• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any wishes for the next big content update?

Personally I'm wishing for legendary beasts: Boars, Phoenix Birds (?) etc. Something to actually hunt for, that give you a challenge. Also things like ship captaincy with customizable captains quarters and shit like that could be cool.
The Captaincy update was supposed to be the first update in the game. But sharp content criticisms (and likely dev issues) put that aside to focus on adding more stuff to the game. The right call. But now getting to Pirate Legend is VASTLY accelerated thanks to the Doubloons. If I just played normally doing skeleton forts and voyages I STILL might not be PL. But doing the Duke limited time events and getting these commendations allowed me to basically buy rank up packages to get me to PL.

There is a very large group of core players already at Pirate Legend. Most LFG's revolve around Athena voyages and finding a PL to drop a voyage for you is incredibly easy nowadays.

That is why I I think they should put out the captaincy update to basically create an "endgame". Let utilize that hideout and make it a friendly, social space. Let us shoot out into the world like they said we would. Let our ships stand out more than just glowy sail decals.

And they will likely do this as they add more tall tales

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Ive been a pirate legend since November and after that point I did give up on the game for a month or 2, but have come back recently to be my main game to play again. I never cared for athena rank or voyages however the game is just too much fun with friends. However I wish there was an actual meaning to being pirate legend other than you can look different and summon a hole in the floor of taverns.

I would love it if the PL players could summon the hungering deep boss battle while there are no other events going on in the server or at least something to that effect. Just have something the PL legends can do in the world other than have purple stuff.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Yeah, a lot of players have hit ten pl already and they have basically no reason to play outside of having fun, even the cosmetics are pretty slim.

They need to start working on legend exclusive stuff at some point.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I haven't played for 2 weeks now, getting really hyped.

I also would like for Rare to give us a time for the update as i've got 3 days off work for this.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
This update sounds and looks like the best thing to come out of Rare in years.

For the future I'd like to actually be able to own an island and be able to decorate it and fortify it for a gears of war type survival mode with that sweat Sea of Thieves charm.

Honestly there is so much potential here I could go on but I trust the developers with how forward they have been with fans and fixing issues.

Much love for Rare! Can't wait for the update.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
IIRC the patch can appear much earlier than that, but the servers are down until 4pm ish. They're not contingent on each other, I think.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, patch comes out within that time. Most likely you will have finished downloading until servers are back online.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Apologies if this has been answering before but does anyone know if I can play the new single player story mode without a Gold subscription?

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Apologies if this has been answering before but does anyone know if I can play the new single player story mode without a Gold subscription?

Worth noting as it's a bit of a misconception - there is no single-player story mode. The new content is still in the always-online, shared world of Sea of Thieves. You can complete the Tall Tale story voyages solo, but each server can have up to 6 crews in it and they may or may not interfere with your progress at any point. Yes it is online only so you'll need Gold if you're playing on Xbox but not for PC.

Also worth noting - playing Sea of Thieves solo is hard.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm, update is available on PC. Presume the same for Xbox. See you in the arena lads and ladies!

Do we have an OT2 yet? Can we just plagarise the old one?

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Is this game a good coop game? How is it? I was really interested before it came out but the reviews seemed like a big letdown so I never got the game. I'm thinking of picking it up this weekend and playing it with a friend. Thanks

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this game a good coop game? How is it? I was really interested before it came out but the reviews seemed like a big letdown so I never got the game. I'm thinking of picking it up this weekend and playing it with a friend. Thanks

Yep, son plays with 1 or 2 buddies and loves it.

Example, just today they went fishing as a duo and decided one was going to bait a shark to the front of their ship and the other attempt to harpoon said shark.

Even navigating the ship and quests is built with buddies and teams in mind e.g. which ship you sail, where you go, how you get there, keeping afloat with repairs, battles, loot, navigating etc.

Jun 26, 2018
Been trying to get into it, but either my microphone isn't working or no one else is talking. Also I have barely any idea of how to get started in the game, it's pretty confusing/overwhelming.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

It is a blast with friends (though has a bit of a learning curve - as long as you're cool with just having some pirate-y times and don't worry about progression at first you'll be fine). There is also a second OT for the game that will be more active for discussion than this.

www.resetera.com

Sea of Thieves |OT2| The Golden Era of Piracy

Yarr, welcome one and all to OT2! (Hastily put together by yours truly, though in true Pirate fashion, I stole the banner from the last OT - Credit to Centracor once again) Platform(s): Xbox One, PC (Windows 10 Store) - Crossplay, Gamepass and Crossbuy Enabled Players: 1-4 Players Online Only...

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Starting to feel the itch to get back into this game. I logged in for the Spartan gear and it all came back how much I loved it (even though it can frustrate the shit out of me). Just curious have the devs even hinted about SoT2 being in the works? I really hate really getting into a game and watching it fade away never to be heard from again.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Starting to feel the itch to get back into this game. I logged in for the Spartan gear and it all came back how much I loved it (even though it can frustrate the shit out of me). Just curious have the devs even hinted about SoT2 being in the works? I really hate really getting into a game and watching it fade away never to be heard from again.

Well, there is an OT2 - Sea of Thieves |OT2| The Golden Era of Piracy

The devs have only ever talked about continually updating and adding to the existing game for the foreseeable future. In last week's dev update, Joe talks about returning from E3 with a head full of ideas on how to grow SoT in the upcoming years. Depending on when you played last before now, they have added a TON of content in the Anniversary update, arguably more than doubling what was previously in there. And Rare has a huge team that also includes 2 outside development houses focused on content for the existing Sea of Thieves. IMO, you have no need to worry that this game will fade away.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Well, there is an OT2 - Sea of Thieves |OT2| The Golden Era of Piracy

The devs have only ever talked about continually updating and adding to the existing game for the foreseeable future. In last week's dev update, Joe talks about returning from E3 with a head full of ideas on how to grow SoT in the upcoming years. Depending on when you played last before now, they have added a TON of content in the Anniversary update, arguably more than doubling what was previously in there. And Rare has a huge team that also includes 2 outside development houses focused on content for the existing Sea of Thieves. IMO, you have no need to worry that this game will fade away.
I stopped right before skele ships so it has been great to see the new stuff on streams.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
5 minutes ago I watched my 12 year old daughter come across a large black boat. Black sails. Hopefully someone here.

Its crew were on the island they were anchored next to. She climbed onto their boat and stole a captain chest and bolted for the nearest outpost and turned it in. I take it this is worth a bit as an achievement popped for turning in a stolen captains chest. I found the whole thing very amusing as the poor crew have know idea what hit them. They probably don't even know yet that they were even hit.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5 minutes ago I watched my 12 year old daughter come across a large black boat. Black sails. Hopefully someone here.

Its crew were on the island they were anchored next to. She climbed onto their boat and stole a captain chest and bolted for the nearest outpost and turned it in. I take it this is worth a bit as an achievement popped for turning in a stolen captains chest. I found the whole thing very amusing as the poor crew have know idea what hit them. They probably don't even know yet that they were even hit.
Friendly reminder, theres a new OT

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Played with a Friend today and oh lord, I wish there would be an Offline-Version or Private Servers possible. We are both Beginners, and were doing some Quests. But there was ALWAYS that one Ship from another Player group. Always in the Same area. While we had he smallest ship, they were sailing with the biggest one. But they ALWAYS attacked us, no matter what we said, we begged that they could please stop, because well... we are beginners. But nope.
We quit the game after an hour, because they killed us 5 times and we could'nt finish one mission. This is so frustrating.

Edit: Sorry, didn't the new OP Thread.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Played with a Friend today and oh lord, I wish there would be an Offline-Version or Private Servers possible. We are both Beginners, and were doing some Quests. But there was ALWAYS that one Ship from another Player group. Always in the Same area. While we had he smallest ship, they were sailing with the biggest one. But they ALWAYS attacked us, no matter what we said, we begged that they could please stop, because well... we are beginners. But nope.
We quit the game after an hour, because they killed us 5 times and we could'nt finish one mission. This is so frustrating.

Edit: Sorry, didn't the new OP Thread.

Just for future reference, it's worth noting that the sloop is faster than a galleon when sailing into the wind. I too have had large ships of super aggressive players trying to wipe me out, but as soon as they got close, I set sail into the wind and began playing my sweet music with a cheeky wave in-between as they tried (and failed) to catch me.

Status
Not open for further replies.