• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't think they will either. I'm really excited to see what comes of it!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason, other than you just have too many duobloons, to run the merc voyage more than once?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason, other than you just have too many duobloons, to run the merc voyage more than once?

I guess if you want a confirmed three grog chests for commendations? Or if you want a nice varied beginner quest to take new friends on. But no, no real reason to repeat it.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else running into lots of bugs post update? Tonight i have yet to see any progress bars update, had duobloons credited without ui pop, a ship of the damned whose door never opened that i figured out how to respawn anyways by walking through the door, and a glitchy meg that chased our ship, rather than the usual circle, only to clip on the rear of the ship virtually stopping our progress. The only fix for this last issue was to jump over board and have the meg run into one if our crew allowing the ship to sail away - the meg eventually outright dissapeared. Havent run into so many issues in one session in quite some time.

running a solo merchant quest and i'm attacked by a meg. mid patch job following an attack and my bucket disappears. completely glitched out of my inventory. sunk.

fuck

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they'd remove those darn skeletons that run at you with gunpowder.

On tonight's session we had both a meg and a skeleton ship at either side of us. I've no idea how we got so unlucky, but needless to say we got ruined.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Doubloons are great for leveling up + they might come handy in the future with doubloon exclusive content.
I'm a PL and I'm hoarding them like crazy.
I really wish they'd remove those darn skeletons that run at you with gunpowder.

On tonight's session we had both a meg and a skeleton ship at either side of us. I've no idea how we got so unlucky, but needless to say we got ruined.
Pls no. They are a great addition.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Having difficulty getting a group to play now but wanted to do the Mercenary voyage. Do you guys think it's doable solo or is it going to be a pain in the butt?

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Having difficulty getting a group to play now but wanted to do the Mercenary voyage. Do you guys think it's doable solo or is it going to be a pain in the butt?
You shouldn't have much trouble, the quest triggers easy skeletons (go down after 3 sword swings, no guns apart from captains) and isn't very long. Just be careful when getting the final 3 drunken chests, greedy pirates might try to rob ya!

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Did the merchant quest and took down a stronghold with my friends last night

Like 25k or more in the run, damn

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes this game is needlessly unfair. I thought I'd have a quick go on my lonesome for an hour or two, ended up finding myself being attacked by a kraken, IN A STORM.

I turned my Xbox off in anger.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
You shouldn't have much trouble, the quest triggers easy skeletons (go down after 3 sword swings, no guns apart from captains) and isn't very long. Just be careful when getting the final 3 drunken chests, greedy pirates might try to rob ya!
So what's with the 3 final drunken chests? I already got one (from the X map), the riddle didn't have a drunken chest and all I got left is the crates thing and the captains.

Oh and yeah, already got a Brig following me (solo on a Sloop), but I killed the guy that jumped on my ship and when they kept following me I got them trying to find me along the wrong direction (did a 180 turn behind some rocks and hid there, then moved around when I assumed they were on the other side, then kept going straight and after a while I saw them fading into the fog).

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
So what's with the 3 final drunken chests? I already got one (from the X map), the riddle didn't have a drunken chest and all I got left is the crates thing and the captains.
After you've finished all quests, you'll get a final map with the 3 drunken chests - the one you've already got is bonus :)

Oh and yeah, already got a Brig following me (solo on a Sloop), but I killed the guy that jumped on my ship and when they kept following me I got them trying to find me along the wrong direction (did a 180 turn behind some rocks and hid there, then moved around when I assumed they were on the other side, then kept going straight and after a while I saw them fading into the fog).
Nice one ;)

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Welp, way to end this voyage. After spending so much time solo fighting a fucking KRAKEN, a skeleton ship almost wrecking me as I'm reaching an outpost, then finally getting the 3 drunk barrels and just as I'm hitting the outpost (literally already down by the beach on my rowboat) a galleon comes by, wrecks my ship, kills me and I respawn in the other side of the fucking world map. And what I don't understand is that they literally came out of nowhere, straight towards me and moved around me a bunch of times trying to take me down until I landed into the island. Could they have known that I was carrying this stuff or something???

Ugh. At least I got the voyage done and was able to sell one of the 3 barrels, but I assume they found the other 2 and sold them. Lost motivation to play this solo anymore since it seems like the game actively fucks with you in those situations more than I've experienced when playing on a Brig or even a Galleon.

Oh well! I mean, I know this is what the game is about, obviously. But still a good reminder to not play this solo, at least unless I plan on just being on the griefing side (and I don't like doing that, so...).

Edit: btw, I'm just salty now and I know I'll go back to it. Still, god damnit Rare, you could balance things out a bit so that playing solo isn't a suicide mission.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, way to end this voyage. After spending so much time solo fighting a fucking KRAKEN, a skeleton ship almost wrecking me as I'm reaching an outpost, then finally getting the 3 drunk barrels and just as I'm hitting the outpost (literally already down by the beach on my rowboat) a galleon comes by, wrecks my ship, kills me and I respawn in the other side of the fucking world map. And what I don't understand is that they literally came out of nowhere, straight towards me and moved around me a bunch of times trying to take me down until I landed into the island. Could they have known that I was carrying this stuff or something???

Ugh. At least I got the voyage done and was able to sell one of the 3 barrels, but I assume they found the other 2 and sold them. Lost motivation to play this solo anymore since it seems like the game actively fucks with you in those situations more than I've experienced when playing on a Brig or even a Galleon.

Oh well! I mean, I know this is what the game is about, obviously. But still a good reminder to not play this solo, at least unless I plan on just being on the griefing side (and I don't like doing that, so...).

Edit: btw, I'm just salty now and I know I'll go back to it. Still, god damnit Rare, you could balance things out a bit so that playing solo isn't a suicide mission.

I feel your pain man after my solo endeavour today. I managed to have a pretty smooth, relaxing sailing experience where I managed to get about 7 chests without any hassle or interruption. But then on the way to the outpost I also came across a kraken whilst in a storm and it was a situation that's impossible to win on your own, so I lost all 7 chests thanks to some sheer random bad luck.

They really need to make things easier for solo people.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
thank god i'm done with the devils roar merchant voyages, those were a pain in the ass. pick up 8 crates from this guy on an erupting volcano, then sail them to the opposite side of the map. oh, is that a meg attacking you? say goodbye to your 4 rum bottle crates!

oh shit oh shit oh shit

PSYCH!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, I just got a friend code for PC which I can use to play for free until a certain date. I have been playing solo and enjoy the game so far but I can't seem to get the voice chat to work. I've tried allowing my Sea of Thieves and the Xbox app access to my microphone and also tried changing settings in the game itself, but I can't get it to work. Could anyone help me with this problem. Thank you.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I just got a friend code for PC which I can use to play for free until a certain date. I have been playing solo and enjoy the game so far but I can't seem to get the voice chat to work. I've tried allowing my Sea of Thieves and the Xbox app access to my microphone and also tried changing settings in the game itself, but I can't get it to work. Could anyone help me with this problem. Thank you.
https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115012749647-Windows-10-Audio-Chat

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Haha OMG, did it also grab / slap the skelly ship?
there were a few times it looked like a wrap was about to happen but the tentacle would just clip through & disappear. tbh it mightve been ones pointed at our boat that was going under the waves coincidentally as the skelly ship was passing by
o2eSnxN.png

Yager

Oct 26, 2017
A friend and I, a sloop, a volcano erupting, a skelly ship and a megalodon. Shit was intense, but we survived.
Yesterday we had a skelly ship + megalodon combo again, but this time Meg went after them. It was hilarious. Loving all the changes they have introduced to the game (started playing again a few weeks ago after 5-6 months of not touching it).

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Got absolutely annihilated tonight by four pirate legends on a galleon. I guess they've got nothing better to do in the game other than be dicks.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
Got absolutely annihilated tonight by four pirate legends on a galleon. I guess they've got nothing better to do in the game other than be dicks.
They really don't. That's the problem right now: the endgame for Legends is to sail around and make their own fun while grinding commendations. Chasing and sinking/robbing people is way more fun than grinding out Devil's Roar cargo runs

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
They really don't. That's the problem right now: the endgame for Legends is to sail around and make their own fun while grinding commendations. Chasing and sinking/robbing people is way more fun than grinding out Devil's Roar cargo runs

I know you're right :( I was trying to make myself feel better about my failures by making them the bad guys haha.

Have Rare made this game more mean spirited? I got attacked by a skeleton crew whilst parked up at an outpost! Couldn't catch a break last night whatsoever.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot of Apex recently, but I think I'm going to have to put it down to the side this week for the SoT Pinoeer, instead.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone PM me the times? I'm a pioneer - I can't find the info. *tips pirate hat*

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, gonna need a crew of fellow Pioneers - add me on XBL, maybe drop me a PM so I know who you are. Will be doing my very best to get on this evening. :)

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Summary Via Reddit user Conflagreat
  1. They are fixing the exploit that still lets you double gun.
  2. They are paying attention to the data about the balance between the weapons after the update to balance them to tune further.
  3. They are fixing a sound bug that prevented players from hearing the ship filling with water.
  4. They are adding an option for streamers to turn off gamertags around them. Including theirs.
  5. The upcoming mega update is their main focus. They will announce all of it on March 20.
  6. Updates between then and now will contain quality of life updates (bugs, balance issues, etc.)
  7. New mercenary voyages planned.
  8. Instability is due to changes to core game. (Please don't be mad making games is hard ;-;)
  9. Thanked pioneers for support.
  10. Working to allow more pioneers to be pioneers.
  11. LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE

Opt in Pioneers! Hopefully it's soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.