• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 2 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes, 56 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Sea of Thieves |OT2| The Golden Era of Piracy

Tawpgun

Oct 25, 2017
New event is called Festival of Giving. I really hope its something more than reskinned voyages. The giving aspect of it gives me hope.

It used to be that the beginning bilge rat adventures and expansions fostered player interactions in the form of possible co-op.

You needed 5 people to summon the hungering deep meg.
You had commendations for sitting on a skeleton throne with someone from another crew
There were commendations for beating ships while in an alliance.

We haven't really had anything like that since. I would love if there were commendations revolved around giving treasure away or working with someone else.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
New event is called Festival of Giving. I really hope its something more than reskinned voyages. The giving aspect of it gives me hope.

It used to be that the beginning bilge rat adventures and expansions fostered player interactions in the form of possible co-op.

You needed 5 people to summon the hungering deep meg.
You had commendations for sitting on a skeleton throne with someone from another crew
There were commendations for beating ships while in an alliance.

We haven't really had anything like that since. I would love if there were commendations revolved around giving treasure away or working with someone else.
Someone mentioned to me that the reason we don’t have those any more is because a portion of the game’s community complained about those - VERY loudly on Reddit and the game’s forums. The initial skeleton fleets that rotated times (in real time) and the hungering deep event were SUPER COOL and were some of the only times since release where you’d have an entire server doing something together. They encouraged super unique player interactions.

I get why some people didn’t like those but man that was a fun time in the game.

Now the game is more built for everyone to be able to do everything, including things like putting previously time-limited cosmetics into a Duke’s Black Market Back Catalog to always be available (as mentioned in the dev update video). Nothing is limited anymore, and the time-limited commendations in the last 2-3 events are things that could be done in about 2 hours of play. Very few people use in-game voice anymore. It’s all a bit disappointing, though of course I still love the game and don’t see myself falling off of playing it anytime soon.

op_ivy

Oct 25, 2017
disappearing wind a bug? last few sessions, at some point the wind indicators go away and never return. i have to rely on what direction my flag is flapping to figure it out, kind of a pain!

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah thats an old old bug, was talking to a friend about it literally this time last year how itd be neat if you could optionally turn off the wind and be forced to rely on the flag if you wanted a less gamey experience while sailing. Of course theres also a bug where the flag disappears sometimes so

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
disappearing wind a bug? last few sessions, at some point the wind indicators go away and never return. i have to rely on what direction my flag is flapping to figure it out, kind of a pain!
Yep this bug has persisted for probably the last year or more. Dying and coming back fixes it. I also still get the player models appearing as green skeletons bug all the time too. There are a bunch of little issues like that that have not actually been fixed despite showing up in patch notes that they are.