• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, not at all. It resets to somewhat default state, and you'll just appear on it or near it after death or mermaid teleport right to it. Sometimes you'll sink the thing just because it's farther away from your target than you want to be.

All the Supplies {Cannon Balls/Wood/Bananas} will be initialized to their defaults (extras and special, will be gone, while empties will be replenished).
All the lanterns will be turned on and set to yellow light.

All treasure will be gone and you'll be somewhere else on the map, but usually somewhat close to where you were.
Perfect. Thanks a lot for all the infos!

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Only one semi-decent crew shadowed them for a bit and tried to get in position to ambush but the Raiders slapped them down pretty easily. They also just wrecked every other ship that they saw like it was nothing. Turned in just over 100K gold after about 4 hours of PVE-ing.

Summit and crew spent more time trying to remember the last time their ship sank (a random mega-bomb got them a month or so ago) than they did fighting people which was funny.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like console players will be able to opt out of crossplay. Really sucks that our pool as PC players just got so much smaller. I don't like it.

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Awww I thought it was just for Arena. That kinda sucks, I'll be honest I enjoyed knowing if I got on an enemy ship there was a good chance at least one of them would be on a controller lol

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
So..

Pool 1:
Xbox players with a controller that have not toggled off the 'no crossplay switch'
Xbox players playing with mouse and keyboard
PC players playing with a controller
PC players playing with moues and keyboard

Pool 2:
Xbox players with a controller that have toggled on the 'no crossplay switch'

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I wouldnt have minded the option to opt out of crossplay for the arena but including adventure mode too really sucks.

wonder what poor xbox players are going to blame their losses on now

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The bizarre thing is not making it at the very least input base like fortnite. PC users who play on pad get the worst of it.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
We gamefaqs now bois!
okay, or maybe ive played this game long enough to hear "hacking pc players" half the time my crew sinks a ship and have heard people say pc players can do everything from summon krakens on command to increasing the ship count in a server to 8 with hacks to justify losses.

it wasnt broadly speaking i was specifically talking about salty players and you're lying if you dont think salty players blame crossplay and wizard-like hacking that pc players can apparently do

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
okay, or maybe ive played this game long enough to hear "hacking pc players" half the time my crew sinks a ship and have heard people say pc players can do everything from summon krakens on command to increasing the ship count in a server to 8 with hacks to justify losses.

it wasnt broadly speaking i was specifically talking about salty players and you're lying if you dont think salty players blame crossplay and wizard-like hacking that pc players can apparently do
while there are those players - you arent seriously denying the advantage kb&m players have over pad users, right?

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

You should try wording your posts better next time.

I am sorry if you have been harassed by salty console players, but bad losers exist in every platform and toxicity is not something inherent to the Xbox userbase, if you want proof look no further than some of the game's top streamers (of course, all of them PC players) coining the term "Xbox kid" to refer to bad or Pve focused players.

M/K is the superior input in pretty much every game that involves shooting and Sea of Thieves is not an exception, giving console players the option to participate in a level playing field is only fair.

Last edited:

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
This game gives PC players so many advantages it's not even funny.

- better controls
- higher framerate
- faster respawn times
- can hear ingame chat while in party chat, can use push to talk

I see no other reason to complain about this change other than just wanting to dong on players with a disadvantage (which you STILL will be able to do, just a little less). Quit the whining please.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
This game gives PC players so many advantages it's not even funny.

- better controls
- higher framerate
- faster respawn times
- can hear ingame chat while in party chat, can use push to talk

I see no other reason to complain about this change other than just wanting to dong on players with a disadvantage (which you STILL will be able to do, just a little less). Quit the whining please.

OR playerpool.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Most of my buddies are PC only, so I'm gonna have to stay in the cross play pool, but IMO it would have been better if this was only for Arena and they rather kept Adventure mode as is.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see the new weapon balancing. Along with whatever QoL improvements they have in mind (I'm looking at you Volcanoes).

They reiterated that the original weapons were envisioned to be range focused. So I wonder if that will mean extreme damage nerfs to using guns out of their specific intended ranges, leading to the end of medium and short range Eye of Reach usage and making the short range Pistol much less desirable.

I also want to see how they address the clunkiness factor of swordplay, hopefully they make something that works better than the sprinting bunny hop 180 turn nonsense. I don't like feeling as though I have to time my inputs to that level or program a damn macro to be competitive.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I'm excited to see the new weapon balancing. Along with whatever QoL improvements they have in mind (I'm looking at you Volcanoes).

They reiterated that the original weapons were envisioned to be range focused. So I wonder if that will mean extreme damage nerfs to using guns out of their specific intended ranges, leading to the end of medium and short range Eye of Reach usage and making the short range Pistol much less desirable.

I also want to see how they address the clunkiness factor of swordplay, hopefully they make something that works better than the sprinting bunny hop 180 turn nonsense. I don't like feeling as though I have to time my inputs to that level or program a damn macro to be competitive.
Is the weapon balancing coming on the 6th or a later date, do you know?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
If crossplay is opt-out, I really don't see that effecting the PC player pool much. Most people arent going to be bothered enough to change the setting IMO.

I'd love it if they went back to projectiles with drop-off. I think that's a fine way to differentiate weapons by range w/o making one inherently better than the others.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Oh man, I just sneaked up on a Galleon as a one-man sloop pirate. Stole one skull and a chest and sold it at the nearest outpost. It was nerve-wrecking trying to stealth out of their ship with the stuff. Thank god I had my sloop at a nearby island and a rowboat behind a tiny rock next to their ship...

Love this game!

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, I just sneaked up on a Galleon as a one-man sloop pirate. Stole one skull and a chest and sold it at the nearest outpost. It was nerve-wrecking trying to stealth out of their ship with the stuff. Thank god I had my sloop at a nearby island and a rowboat behind a tiny rock next to their ship...

Love this game!
Hiding is my new addiction. Made it into the crow's nest of a solo sloop doing a fort. Poor sod brought the megaboom to my place after opening the vault.

2-1-2019_12-38-34_am-s5j3j.png

So long, and thanks for all the f.. plunder!

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hiding is my new addiction. Made it into the crow's nest of a solo sloop doing a fort. Poor sod brought the megaboom to my place after opening the vault.

2-1-2019_12-38-34_am-s5j3j.png

So long, and thanks for all the f.. plunder!

Poor guy.

That will teach him to solo raids and not spend every waking moment on lookout for rowboats willing to explode a 5K barrel for 8K worth of loot.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Ever play chicken with a skeleton ship and win?

i love how we just stare at each other in disbelief at the end

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah, while i understand the reason behind this, i cant say i'm happy. Sailing on Pc is gonna be way more lonely now.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
With the small server size and it being an opt out option I don't see server population being a huge issue but we on PC will definitely have a dimenshed player base.

If people think summit is whining because he won't easy kills that is silly. Summit was a pro CS player extremely competitive and very good at fps games and would still easily best most competition on an even playing field.

I think his worry is having to run around looking for PvP for too long which happens now every so often. He and his crew don't really care for PvE so he's probably thinking empty servers will make his stream less enjoyable. Arena will help this eventhough it won't be the same as robbing a crew of a hard earned Athena.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Its silly to think rare never considered player population into this decision. Lots of over reacting

Yeah. If anything I'd expect the Xbox-only servers to be the smaller population - depending of course on how front-facing choosing to play on an Xbox server is.

Since there's no way for an Xbox player to tell if they were killed/sunk by someone on Xbox or PC I think the original outcry was overblown. It's too easy an excuse.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely an overreaction. When you have to opt-out of crossplay, I think the overwhelming majority of players will never touch it. Agreed with SuperPac, the opt-in is the Xbox/controller only option, so that will likely be the smallest section.

In any case, to think that Rare didn't look at the numbers of their own game across platforms and understand that they could do this without it being an issue is pretty silly imo.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Summit said the devs reached out and talked to him, admitted he was being an ass about it and they're being professional about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.