• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Now we can just tell people to opt-in Insider themselves to see the delicious patch notes themselves.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Wait... I never bothered doing this, but if I'm part of the insider programme can I download and play the insider build? Is that all that it takes?

I mean, I just put my account on the sign up page and bang. I thought there was some long approval process or whatever.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I need this boat more than anything.
D1jYyGIX0AAokT2.jpg:large

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

• Dont break NDA for Insiders
  • March 15-18th Gold and Glory 2x rep and gold
  • Trailer on March 20 for Mega Update
  • Live streams to continue the discussions about Mega Update on/after the 20th
  • New Mercenary Voyages (incl Reapers Run) coming on March 20
  • Mouse+Keyboard coming March 20
  • Chatpad coming March 20
  • Combat - weapon equip delay happening after sprint removed (March 20)

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So March 20th a big trailer after livestreams etc.
March 20 also brings keyboard and mouse support for Xbox.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it's just me sailing the lone ship of not being an insider.

I don't mind, I'm quite happy to just wait for the announcements.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Two more hours then I can start grinding that double gold. I have a feeling I will be needing it in the future.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
man, i'm going to bang out the merchant voyages. it was 700 gold for each of the 8 items. 5,600 gold, doable solo in 20 min. should be rolling in the cash - and finally get those doubloons!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Having a great session with randoms. Forts are brutal. Skellies, megs, pro sloop ninjas attacking our battered galleon, Brigs firing from afar...

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
How long did that take you? I'm new to being a pirate legend and man these athenas run long.
One takes us a little over an hour with a two man sloop. We don't deliver merchants(you only need to pick them up for credit) and I get dropped of at riddles to solve them and dig up the chest then mermaid back to the ship without it. It's much faster that way. Since we were getting so much gold we actually dug up most stuff. Also keep in mind we do then in the devils roar. They are worth twice as much and you do it on a much smaller section of the map but you need to battle volcanoes which if you are unlucky means waiting around a lot till they finish exploding.

Soeed running is just dropping people off at islands and tapping the treasure for credit and not actually taking them with you. Any if them including treasure maps. But that's when you don't care for gold and just eant the athenas asap.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do the rep increases you can buy from Duke count as one rep level regardless of how high you are? Like it's a full level from 49-50 for example?

Also, does it drop you off at the start of the next level or somewhere into it based on where you were in the last level?

I got a good chunk of athena xp from an alliance. Maybe it just applies to athena and not the other companies?
Nah it's definitely anything turned in by your alliance including normal chests/crates.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played in a while, but my crew played a bit last night and might today. What happens on the 20th? (I know its the anniversary)

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Do the rep increases you can buy from Duke count as one rep level
of how high you are? Like it's a full level from 49-50 for example?

Also, does it drop you off at the start of the next level or somewhere into it based on where you were in the last level?

Nah it's definitely anything turned in by your alliance including normal chests/crates.
It's a full level so I'd save them for 45+ if I remember correctly it leaves you where you where you were on the level before.
I haven't played in a while, but my crew played a bit last night and might today. What happens on the 20th? (I know its the anniversary)
Pirate legends get something. We dont know what yet but most expecr it to be a cosmetic.

That looks amazing. I suppose this is Insider related, but how do you get this?

You need to sign up as an insider and complete at least one hour of playtime a week on insider builds for 15 weeks to get the full set. The other rewards are gold.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Had a good fun few hours on this tonight with one other friend, managed to make 40k ish from just doing normal voyages. Didn't bother doing any skull forts because they take far too long when there's just two of you. We somehow even managed to escape the clutches of the kraken which rarely happens.

I still HATE the skelly ships, they're my least favourite part of the game. They're an absolute pain in the arse and it feels like it takes about half an hour just to get rid of them.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Had a good fun few hours on this tonight with one other friend, managed to make 40k ish from just doing normal voyages. Didn't bother doing any skull forts because they take far too long when there's just two of you. We somehow even managed to escape the clutches of the kraken which rarely happens.

I still HATE the skelly ships, they're my least favourite part of the game. They're an absolute pain in the arse and it feels like it takes about half an hour just to get rid of them.

Couple tips, shoot below the water line, rsm them an throw buckets of water on them, sail nearish islands send watch them crash ashore, and best tip of all, drop a weeping chest on board and just wait.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Loaded in with two friends, saw a skull fort then saw the skull disappear. We zipped over there trying to spot the ship on its way back to an outpost with the loot. We found the sloop and chased them, they refused to fight and just fled. They tried to drop stuff off at Galleon's Grave but one of our crew shot himself onto the island and managed to blow up their stronghold gunpowder barrel before they could turn it in rofl.

They got super salty after that calling us trash etc which we thought was hilarious. They then proceeded to try and bait us off the edge of the map, dropping loot into the sea. I basically sailed back and forth, pinning them into the red sea until they sank, then turned right around went and did a fort that had since activated.

Probably the saltiest and most pathetic thing I've seen someone do in this game lol.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Loaded in with two friends, saw a skull fort then saw the skull disappear. We zipped over there trying to spot the ship on its way back to an outpost with the loot. We found the sloop and chased them, they refused to fight and just fled. They tried to drop stuff off at Galleon's Grave but one of our crew shot himself onto the island and managed to blow up their stronghold gunpowder barrel before they could turn it in rofl.

They got super salty after that calling us trash etc which we thought was hilarious. They then proceeded to try and bait us off the edge of the map, dropping loot into the sea. I basically sailed back and forth, pinning them into the red sea until they sank, then turned right around went and did a fort that had since activated.

Probably the saltiest and most pathetic thing I've seen someone do in this game lol.

those losers rofl

Oct 29, 2017
I am not entirely sure about the rules here, sorry if this is not allowed.

I'm quite new to the game (new One X purchase). I absolutely love the idea but I have no one to play with and I don't want to ruin the more serious games that are ongoing in Looking for Party.

If anybody wants to play, my GT is DogsSchrodinger. I hope to get up to speed fast so I can get to see the new content too.

Status
Not open for further replies.