• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
eyes_1f440.png

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i downloaded the pioneer build over night, ~18 gigs, to play with my friend this weekend. came home to an update of nearly 30 gig. huh. sweet.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is this the PvP people were asking for though? It's not willing PvP, it feels... weird

On two different servers today I had friendly encounters at Wanderers. 2 Reaper ships not including ours and no PVP happened. It was friendly the whole way. We all just dug up our chests and went on our merry way. At one point we had 25+ chests on our boat. It only turns into PVP if someone fires a shot. Interesting test of self-control amongst players.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
On two different servers today I had friendly encounters at Wanderers. 2 Reaper ships not including ours and no PVP happened. It was friendly the whole way. We all just dug up our chests and went on our merry way. At one point we had 25+ chests on our boat. It only turns into PVP if someone fires a shot. Interesting test of self-control amongst players.
I would stay on wanderers while my crew went to the other islands for riddles and I was there with another guy who was doing the same thing. We hung out chatted showed each other our maps and joked around who's Friends were slower at solving riddles. It was great. The game really has such a special social element to it that is unlike any others.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's been deleted off the subreddit, but I didn't sign no NDA so here's what I remember:

Two new factions, one to do with story quests one to do with fishing. Stuff about harpoons and fire propagation. Cooking and pets. It was a few hours ago now so the specifics are hazy.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Looks like it's been deleted off the subreddit, but I didn't sign no NDA so here's what I remember:

Two new factions, one to do with story quests one to do with fishing. Stuff about harpoons and fire propagation. Cooking and pets. It was a few hours ago now so the specifics are hazy.
OOOH! This is going to get juicy.

I've noticed this as well, a lot of people wearing the Reapers flag tend to team up, or at least not bother each other since they basically have the same objective. When the mission was released, we we're chasing down a brig, and they sailed to another isle with another reaper crew begging for help, they teamed up against us and we got our asses handed to us.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
question about the reaper flag merc challenge:

"To unlock the Legendary Reaper of Wanderer's Refuge commendation, you will have to complete this Mercenary Voyage 5 times while flying the Reaper's Mark flag."

a friend and i did this. we flew the flag the entire time, never once took it down. completed the voyage and got the 20 doubloons for that, but the progress bar still shows 0/5 towards the legendary reaper. what gives? our ship was sunk once, but upon respawn still had the flag raised. could this have been it?

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
question about the reaper flag merc challenge:

"To unlock the Legendary Reaper of Wanderer's Refuge commendation, you will have to complete this Mercenary Voyage 5 times while flying the Reaper's Mark flag."

a friend and i did this. we flew the flag the entire time, never once took it down. completed the voyage and got the 20 doubloons for that, but the progress bar still shows 0/5 towards the legendary reaper. what gives? our ship was sunk once, but upon respawn still had the flag raised. could this have been it?
You have to raise the flag before the quest is placed on the table and voted on iirc, so that might be it.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Earned all the Reaper cosmetics Friday, epic 16 hour session. Feels good. We're 10 days away from seeing all the good things coming our way for Sea of Thieves in 2019. It's all going to be game changing stuff and I really can't wait. Hope the release is like... The next day, or at least the next week. If they say April, I'm gonna be sad.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Earned all the Reaper cosmetics Friday, epic 16 hour session. Feels good. We're 10 days away from seeing all the good things coming our way for Sea of Thieves in 2019. It's all going to be game changing stuff and I really can't wait. Hope the release is like... The next day, or at least the next week. If they say April, I'm gonna be sad.
I'm guessing April at earliest. They will barely start opening up pioneers for more people this week so I think they need to do quite a bit more testing.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I got together with 2 mates on a Brig and we did our first Reapers Flag mission last night, we started at 7:30 and finished just after 11.
We messed up while we were waiting for our third going and poking the other guys flying the Reapers flag on the map. They smashed us every chance they had, it was so busy on our final trip back to wanderers it was brutal.

Other ships came in, there was fog, Krankens, Megs and a out run bait and switch with a rowboat to a outpost to get our gear dropped.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Downloading the insider build right now, waiting for the insider programme to go live. Haven't been in this since the technical alpha!

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading the insider build right now, waiting for the insider programme to go live. Haven't been in this since the technical alpha!
Yeah I think Previous pioneers already have access to the download. The rest of us need to wait for it to go live which is supposed to be later today.

Via mod on the official forum

"Relevant links to the sign up page and more information about what this new opt-in Insider Programme entails will be available on our website and social channels later today."

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I'm so goddamn hyped for this. Can't wait for the leaks and everything aaaarggghhh.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I feel sorry for the people that don't want to partake in the insider stuff. The amount of leaks will be nasty, but I hope Rare will deal with them swiftly.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Just read the most recent Pioneer patches notes. Man, not got time to hop on atm, but the next update is gonna be suhweet.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
I feel sorry for the people that don't want to partake in the insider stuff. The amount of leaks will be nasty, but I hope Rare will deal with them swiftly.
Or they announce the things in testing?

Rare wants a bunch of unpaid bug testers while also having full control of information flow. You can't have it both ways. A game like Overwatch where announced content gets pushed to PTR first seems more reasonable

Maybe you lose some of your marketing power, less mindshare when content goes live. But again: that's the tradeoff when you want to run a parallel pay-to-play early access version of your game

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Or they announce the things in testing?

Rare wants a bunch of unpaid bug testers while also having full control of information flow. You can't have it both ways. A game like Overwatch where announced content gets pushed to PTR first seems more reasonable

Maybe you lose some of your marketing power, less mindshare when content goes live. But again: that's the tradeoff when you want to run a parallel pay-to-play early access version of your game

Honestly, if it would help them release a version without things like the poison/drowning barrel problem, I'm fine with being a tester. If they want qualitative feedback on a new feature or weapon balance change? I'm happy to give it. I agree that they SHOULD treat it like a PTR, but for whatever reason they're not. Maybe that will change as things move forward.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if it would help them release a version without things like the poison/drowning barrel problem, I'm fine with being a tester.
That's the part I find insane

The point of players not wanting bugs is so they DON'T experience them. Saying "I'll experience them early so I don't have to experience them later" sounds insane to me. You're still stuck experiencing it! You avoided nothing!

Now, if you phrased it "I'm happy to let other people test it before me so I don't have to experience it at all" I'm behind that idea

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
The point of players not wanting bugs is so they DON'T experience them. Saying "I'll experience them early so I don't have to experience them later" sounds insane to me. You're still stuck experiencing it! You avoided nothing!
First of all, you opt in to a test version and play a different character (i.e. your progress doesn't matter), so that's a big difference. Plus, if there are serious bugs in the test build, you can still go back to playing the official version. Don't see any problems with that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I cant get the insider build. I have gamepass. Game is installed and i opted on on the site and it said i was a insider. Dont see anything in the insider hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.