• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered some of the coins off the merchandise store last week. Not something I need whatsoever, but yolo.

Still no dispatch email :(

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
I ordered some of the coins off the merchandise store last week. Not something I need whatsoever, but yolo.

Still no dispatch email :(

I've found the merchandise store to take a VERY long time to update / send you anything other than the order confirmation. It took around 2 months for the Tales and Athena's Fortune books to be delivered when I ordered them. (UK based if that matters)

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've found the merchandise store to take a VERY long time to update / send you anything other than the order confirmation. It took around 2 months for the Tales and Athena's Fortune books to be delivered when I ordered them. (UK based if that matters)

I never even got an order confirmation email which is..a little worrying. I've got a reference number though so I may get in touch with them soon. They say on their website they aim to dispatch 2 - 3 days after ordering, clearly a lie!

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Shitheads breaking NDA. Hope the person who did this gets caught. Seems unlikely tho.

Not gonna look. Don't wanna get spoiled.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
saw this on reddit, haven't had a chance to watch it all yet but its a interview with Rare's Chris Marlow.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
solo sailing and heading south from mermaids hideaway i see a galleon sailing to the SE after a skelly fort. they saw me and made a bee line for me, so i quickly dropped anchor with the wheel locked to one direction to whip the ship around to sail back north and around mermaids hideaway. they are chasing but as i hoped they are sailing to cut me off as if i'm racing to golden sands outpost. as soon as our line of sight is broken i flip another u-turn heading back south, into the wind, AND FOG. cool, i'm free.

i sail way past discovery ridge, thinking i'll hit up shark bait cove which will hopefully put me out of their path. but once out of the fog i see they've resumed going after the skull fort. its quite a ways away, but i change plans and sail north to plunder island for a quick riddle. on the island i'm continuously checking on them. still parked at the fort.

i bang out the riddle, dig up my chest, and hear cannon fire. the island is shooting at someone? fuck! I run back to my ship and its sailing away. the island is shooting at it! i hitch a mermaid into not one, but two, waiting pirates swords.

how? there were no boats, no row boats. would they really have swam that entire way? me friend was complaining about a similar incident the other day, is there a new exploit?

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
solo sailing and heading south from mermaids hideaway i see a galleon sailing to the SE after a skelly fort. they saw me and made a bee line for me, so i quickly dropped anchor with the wheel locked to one direction to whip the ship around to sail back north and around mermaids hideaway. they are chasing but as i hoped they are sailing to cut me off as if i'm racing to golden sands outpost. as soon as our line of sight is broken i flip another u-turn heading back south, into the wind, AND FOG. cool, i'm free.

i sail way past discovery ridge, thinking i'll hit up shark bait cove which will hopefully put me out of their path. but once out of the fog i see they've resumed going after the skull fort. its quite a ways away, but i change plans and sail north to plunder island for a quick riddle. on the island i'm continuously checking on them. still parked at the fort.

i bang out the riddle, dig up my chest, and hear cannon fire. the island is shooting at someone? fuck! I run back to my ship and its sailing away. the island is shooting at it! i hitch a mermaid into not one, but two, waiting pirates swords.

how? there were no boats, no row boats. would they really have swam that entire way? me friend was complaining about a similar incident the other day, is there a new exploit?

People have been watching Summit. He swims for ages to sneak on ships.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
For the first time ever since getting this game I thought I'd try playing with a random stranger tonight, and I had a whale of a time! We had a very successful three hours, and he was a pleasant chap. I should really be more open to playing with other online folk.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
ok, that makes sense - i guess. fuck, how boring would that be? what if i sailed away? lol
They couldve kept following you. All you need to swim from one island to the next is five bananas and five EoR shots, which you can replenish at islands. Plus if you keep hopping islands youll probably find a rowboat you can ditch a safe distance away when youre in range to finally sneak onboard

I discovered how easy it was to swim when I was trying to keep tabs on a brig that stole the fort key from us (we already opened the door with a different key and they didnt know which of the other forts had the loot) but we didnt want to give away we were following them around. Didnt realize summit had started doing it lol

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

-Merc set coming to the game for everybody next month or so
-Sword play will get a little punishment for missing again
-Arena out to Pioneers and New quest stuff is being tested
-QOL update early March will enable Pioneers Opt In and new merc voyages.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Now that he said Arena is in for pioneers let me tell you it shows a lot of promise
I'm really excited for it. I love SoT PvP but on those days when I don't feel like grinding athenas running around looking for PvP can be very time consuming. Being able to jump in and find other people looking for a fight in shorter burst sounds awesome.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
PCGamesN did a PC review for Sea of Thieves, for some reason. In my opinion the timing is a bit weird, as they should re-review the game after the 'mega update' but oh well: https://www.pcgamesn.com/sea-of-thieves/pc-review

8/10
"Are they flying the Jolly Roger because they want to kill or because it looks cool?" is too real lol. Every time we encounter the reapers mark we have the discussion of "Are they here for pvp, late comers to the commendation, or are they new and just picked it because it looks cool and dont actually know what it means?"

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
So summit just played another spyrate game... and I greatly recommend watching it

Probably his best stream yet

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So summit just played another spyrate game... and I greatly recommend watching it

Probably his best stream yet
lil ingame rulesets/sports like this and stuff like skullball i hope eventually get worked into the arena mode as alternate gametypes because this stuff looks fun but i will probably never play them because of the people/work needed in setting it up

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Just watched Summit's VOD from yesterday playing spyrate games, I've never laughed so hard watching a stream in my entire life. The timing of the pink panther music was so perfect.

And Ceez catching Pace re-draw the dick on the map when Summit was the spy was hilarious too.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the whole first spyrate game when Summit was the spy on his stream and it was amazing. He got caught late but he did so much to screw his team over it was brilliant, and he was born to very quickly draw dicks on maps so it was almost unfair how quickly he banged those out and left them to be found by others in suspicious circumstances. I thought Ceez was going to have an aneurysm lol.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah i've been following spyrate games since the 'conception'. Ever since i've been dying each stream. I am actually quite surprised how ceez has been able to make such a great idea and execute in such a perfect way.

Sea of thieves has the potential to become huuuuuuge this year. Like minecraft huge if they can add things that could keep every moment interesting

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

New pioneers from March 6th
People who hit Pirate LEgend before the 20th of March will get a surprise
New missions this week which will include using the Reapers Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.