went through after a bit. Was just longer than usual. Worrying longer... but it went through fine.

Went hunting for people on guilded voyages! Found a couple. Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The Summit effect

gBfiwMI.png

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

It is a bit of a shame that Summit's using the eye of reach / flintlock cheese in all of his encounters. He likes the game cuz the combo is a one-shot kill and it's unstoppable. It's a crutch that I hope they nerf soon. I don't mind that he's able to sneak up on pirates that clearly aren't watching what's going on around them or know how to guard ladders, I just wish it was a fairer one-on-one fight. I hope they have that sorted out by the time Arena comes around.

It's fun to watch him play cuz he steamrolls n00bs and is very focused on PVP/stealing loot, but more skilled play like what you get out of some of the other regular SoT streamers like AshBacon, FOXDlE or ToejahM is better overall.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It is a bit of a shame that Summit's using the eye of reach / flintlock cheese in all of his encounters. He likes the game cuz the combo is a one-shot kill and it's unstoppable. It's a crutch that I hope they nerf soon. I don't mind that he's able to sneak up on pirates that clearly aren't watching what's going on around them or know how to guard ladders, I just wish it was a fairer one-on-one fight. I hope they have that sorted out by the time Arena comes around.

It's fun to watch him play cuz he steamrolls n00bs and is very focused on PVP/stealing loot, but more skilled play like what you get out of some of the other regular SoT streamers like AshBacon, FOXDlE or ToejahM is better overall.

Yeah, I agree. Don't see the fun in oneshotting Xbox players all the time.. :P

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
No, but it does feel like it takes longer for that step on my side, both on the regular and the pioneer clients..
thanks, let it sit and had it go through.
was just going to pick up a gilded voyage and peace out but someone left out like half of a gilded cargo run so free money for me.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were some really interesting insights in this weekly stream.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0U-c6QIZMk

It sounds like they'll be making some big changes to the core gameplay of SoT early next year. Joe Neate mentioned that only about 15% of the SoT team worked on Shrouded Spoils, while the rest of the team has been working on future content.

A few of the things they mentioned:
Core Quest/Lore Update
Sea Dogs trading company (tracks Arena progress)
Revamped combat system for players, enemies, and ships
New interactions between ships
Boarding axe heavily hinted at

In the most recent Podcast, Craig Duncan mentioned how the anniversary of SoT is coming up. I imagine they'll be realasing a pretty significant update to mark that occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.